Start by marking “Manage Your Time to Reduce Your Stress” as Want to Read:
Manage Your Time to Reduce Your Stress

Manage Your Time to Reduce Your Stress

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  17 reviews
How often do you think to yourself "So much to do and so little time"? Rita Emmett can not give you more minutes in an hour or more hours in a day, but she does offer help with the "so much to do" part. The key is not time management but "stuff" management--all those things to do, people to see, commitments and obligations to fulfill. And mismanaging all that to-do stuff i...more
Published July 1st 2009 by Walker Books Ltd (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Manage Your Time to Reduce Your Stress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manage Your Time to Reduce Your Stress

Judy Hall
I loved the author's delivery. It felt like she was speaking right to you. Like all good books like this, she actually didn't have that much new to say. But that's not a bad thing. We all need to be reminded to stay mindful. We let life get in the way.

Don't ever read books like this thinking you are going to find some new, never before heard of technique. There isn't one. There is just life. And life is work. Even when you're not working. There is just always so much going on. It's not a bad th...more
Viraj
I listened to an audiobook read by the author and joined her weekly mailing list.
Few really good things are listed in this. Some examples:

* you are the best person to take care of yourself. If you still like taking care of others more, think about this: You end up taking care of others' things but you don't remain in a good shape (mentally / physically (read workouts)), then others are not going to have you to take care of them / their things when they need. Put yourself first.
* don't sign up...more
Jim Johnson
This book was very annoying and useless. I don't the author has the first clue about manage stress or what success really is.
Helen Walsh
Interesting read. I learned, therefore, I liked.
Laura Jean
I listened to the audio book, which is narrated by the author. She has an interesting voice and is certainly enthusiastic.

This book does have some good ideas---none of them earth shattering---but they are helpful. I found the chapter on boundary setting especially useful. Also---I'll be following the the recommendation at the end to physically write down an action plan. Soon. I listen to audio books as I'm driving, so.....I have to make a special effort to sit down and listen and write.

Natalie
There was a lot of good information here. However, I think it made it hard to just be listening to the audiobook. There were so many lists of steps in every chapter that it was hard to keep up on. My favorite chapter was on things you can do to gain energy. I do believe the book changed my thoughts a little but I don't know if it moved me to new actions. It was a good book though with a lot of good stories and quotes. I think I'll look for the hard copy and see if that helps.
Keith Sorensen
Lots of great advice, but the real value will be in the implementation. Nothing earth-shattering or groundbreaking, but it's all solid, "rings true to me" advice for having a happier, less stressful life. This seems to me to be the kind of book that you could pick up, read any page and think, "Yeah, this. THIS I'll focus on for today," and it would make that day better.
LitProfSue
Mostly things I know to do, but don't remember to do. It was a nice reminder and was time efficient as I was listening to the audio-book in the car. I don't think it would radically change anyone's life, but there are a few good tips and the reader was pleasant enough to be enjoyable.
Mary
I skimmed this in an effort to help me determine a couple of things to change in the way I'm approaching my life. It's decent for that--- empathetically written, easy to glean helpful information--- actually challenged me in some areas more than I meant for it to.
Kelsey Jones
Loved this book, I read it in audio book form. A lot of points have stuck with me and have really helped with my anxiety and perfectionist tendencies. Would definitely recommend!
Margaret
Some useful tips and thought provoking statements. Probably would have been more effective had I read the book and not listened to it. I might give the hard copy a try.
Sonya
This was one of worst books I have read lately. Find something else. I only read it because I was snowed in over the weekend!
Laura Gilfillan
This book was inspiring and thought-provoking. Worth a second listen some time.
Cameron
Some useful tips in a short read; it's exactly what it needs to be.
Rachel
I am reading this for a second time.
Angela Flowers
Some good tips for time/stress mgmt
Alexis
Yeah, okay, whatever.
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Chor Sovannarith
Chor Sovannarith marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Tjo
Tjo marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Martina
Martina marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Jazz
Jazz marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Marcie Lovett
Marcie Lovett marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Khalil
Khalil is currently reading it
Feb 06, 2014
Skye
Skye marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Procrastinator's Handbook: Mastering the Art of Doing It Now The Clutter-Busting Handbook: Clean It Up, Clear It Out, And Keep Your Life Clutter-free The Clutter-Busting Handbook Procrastinating Child Gens qui remettent tout demain