Start by marking “Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple” as Want to Read:
Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple

Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple

(Currently in 2004 revised printing) A brief, clear, thorough, and highly enjoyable approach to clinical microbiology, brimming with mnemonics, humor, summary charts and illustrations, from AIDS to "flesh-eating bacteria" to ebola, mad cow disease, hantavirus, anthrax, smallpox, botulism, etc. Excellent Board review.
Published January 1st 2003 by Medmaster (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple

Nov 07, 2011 Katelynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The images from this book are making my micro class ridiculously easier to study for.
Michael David
Jan 05, 2014 Michael David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: board-review
I'd like to think of myself as a student of literature first, then a doctor of medicine second. As much as I have tried to love medicine, one can't force passion on a person, so I've had a wary respect towards it during my four years of medical school. With the boards looming in the distance, however, I think I'm more scared of failure than of distaste, so I try to read up as much as I can. Even if I don't love it, I feel and think that I should give my best in its learning and practice: people' ...more
Kasey Kraft
Apr 27, 2013 Kasey Kraft rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It seems lame that I'm adding this to my list of books that I loved in my personal life, but this book is AWESOME. Like someone else said, it made me want to me an ID doc. It is just so perfectly organized. After reading a section, I instantly feel like I have a great grasp on the material. This is probably the only review book that I've ever read cover-to-cover (and I actually enjoyed it to boot). I would recommend this to other med students with no hesitation.
Feb 23, 2008 Avinash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Avinash by: Friend
Helped me get through Micro. Wonderful book if anyone is looking to learn about the bugs that make us sick. Also has some funny jokes and mneumonics that really help you remember the material. For example, "E. coli holds hands with Vibrio and Shigella." This illustrates the fact that these 3 bugs are similar in structure as well as function. It's a must read (ha! ha!)!
Mohammad Kharraz
Studying micro, this was the perfect icebreaker. The writers did a good job making micro fun and reading through his book was very easy. It felt as if the writers were chatting with you. They throw in some silly drawings and some jokes that make it fun to read. Also, the book was very clinically oriented.
Jan 23, 2009 Travis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hey, I loved this book, and it made me want to go into infectious diseases.
But I didn't. But it sure made the subject accessible.
And it didn't hurt that our professors warned us not to read it.
Shonazee Somani
May 24, 2015 Shonazee Somani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ONLY textbook I enjoy reading. It's just that ridiculously simple :)
Jan 20, 2009 Faisal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very simple book..learned a lot things in a funny way
Bhader Sher
Jan 31, 2016 Bhader Sher marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Peter Maina
Oct 09, 2011 Peter Maina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Its really nice.
Aug 24, 2007 Todd rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: medstudents or...
Shelves: medical
This is a great book for 1st and 2nd year medstudents who want to get a grip on bugs and drugs. The explanations are pretty simple and straightforward, the illustrations are masterfully contrived to help you remember the oddest things, and the organization is well done.

My only beefs with the book are that
1. the data on antibiotics especially begins to become antiquated as time goes on (maybe there's a newer edition that I don't know about...)
2. it's just not in-depth enough. If you turn to this
May 20, 2014 Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great pre-read book!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stress enough to buy it. Med bact is an information overload class. If you have read this PRIOR, you will know what your teacher finds as key points. When I went into my doctor's office reading this book, she saw that back and said, "I don't even need to see that front of the cover, everyone in med school has read that book." I read it during class and I had wished I read it BEFORE CLASS! I feel like my teacher test way more on the molecular stuf ...more
Tatsuki Abe
Jan 24, 2016 Tatsuki Abe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will make this simple - I would have failed my microbiology if not for this book.

This is because the entrance to understanding Microbiology is a tough one to find.
It is a difficult subject to fall in love at first sight. This book held my trembling hand, and lead me to the correct passageway of getting to know the microbes and how to make friends with them (not quite literally but anyway)

I would recommend it to everyone who has just sat for their first microbiology lecture and thought "how in
Klavy Usheva
Nov 24, 2014 Klavy Usheva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first and probably the last time I will ever enjoy reading a textbook It made the studying not only tolerable, but actually enjoyable!!
Easy to ready book on a pretty dry subject matter. great little tricks and ways to help remember all the material.
Reading a little every night
The book is easy to read, very useful and you get out of it understanding and memorizing the information, highly recommended!
Aug 03, 2013 Fatima rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book makes understanding of microbiology really easy & funny in a way never get enough & still want to read more & more , but there are some topics which were not clear enough
Aurel Mihai
May 12, 2016 Aurel Mihai rated it it was ok
Shelves: medicine
Marginally better than the average medical textbook, this is still about as exciting as reading your local phone directory.
Yasser rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
Nick rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2012
Hassan rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2015
Jenny Blumberg
Jenny Blumberg rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Medo rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2014
Brittany rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
ジェイソン ウイラ
ジェイソン ウイラ rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2015
Tabtab rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2008
Stacy Mccormack
Stacy Mccormack rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
Bill N
Bill N rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2009
Kc rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2008
Justin rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2009
  • Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
  • Physiology (Board Review Series)
  • First Aid for the USMLE Step 1: A Student-To-Student Guide