Start by marking “Beautiful Forever” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Forever

Beautiful Forever (Midsummer's Nightmare)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Brady Duncan has been indulging the whims of best friend Tessa McNeil for years. When she announces in the middle of a vacation in New Orleans that she's managed to obtain an invitation to a notorious local Vampyre Haven at the historic Maison Bertrand, Brady reluctantly agrees to accompany her. He’s never understood her fascination with "the lifestyle," as Tessa calls it, ...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Forever

Mandy*reads obsessively*
2.5*
Brady is dressed up and taken as an 'offering' to a vampire by his friend ( use that term loosely) Tessa.
The problem is, Brady has no idea that's what happening, he thinks its a weird and scary costume party.
He is saves from a very unpleasant experience and there is an instant attraction.
This is where the story sort of lost me.
(view spoiler)
Serena Yates
This is a good story about the things people will do when they're driven by need. Tessa wants to be 'beautiful forever' and Brady is her ticket to get what she wants (or so she thinks). Brady is a victim - so he believes. Lucien is lonely and desperate for a companion and not too worried about how he gets him.

I found it hard to like any of them. Tessa is the least likeable and gets her come-uppance in the end. Brady is just naive, and I guess I sort of felt sorry for him, but really - he should
Heller
A wonderful creepy book to read just in time for Halloween. This had a few time jumps and I think as a longer story it would have been so awesome but still very eerie, gorgeous descriptions in this one. I really liked the chemistry between Brady and Lucien and the ending just rocked it. Good little read!
Mary
I loved all the descriptions in this book, they are so gorgeous and make you feel like you are right there standing in the house. I can't do justice to the layers of the language, just amazing. And then Lucien on top of all that, it's just great.
Susan65
I was looking for something different, something to get me in the Halloween spirit, and this was perfect. I didn't expect the ending at all, but it was awesone.
Michael
Really 4.5 stars.

Beautiful Forever is a short story that packs a lot in it's 71 pages. Diana does a wonderful job pulling the reader into the scenes and making them care about a character (Brady) they hardly know. There were moments in the story that I felt genuine concern for Brady because he didn't realize just how serious and real his situation could be. Most of that concern stems from the fact that throughout the story you don't know if the situation he is in is real or if it's all pretend..
Candice

This was a good read, just it is a shame that this was so short. I think this could have been such a good story if the timeline didn't jump and we got to see these two together and working through the issues and how they got their HEA.
Betryal
This read was nifty. :snorts: Not the right word, but it's late so be it as it shall.

Lucian is really smooth and cunning in the way he gets Brady to be his, but he does it with class to my way of seeing it. Tessa, is a deceitful biatch in the way she uses Brady as a meal on a plate to try and obtain what she wants which is? You got it... to be beautiful Forever only to have it backfire on her sorry ass. I really liked how it played out and I wished it had been made into a longer story to fill i
Angel
Mandi
2-2.5 stars. I enjoyed most of this story until the last part. Suddenly time skips forward 6 months to a year (view spoiler)

I think if this was a longer novel, that time could of been fleshed out and made the whole story much better.
Silent
There was so much crammed into a small word count that the plot was left feeling rather under developed. Also there was a lot of detailed description within the book. Personally I don't like this however this is a personal opinion and I do respect that other readers/writers do enjoy it. On the other hand the sex scene was creative and made intersting reading.
Michelle
2.5 Stars
I liked this book but the story was too rushed, specially at the end. It gave me the feeling of the author trying to stick to a set word count and realising the story couldn't be told in the allocated time, so forced to jump ahead in quick spurts to reach the finish line with a reasonable ending.
Chris
Very good short paranormal m/m romance about a young man who goes along on a trip to New Orleans with his best friend, but is very unhappy when she drags him to one of her vampire wannabe parties at an antebellum mansion out in the bayou.
Vanyel Kane
Short story, good for a coffee break.

Enjoyed the main characters but as I reached the end I suspect the author had some female in mind that she was NOT fond of because there is a female that just had to suffer in it.
Sherry

WTF?!! No....just no. See Mandy *reads obsessively* review; she's spot on. (am having a 'duh' evening and not getting the direct link to her review to post correctly)
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Looks like this is out of print. It's not even listed on Copland's website, although it's mentioned briefly on her blog.
Lee
Oct 20, 2010 Lee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of M/M Vampire lovers
This was an enjoyable quick read. It fell apart a little towards the end, but I still liked it.
Jason Huffman-black
This was a nice classic tale. A little bitter at the end but still a great read.
Nikko
It was ok for me but it was aa bit rushed after brady was bitten.
Rita-Teodora
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Hayley Elliott
Hayley Elliott marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Jack
Jack marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Wounds in the Walls
  • State of Mind
  • Angels of the Deep
  • Payback (Channeling Morpheus, #1)
  • Decadence (Dominion, #0.2)
  • I Fell in Love with a Zombie
  • A Different Breed
  • An Itch to Scratch (Bloodrose #1)
  • Cinder (Blood Nation, #2)
  • Soul Magic (Triad, #3)
  • Chasing the Mailman (Stone Trail, #1)
  • Crying For The Moon
  • Fangs and Lullabies (The Demons Age #1)
  • A Brush of Wings
  • Windows in Time
  • Vampire Vow (Vampires, #1)
  • Blood Moon (Insolita Luna #1)
  • The Pauper Prince (Changing Moon, #1)
Diana Copland began writing in the seventh grade, when she shamelessly combined elements of Jane Eyre and Dark Shadows to produce an overwrought gothic tale that earned her an A- in creative writing, thanks entirely to the generosity of her teacher. She wrote for pure enjoyment for the next three decades before discovering LiveJournal and a wonderful group of supportive fanfiction writers, who aft ...more
More about Diana Copland...

Midsummer's Nightmare (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • 66 Hours in the Devil’s House
  • Enter the Succubus
  • Give the Devil His Due
  • The Gray Ghost
  • Dreaming of You / Halfway House
A Reason To Believe Grand Jeté The Growing Season (Secrets of Neverwood, #2) Sindustry Secrets of Neverwood