Dismiss Sorry, that person's shelf is private.

Start by marking “The First Two Years: The Emotional and Physical Needs of Children from Birth to Age 2” as Want to Read:

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
America's favorite pediatrician, Dr. Benjamin Spock has helped two generations of parents raise their kids with his timeless bestseller, Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care. Now, today's parents can rejoice: a new compilation of Dr. Spock's timeless advice is here!
This first-time collection of essays brings together Dr. Spock's insightful writings on connecting with your chi
Published August 1st 2001 by Gallery Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The First Two Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Two Years

Kara
Apr 30, 2016 Kara rated it liked it
We're expecting, and our MIL gifted us this book so that we could see what sort of parenting advice she'd been reading when she raised my husband and his sister.

It was interesting, but I wouldn't recommend it today. Much of the book is science-dependent (which is great), but science in parenting has moved along quite a bit since these essays were originally published.
Chris
Aug 30, 2015 Chris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I first bought this book on my Kindle, I wasn't overly thrilled. I thought I had bought this book because it was similar to Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care. However, if you want to learn a little about your child's physical and emotional needs, be my guest and buy the book. But, I didn't pick it up after I read the introduction and part of the first chapter.
Peter rock
Oct 03, 2008 Peter rock rated it liked it
CHILDREN ARE FORMIDAL OPPONENT THOMAS JAMES MANN IT WILL BE A 15 YEAR AND 17 YEAR WAR IN YOUR CASE AND A LIFE LONG BORDER SKIRMISH WITH MY BABY COUSIN MAGGIE "MAGS" POPHAM
HAVE FGUN WITH ALL THAT I A MASONRY CONSTRUCTION ENGINERR NOT THE MARCH OF DIME GOOD LUCK GOD SPEED AND I LOVE YA WELCOME TO TYHE FAMILY CLAN MANN HOUSE OF MANN WELCOME TO CLAN CAMPBELL
-PETER ROCK "SILENT PETE" TREACY CAMPBELL
Lujain Jallad
Lujain Jallad is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2016
Dee Kay
Dee Kay marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Khulood Kaladari
Khulood Kaladari marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Fatma Burshaid
Fatma Burshaid marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Liz Luna
Liz Luna is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2016
Samuel
Samuel marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Eva Hyatt
Eva Hyatt rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Phạm Hoa
Phạm Hoa marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Reem
Reem marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Enver Hoxha
Enver Hoxha marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Amardeep Singh
Amardeep Singh marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Anca
Anca rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2015
Netra
Netra marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Firas Enayeh
Firas Enayeh marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Avi
Avi rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2015
Regina
Regina rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Nataly Navrotska
Nataly Navrotska marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Kenneth Oehlers
Kenneth Oehlers rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Wejdan Alzaben
Wejdan Alzaben marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Ashley Hancock
Ashley Hancock marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Rajesh Jesudasan
Rajesh Jesudasan marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Ida Mya
Ida Mya rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Yen Truong
Yen Truong rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Alpa
Alpa marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Benjamin McLane Spock was an American pediatrician whose book Baby and Child Care, published in 1946, is one of the biggest best-sellers of all time. Its revolutionary message to mothers was that "you know more than you think you do." Spock was the first pediatrician to study psychoanalysis to try to understand children's needs and family dynamics.
More about Benjamin Spock...