Start by marking “Big Book of Girl Stuff” as Want to Read:
Big Book of Girl Stuff

Big Book of Girl Stuff

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  336 ratings  ·  69 reviews
The Big Book of Girl Stuff shares everything a girl needs to know-from sleepovers to diaries to makeup to boys to shopping, and everything in between! It's the ultimate guide to unlocking the delightful mysteries of being a girl. Dozens of girls, young women, teachers, and mothers collaborated on this book to make it the most comprehensive guide to being a girl that has ev...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Turtleback Books

To ask other readers questions about Big Book of Girl Stuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Book of Girl Stuff

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Any young man who can manage to grow up (alive) and retain (most) of their sanity surrounded by five sisters automatically gains my respect. When that young man grows up to be Bart King, author of THE BIG BOOK OF GIRL STUFF, who uses the wisdom, never-ending frustration, and survival instincts honed while growing up with said five sisters, my respect turns to genuine admiration.

Like its predecessor, THE BIG BOOK OF BOY STUFF, this book is filled to the brim wi...more
Georgia
I loved this book! I swear I have read every single word in it and acquired the most useful and life saving knowledge a girl can possess. This includes learning how to babysit, deal with annoying siblings, hide a bad haircut, have correct etiquette, politely refuse a boy's invitation to dance, apply make up correctly, throw the best slumber party of the century and much, much more. Definitely a must have for every girl on this planet!
Alshaimaa
كتاب رااائع جداً.
يقدم للفتيات مواضيع متنوعة تهمهم، وأساليب التعامل مع المشكلات المختلفة، حتى أصغر التفاصيل.
هناك بعض مواضيعه لاتخص الثقافة الغربية، بل فيه من العمومية مايناسب أكثر من ثقافة،حتى أنه تحدث عن السلام عند العرب
فكرة الغلاف جداً رائعة، يمكنك إزالة الغلاف ليتحول الكتاب لدفتر علوم (كيمياء)لكي لايطّلع أو ينتبه أي شخص لهذا الدفتر.
نحتاج لمثل هذا الكتاب لفتياتنا.
شكراً لك رفاه لتعريفي بهذا الكتاب.
Audrey
Oh my goodness, this book is the best! I go to it for advice, when I am bored, or when I want so "me" or "girl" time. I absolutely love the whole thing, my copy is so worn out and I lost the real cover to it so long ago, I cant even remember. I cant even remember when I got it! It looks like I have had it for 13 years!
haha... love the book and HIGHLY reccomended for all pre teen through teenage girls.
Katrina
I. Loved. This. Book. I obtained so much information from here; and the fact that a man wrote the book not knowing much about the girl's mind makes me love this book even more. I discovered so many random facts. I believe everyone should know when it is National Destroy All Video Games Day.(September 12) Oh, and one more thing: Loofa!
Annemarie
Jun 26, 2008 Annemarie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, especially boys
Recommended to Annemarie by: Jill S
Fun book to read! I read it from cover to cover, but just skipped around from here to there. It's fun to see what variety of topics they talk about. Would be a fun gift to give to anybody. This is actually sitting in my car so if I ever need a book to read while waiting I can just grab it to read. Easy read.
Kat
Oct 02, 2008 Kat rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tweens
Recommended to Kat by: Dizzy
This book is uber duber hularious! a must read for tweens. filed with chapters on: babysiting, names, slepovers, fun things to do, handwriting, friends, animals/pets!

Truly taking funnieness to a new level.

(Comes with funny drawings and cartoons)
Elizabeth Whalen
I love this book! It's great just to be able to pick it up and read a short section and still laugh out loud! It's great for car trips, especially people who if they read for to long in the car they get sick.
Clarence :P
i love this book soooo much. Whenever I don't have anything to read I pull it out and get pulled into the hilarious writing of Bart King (and his five sisters) : D
أروى
Mar 28, 2008 أروى rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: سلافة
Shelves: children-books
تمنيت لو أن لدينا كتاباً مثل هذا بالعربية

يناقش كل ما يخص الفتيات بطريقة ممتعة
Allyce
i read it when i was nine! it still counts!!!!!!!!
αℓyssα
i read it... it was interseting! i guess!!
Nikka Hampton
LUV THIS BOOK.....NO BOYS ALLOWED LOL
Leighcool
it helps girls my age a whole bunch!
Loulie Rossmassler
its really good but really stereotypical.
i love this book it has so many cool facts!
Inspired Kathy
I received copies of The Big Book of Boys Stuff and The Big Book of Girls Stuff by Bart King from publisher Gibbs-Smith to review. My 8 year old son reviewed The Big Book of Boys Stuff so to be fair I'm allowing my 10 year old daughter to review The Big Book of Girl Stuff.
Here is her review: http://iamareadernotawriter.blogspot....
Nicole Labresh
I must've read this book back in middle school (I'm in college now). At that point, it was sheer genius. In retrospect, I still believe it was sheer genius. This book helped shape me as I was growing up, and now looking back as a feminist, I really think this is something every girl should read. I really need to dig this book back out and better reacquaint myself with it.
Sydney
Jun 22, 2011 Sydney rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Girl.
I love this book! It has EVERYTHING in this book. I just bought it today, (June 13, 2011) and I am not even halfway through. (I have the eBook, but the cover is the same.) They have Babysitting Tips, stuff on boys, Manners, Fashion, Family, Friends, Makeup, how to highlight your hair, and even stuff on growing up, (But that isn't the fun part! lol) My favorite book. EVER!!
Ashley
Feb 21, 2009 Ashley rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Evey girl who has any personalitly
Recommended to Ashley by: Girl Fest
I love this book! So many random little facts that are completely useless, but funny! I used to be in girl scouts and when we went to girl fest (hate it) Bart king and some of his sisters were there sighing books! It was so cool! My mom also bought The Big Book Of Boy Stuff for my brother. I never read the book cover to cover, but you really don't have to.
Grace
This book helped me survived my childhood. Growing up this thing was my bible and a source of entertainment. I think all little girls should own this book. I used to bring it to school and my friends and I would spend our recess laughing at the pages. :) one of my favorite books. Still own it although it is falling apart :)
Riley
This is honestly the most random but also the best book I have crossed paths with. It has a bunch of random info that is fun for girls to read. It even has a list of holidays, such as Vinegar Day(which my cousin celebrated), and Bubble Wrap Aprrieciation Day. There is also one for boys. GET THIS!!!
Annabelle
The book of my childhood. This is a compilation that has taken me places and taught me thing in the true style of a girlfriend, sister, or mother. I've flipped through its pages hundreds of times, and now I've even given it to one of the girl's in my life.
Chloe Allen
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I looooove this book my little nine yr old cousin got it for me on christmas, and I honestly say THANK YOU!!!! The part where talks about the soda companies trying to translate the stuff cracks me up. So does the warning lables
Samantha snyder
It was OK. The one thing i really like is that they don't make it all girl y girl stuff. This book takes forever to read. If your not a girl ( YOU can be a TOMBOY too to read this) I would recommend this book if you really like reading.
Megan [I'm okay, I'm alright]
This book is actually super interesting. I've never read it cover-to-cover and I haven't looked at it in years, but it has tons of interesting and useful information in it. I'm pretty sure.
Michele
My dd read this and she loves this book ... good for a slumber party. It is funny, goofy, interesting facts and history. complete with quotes from famous women!
♥Meaty♥
This book is basically a book that tells girls how to live their life, so it you are a girl and want to know how to live your life, then this is the book for you!!
Julia
omg, i love this book! It is in my desk at school. everyone thinks im reading Chemestry because if u take off the book cover, it says "chemestry" its AWESOME!
Ashlyn
This book was awesome! I learned a lot...Funny, but it's true. You should totally read this if you're a girl!!! I would give this 10 stars if I could!
Anna
I bought this book for my oldest daughter because my son loved his "Big Book of Boy Stuff" so much. She constantly has it out and is looking up silly things.
This book is sooooo handy 7 16 Nov 16, 2013 06:21PM
  • Girl Stuff: Your Full On Guide To The Teen Years
  • The Girls' Book Of Glamour: A Guide To Being A Goddess (Buster Books)
  • How To Be The Best At Everything (The Girls' Book)
  • A Dance of Sisters
  • Maggie and Max (The Puppy Place, #10)
  • Wizard or Witch? (The Secrets of Droon: Special Edition #2)
  • Never Mind!: A Twin Novel
  • The Encylopedia of Immaturity
  • Cat Running
  • Deception
  • Hamster in the Holly (Animal Ark, #35)
  • The Double-Daring Book for Girls
  • Karma Bites
  • Survivors
  • Da Wild, Da Crazy, Da Vinci (Time Warp Trio #14)
  • The Truth about Poop
  • Panda Kindergarten
  • Finding Rose
I write funny books for kids and immature adults. My new title is THE BIG BOOK OF SUPERHEROES. It's a humorous guide to becoming a superhero—and then dealing with it!

In addition to being a middle school teacher for 15 years, I'm also the perpetrator of THE BIG BOOK OF BOY STUFF, which was Amazon.com's bestselling children's book for a whole day.

Along with my five sisters and 50 teen and 'tween gi...more
More about Bart King...
The Big Book of Boy Stuff The Big Book of Spy Stuff The Pocket Guide to Mischief Big Book of Gross Stuff, The Architectural Guidebook to Portland, An

“We spend the first 12 months of our children’s lives teaching them to walk and talk, and the next 12 months telling them to sit down and be quiet.” —Phyllis Diller” 0 likes