Start by marking “Dragon Warrior” as Want to Read:
Dragon Warrior

Dragon Warrior (Midnight Bay #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  1,194 ratings  ·  80 reviews

Published January 25th 2011 by Pocket Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Warrior

Angelc
I was so surprised by this book, normally I don't enjoy time travel or contemporary romance, but I loved this book! I guess it just proves that it's all about the writing and characters!

The time travel and shape shifting elements seemed very believable. They weren't overdone at all. But most of the reason why I loved this book was William. He was a great hero, strong, handsome, and with an unshakable sense of honor. I can really see why Maddy fell for him.

I loved reading about the nursing home w
Wendalyn Hoff
I completely loved this story. The main characters were great and the book had me laughing and crying. I didn't read the first one and started with this one cause it was a free download i think from Amazon on my Kindle. I am going to go back and buy the first one and get the 3rd one also when it comes out this summer. So can easily be read as a stand alone i just want to hear about the other people in the book.
Tigris Eden
I truly enjoyed this book... Looking forward to Trance and Fiona's Book as well. I love all of Chapman's writing... Wondering how Mac is going to fit into the swing of things as well as his sister.

I enjoyed watching the relationship between Maddy and William unfold. It was fun and sexy all at the same time and I too fell in love with the residents at the nursing home... So sad to see Mr. Man gone.
Linda
The second in the Janet Chapman Midnight Bay series Dragon Warrior is a superb romance packed with engaging characters you'll immediately love.

After a long struggle through time seeking a soul warrior to remove his curse William Killkenny, a big, pushy ninth century nobleman with a beard birds could nest in, is determined to have Maddy.

Divorced from a troublesome man who chases younger women and gives her a gun as a parting gift Maddy hasn’t the time or desire for romance. Her work at the local
Darn. Was really looking forward to reading this book. Unfortunately, it was kinda a dud. I'm disappointed. But, I loved the first Midnight Bay book so will probably give #3 a try and hope for something better.
Marcella
Loved it....it was better then the first one in the series
Paranormal Haven
William a nineteenth century noble man and ex dragon has his hand full. He can't seem to keep his thoughts off of the beautiful stubborn Madeline. As hard as he pushes to get her to let him in she only pushes harder. Winning her over may take more than his knowledge of this century can tell him . So William enlists the help from the residence of the nursing home Madeline works at to help him with a few things, from building his new home to wooing the beautiful Madeline.

After one failed marriage
Jessica Wimberly
Maddy Kimble has no time for a suitor—not with caring for her spunky nursing home patients, her shy nine-year-old daughter, her widowed mother, and her rebellious teenage brother. William Kilkenny’s stunning lack of modern dating protocol doesn’t help. The man is uncouth and outrageous—a towering, drop-dead, breathtakingly hot warrior. Who refuses to give up.

William is secretly a ninth-century Irish nobleman formerly trapped in a dragon’s body. All Maddy knows is that lately, she can hardly resi
Anabelle Bernard Fournier
Why I chose it: Look at the cover, then tell me you wouldn’t choose that book, either. Sure, it’s cheesy, but my, what a hunk. The title doesn’t tell me much, but the photo of a hot guy does. This promises to be steamy.

I found this book a definite improvement over Bang’s honestly ridiculous plot. The setting is real (a tiny rural town in Maine), the main character is certainly deeper, and the plot is more logical.

“Yeah, like I’d expose my sweet, innocent child to Killkenny. He was buck naked wh
May Mostly Romance
Dragon Warrior ของเจเน็ต แชปแมน

หนังสือเล่มนี้ถือเป็นเล่มสองของชุด Midnight Bay แต่ก็เป็นเรื่องที่มีความเกี่ยวข้องกับหนังสือไฮแลนด์เดอร์ซึ่งถือเป็นหนังสือชุดสุดดังของเจเน็ตอีกเช่นกัน โดยเล่มนี้เป็นเรื่องราวของวิลเลียม มังกรหนุ่มจากศตวรรษก่อน (คือแม็กซ์จำปีไม่ได้ แต่น่าจะเกินพันปีก่อน) ที่เดินทางข้ามเวลามายังยุคปัจจุบันเพื่อค้นหาวิธีการที่จะกลายร่างคืนจากการเป็นมังกร กลับเป็นมนุษย์ธรรมดา ซึ่งวิลเลียมก็มาถึงศตวรรษที่ยี่สิบเอ็ด และได้พบกับเคนซี เกรเกอร์ ซึ่งในที่สุดก็สามารถคืนร่างที่แท้จริงให้กับเขา
Tasha
Maddy Kimble wants nothing to do with weird caveman William Killkenny. After a haircut, a shave, and rolling up his sleeves, all that changes for Maddy and she can’t seem to stay away from him.

The two of them begin off with him chasing her, but after she finally agrees to a date with him things change. Everyone tries to get these two together. There was nice chemistry between the two, but at times Maddy does things that doesn’t ring true for someone in her situation.

I didn’t understand how Maddy
Bookaholics
Dragon Warrior by Janet Chapman
Paranormal Romance – Jan. 25th, 2011
4 ½ stars

Dragon Warrior is an entertaining and playful romance with gobs of fascinating characters. I can’t wait to read more books from this wonderful author! Although this is part of a series, it can be easily read by itself.

Maddy Kimble has a good life even if it is a busy and overworked one. With a young daughter, a full time job, and a troublesome ex-husband, she doesn’t have time, let alone any energy for romance! But littl
Jen (Red Hot Books)
I try to make it a point never to jump into the middle of an existing series, but I didn't realize that's what I was doing when I started this book. Our hero, William, is a 9th century Irishman who was once trapped in the body of a dragon. It seems he came forward in time to find a man named Kenzie, who used to be a panther, but somehow could had the power to make William a man again. I say "it seems" because this all happened in Moonlight Warrior, a book I haven't read... and one that clearly s ...more
Erotic Horizon
Last year I reacquainted myself with Janet Chapman’s work through the first in her series Midnight Bay book MOONLIGHT WARRIOR which was not only a great display of her writing style but I was introduced to some fantastic characters that had me adding the second book to my calendar and I spent this weekend catching up on the goings on in Midnight Bay.

When I left Midnight Bay on my first trip through MOONLIGHT WARRIOR, William - a secondary character who had been cursed for more years that I can e
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
I read the first book in this series and found out it was a spin off from another series. I went back and read the other series. NOW it made more sense! The little side character bleep ins made sense and I knew who they were, so it made the book better. A+ on the romance...

It was an enjoyable book, but not perfect. In the last book it ended with the dragon (William) turning back to human coming out of a building as a naked scruffy man walking straight up to the main female(Maddy) in this book an
Scooper Speaks
Favorite Lines: ““Omigod, my underwire worked free and poked you in the eye!” she cried in dismay. Utterly humiliated now, she tried to get up so she could go jump in the ocean and drown herself.” (p. 102)

Dragon Warrior is book two in Janet Chapman’s Midnight Bay series. It’s a satisfying story about an independent single mother and a man who considers himself incapable of love finding their happily ever after. It’s possible to read the story as a stand alone, but the first book, Moonlight Warri
Crystal
It was close... so close... but there were times where the H just was too overbearing. Oh, not the whole jealous angle (though he was that too), other things. LIke the vehicle. He deliberately wrecked the h from the previous book's car because he considered it unsafe and bought the h- this h - an SUV. Ok, what's the point of an SUV if the only time it's driven is to buy groceries? Seriously. I'm currently driving a loaner SUV and frankly would rather drive my minivan (which I hate). It's a gas h ...more
Julie
It's been a while since I've read anything by this author. I really enjoyed her earlier series, Pine Creek Highlanders, of which this newer series of hers is an offshoot. I kind of OD'd on highlanders so I took a break for a while. Here we have in the 2nd installment in the Moonlight Bay series, William's story. William, believe it or not, used to be cursed and was turned into a dragon. The curse was lifted in book 1, and now he's in human form seriously attracted to Maddie who works in a nursin ...more
Marcia Berg Haskell
"The steamy second book in Janet Chapman’s dazzling Midnight Bay series seduces readers with an enticing tale of a fiery independent woman and an irresistible immortal warrior with a dragon’s courageous heart.

Z- SeawitchReviews
Let me start by saying Janet Chapman is one of my favorite authors of those
time traveling Highlanders that I mentioned before that I love and I have been
waiting to get my hands on Dragon Warrior.

Dragon Warrior is the second book in Janet's Moonlight Bay series which was
a spin off series from her Highlanders(yep-more time traveling Highlanders). The
first book was Moonlight Warrior and the third book Mystical Warrior has also released, ooh I canna wait.

I LOVED this story, I had a hard time putting
Kelly
This is the type of book that I just fly through. Not in a bad way, more like I have so much fun reading it that I suddenly find myself at the end. It doesn't lag, it doesn't drag. It just jumps in and gives me sexy romance with plenty of magic and various other paranormal twists. I like it!

Honestly, the book is fluff, but it's fun fluff. William is clueless about modern life but he has this core of nobility that's sweet. He and Maddy spark off one another, despite how hard she's trying to stay
Tonya Warner
William Killkenny is absolutely adorable. A man, who was a dragon, that is now a man on a mission to capture a woman. Ok, a very specific, spitfire of a woman, Maddie Kimble.

Maddie has a boogeyman boyfriend, but William is definitely a caveman that proves to be a very desirable man. Especially when he is all cleaned up and showing off his powerful forearms.

An excellent tale. A great edition to the Midnight Bay series.

Mem
Maddy Kimble is to busy working in a nursing home taking care of her patients, taking care of her daughter, her mother and her teenage brother to have time for any romance. Into the mix drops a ninth-century Irish nobleman, William Kilkenny. That's just the start of goings on. Her cousin is back after years in the military and thinks he's seen a mermaid. There is magic! Looking forward to reading more in this series amount Midnight Bay.
Ann  Lorz
As you can tell it took me a little while to read this book. I want to let you know that it was of no fault of the authors, but of the publishers. The print size and clarity were so bad, that it took me forever to read it, and I could only read it in bright light. Shame on Pocket for allowing something like that to happen. Now on to the story. You meet both Maddy Kimble and William Kilkenny in "Moonlight Warrior". I love both of them. This is a fun read with a lot of heart. Maddy's and William's ...more
Gina
Dragon Warrior by Janet Chapman.

Chapman believes in love at first sight and uses it in almost every book. Except for beagles, I don't believe in it so that kind of bugs me. All the cool magic is kept around the edges of the stories; I would prefer it to be more a part of the stories.

But it's a nice enough, relaxing read for an afternoon or two.
I give 2-2.5 starts.
Mareli
Absolutely delicious. I loved William as a dragon and I loved him as a man.
He fell in love with Maddy from the very first time he saw her and he cannot help himself, he just wanted her.

And her he got! LOL

By the side, I love the banter and the friendships between wizards and highlanders, this series is really wonderful!
Melissa
What to say about William and Maddy? They are a very funny couple that seem to argue their relationship more than enjoy it.
I like how the author uses the elderly in this novel and Maddy's daughter.
Pretty heartwarming with a happy ending. I highly suggest this read.
Kathryn Heaney
Janet Chapman is always entertaining. Madeline and all her patients at the retirement home give lots of opportunities for humour in the story. William, of course is the guy you all want to date - including the retirement ladies. LOL!
Lisa
i love janet chapman's particular breed of guy. Rugged, alpha male, dealing with inner struggle, while also handling the overt outer struggle of attraction. Also her brand of a feisty, strong, modern woman. i love the setting of Maine that she uses as well as her humor. There is always a touch of magic to tie this up with a big red bow.

Dragon Warrior is her latest. I enjoyed it very much! The perfect summer read for the beach chair, under the umbrella, with a nice cold drink. Light reading with
Michelle
William made this book for me. Maddy was a tough heroine to like. She was prickly and overly independent and closed off. I understand why, but her "I can do it myself" persona got old real fast. She was so reluctant to let William help her that she'd rather walk 8 miles home after work than borrow the truck he offered. Ugh. William, though, was fantastic. He was stubborn and funny and sexy and tough. He was protective and so intense when it came to Maddy. Despite not believing he could love, he ...more
  • A Highlander's Destiny (Daughters of the Glen, #5)
  • MacGowan's Ghost
  • One Magic Moment (De Piaget, #13)
  • Darkfire Kiss (Dragonfire, #6)
  • Dark Viking (Viking II, #10)
  • Legend of the Highland Dragon (Highland Dragon, #1)
  • Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Wicked Highlander (Dark Sword, #3)
  • The Dragon Master (Dragon, #3)

Janet Chapman is the author of twenty-two contemporary and magical romance novels, all of which are set in her beautiful state of Maine. She lives in a cozy log home on a beautiful lake with her husband, surrounded by an eclectic assortment of wildlife that she finds both entertaining and inspiring. Probably bes
More about Janet Chapman...
Charming the Highlander (Highlander, #1) Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3) Loving the Highlander (Highlander, #2) Tempting the Highlander (Highlander, #4) Only With a Highlander (Highlander, #5)

“Maddy: "Um.....William?" she said, driving up the narrow dirt road. "Is there a particular reason you keep a sword behind your backseat?"

William: "Because I don't own a gun yet”
20 likes