Start by marking “Curious George's Dinosaur Discovery” as Want to Read:
Curious George's Dinosaur Discovery

Curious George's Dinosaur Discovery (Curious George New Adventures)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  33 reviews

Curious George loves dinosaurs, so he’s excited to visit a dig to look for real dinosaur bones. Will the curious little monkey help make a big discovery?

The paperback edition of this new adventure contains a word jumble as well as finger puppets for children to photocopy, color, and cut out.

nook kids (ebook), 0 pages
Published September 28th 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George's Dinosaur Discovery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George's Dinosaur Discovery

midnightfaerie
Another great story for Curious George. My 5 yr old reads these by himself now and has been actively looking for Curious George because he likes them so much. When I asked why he enjoyed this one so much he said it was because he was a boy, and boys liked dinosaurs. This book has C.G. AND dinosaurs. What could be better than that? Well said. This is probably around a level 1 reading level for beginner readers. Great illustrations as well.
FIVE STARS!!

I thought this story was very creative and cute!

This was very creative way to send a simple message to children. By having Curious George discover the dinosaur bones after spending a lot of time sifting through dirt shows that you can accomplish anything if you don't give up. He spent much of his day working with other adults digging and sifting dirt for dinosaur bones and eventually discovered a dinosaur! This book also shows that museums aren't just educational, but fun as well! Ma
Ben Razer
I liked the book because it was better reading it with Abuela. I liked looking and the pictures more than reading. Looking at the pictures helped me read the words. I like watching Dinosaur movies. I like this Dinosaur book.
Anna
Part of the Kohls' Cares for Kids program.

George goes to a dig site with his friend, the man with the yellow hat. George is not having any luck finding bones until he causes an accident with a wheelbarrow and scampers away when he realizes he is in trouble. On his way up the hill, he starts a rock slide. When the rock slide clears, dinosaur bones are underneath!

Oh that George.

Brought to the boys in December 2013.
Alunafowler
Case:Cardboard yellow Endpages is plain blue which comlements the illustration int he book
This book is a small book and would be liked by a variety of childeren. The book was very diversed by addind featuers and characters of many races. It's funny because george is a monkey who is very curious like many children. He has a white male friend who takes him to visit the dinosaur museum and after that adventure they go to a location to look for bones. The illustartor used saturated colors which evok
Savannah
Curious George always seems to hit on the topic that my boys are crazy about at the moment. Obsessed with dinosaurs is an understatement. It was fun to see that in this story George uncovers a new dinosaur. In fact, they even name it Georgosaurus.
Kelly Tisdale
Loved these books as a kid as well as the shows. This was a fun story to read if you are headed to a museum or if you like dinosaurs. I however wasn't in either of those situations but I also enjoy the funny and silly things George gets into.
Patricia
Curious George is at it again---causing trouble because of the fact that he is so curious. One day, the man with the yellow hat takes George to a fossil dig. When George tries to help, he ends up making a mess of the excavation. While trying to run away, he causes a rock slide that uncovers a never before discovered dinosaur. The new dinosaur is placed in the museum George and the man with the yellow hat frequent. It is named the Georgosaurus. Nice illustrations and a nice story.
Mylksnake Wilson
...Read this to my sister's baby-in-the-womb...(I had picked it up a few years ago at the National Museum of Natural History, where I work, because it referenced a Dinosaur Museum.) Messages I liked: Serendipity sometimes precedes a scientific discovery; and, scientists are mixed in gender and ethnicity. Now, our band of emigrants from West Virginia realize a quest must begin to find enrichment books fit for what will surely be a radical, genius baby :).....The Quest Is On!
Kerrikoala
This was decent. I still think George would be super rich if he got paid for everything he helps out with, but at least he's treated nicely in these newer adventures. And they named his dinosaur discovery after him!
Samantha
The Man in the Yellow Hat is taking George on a trip to the Dinosaur Museum. But this is not just any trip. He surprises George by taking him to a rocky quarry where scientist are searching for read dinosaur bones. After Georges curiosity leads him into mischief he ends up making a hug discovery. George finds dinosaur bones! This book is great to tie into a science lesson. It is also great for sequencing.
Ashley Williams
This would be a great book to read at the beginning of a unit on fossils to 2-3 graders. I believe that it would help to get the student engaged in what they are about to learn. I would bring in different fossils and have the students look at them and see if they are able to identify the animal, rock or thing that made made the fossil. I would also have the students make cast and fossils out of playdoh.
Ali Hembree
This is a great book about George going to a museum and dig up fossils when all of the sudden, the fossils turn into real dinosaurs. I could use this book in a lesson plan to introduce what fossils are and what they used to be. Kids would really engage in this book because like George, children are curious and they explain things in a way that appeases children's curiosity.
Samantha
Curious George is very excited to learn about dinosaurs, and visits a dig cite to help find some real dinosaur bones. After a long day of digging the crew finally digs up a dinosaur!

This book would be useful during a lesson on dinosaurs, and how scientists dig up their bones now to learn more about how they lived when they were alive.
Amanda Harrison
This book is a good way to introduce paleontology to small children and is an enjoyable version of the Curious George series. Curious George is initially frustrated by the amount of time it takes to find dinosaur bones, but eventually finds a whole t-rex skeleton. This would be a good way to teach perseverance to children.
Andre
Am I a horrible person for liking this modern imposter better than the original series? In this adventure George becomes an amateur archeologist and makes an accidental discovery. My 3 year-olds obsession with scary dinosaurs now has a little more context with a story that only shows them as bones in the ground.
Alexandria
Paul
Who does not dig dinosaurs?
Shonda Wilson
The newer Curious George books don't have him causing half as much mayhem as the old ones, but I gave it four starts because it got Aiden's seal of approval because he kept trying to hit/eat the pages.
Kim
I've never been as in love with this little monkey as others have been, but this is a cute enough story. George is taken to a dinosaur bone dig and through a series of mishaps makes a big discovery.
Angela
Personally I am getting a little Curious Georged OUT - Cooper never seems to tire of the monkey and his adventures. And Chief even LOVES Curious George - mommy is outnumbered yet again.
Jan 24, 2012 Samantha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria King
Curious George stories are always so fun, but this one has to be the most fun one yet!!! Dinosaurs make the most fun stories. =)
Elizabeth S
Not only do you learn the standard Curious George lessons, but also a little about dinosaur excavations. Pretty good.
Megan Sutherland
The classic Curious George series about dinosaurs. A good book for children to read that would allow them to predict.
James
It would have been better if there was more time in the dinosaur museum and less time outside dusting and whatnot.
Amy
This is a cute book. I enjoy Curious George more now than when I was a young girl. Isn't that curious...
Meghan
Rylan's words after reading it: "Let's read it again, Mommy!" I think he really liked it.
Skylar Burris
Dinosaurs, dirt, AND a monkey. What's not for a kid to like?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Goldie and the Three Bears
  • Curious George's Opposites
  • Beatrice Doesn't Want To
  • Pretend
  • Pumpkin Eye
  • Goldilicious
  • Somewhere in the World Right Now
  • What If You Had Animal Teeth!?
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • Dog in Boots
  • The Lost Dinosaur Bone (Little Critter)
  • Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
  • Go, Train, Go!
  • Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure
  • Dinner with OLIVIA
  • Night Noises
  • Every Autumn Comes the Bear
  • The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium
  • Curious George and the Dump Truck
  • Curious George Goes Fishing
  • Curious George at the Fire Station
  • Curious George at the Ballet
The Complete Adventures of Curious George Curious George Goes to the Hospital Curious George Visits the Library Curious George Visits the Zoo Curious George Flies a Kite