Start by marking “A Killing Rain (Louis Kincaid, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Killing Rain (Louis Kincaid, #6)

A Killing Rain (Louis Kincaid #6)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  337 ratings  ·  33 reviews
A deep freeze is bearing down on the Florida Everglades, the kind of brutal storm the locals call a killing rain. For Detective Louis Kincaid, the coldest night of the year has brought a terrifying new chill- a grisly discovery that tightens his every nerve in warning........

The body proves this is no routine case. It's the start of a nightmare. & When the killer choos
Mass Market Paperback, 383 pages
Published February 1st 2005 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about A Killing Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Killing Rain

And Then There Were None by Agatha ChristieCoyote in Provence by Dianne HarmanMurder on the Orient Express by Agatha ChristieCoyote in Provence by Dianne HarmanThe Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
Mystery
246th out of 256 books — 239 voters

More lists with this book...

Susan
This is another in the excellent series featuring detective Louis Kincaid. This time the ex-husband of Louis' current girlfriend snatches their son and Louis goes after him. Generally, I avoid books around stolen children. They are cheap as plot devices and way too predictable. But, Parrish avoids everything obvious and turns out an excellent story - once again. I am a little concerned, however, since their (P.J. is actually two sisters) website has been shut down. I hope they are busy writing i ...more
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
A KILLING RAIN was the first book I read by this duo author. It is the 6th installement in a series. Although I have not read any of the previous books, I was still able to get into the storyline very quickly! It was fast paced- action from beginning to end. I found Louis to be a very likeable character and I look forward to reading more of his story and his previous and next cases to come. Excellent read!!
Cheryl
Another great novel by the dynamic duo!

I love these Louis Kincaid mystery novels. Each book brings an enormous level of suspense without being unbelievable and the crime scenes that are investigated are done with professionalism without being over the top and sensationalized. The events that occur in these mysteries are developed carefully and the writing style is so cohesive I was surprised that they are written by two people. Between the crimes themselves and the characters involved are seamle
Naomi
PJ Parrish is just good readin'...There has not been one of the sisters books that I have not given a minimum of 4 stars to I believe. The Louis Kincaid character is one that a reader can easily buddy up to and looks forward to getting to know more and more!
Jenn
I know I'm reading these out of order, but they aren't easy to get my hands on. I was glad I read this one though. It explains where Joe comes from in the other one I read. And it explains more about Louis's aloofness, his loneliness. An excellent series.
Rusty
The characters are all pretty stereotypical, and don't show much growth. And the plot isn't brilliant. But the pacing is very impressive. Tense, taut, tightly written.
Kay
Even though this one is classified as a mystery I think of it as a suspense or thriller. It was the usual great book written by Parrish.
Marianne
Good character Louis Kincaid. Well drawn. Complicated and real.
Linda
Getting better and better. On to the next one.
Judy
I love P.J. Parrish's books. I realized that I had read this one quite awhile ago but it was good to be reacquainted with Louis and Joe's romance from the beginning. The author is good at painting a side of Florida that the average person never sees. I will admit that the dreariness of the weather in the background made me too depressed to keep reading a couple of nights ago. A good read for a wet and rainy spring.
Susan Moore
Very good mystery!

I enjoyed this very much. Great character development, as well as a great story. It's a stand alone book in what I would guess to be a series (from the title). I liked the main character but I wish his feelings weren't so conflicted. I felt like shouting at him to "make up your mind"! Good wring and editing.
D R
I am reading a book by Parrish for the first time. While, the style of narration seemed 'stretched out' at several places, the contrived plot did come through fairly well. Given the opportunity, I wouldn't hesitate to read his other books.
Doddie Mcnair
A Killing Rain

I enjoyed this book, I feel in love with Louis Kinkaid, he is everybody's hero. The story line was amazing, the characters came alive. I can't wait to read the next one in this series.
Jaime Huff
I am going backwards on the Louis Kincaid series. The publisher sent me South of Hell and the Little Death to read. Loved them. Went to half priced books to find earlier books. Found this one. I enjoyed it but I definitely liked the later books better. I definitely need to get to book 1 & read onwards. I like this is when Joe Frye enters Louis' life. I would have liked a bit more Mel. Susan was a bit... hmmm, melodramatic and Wainsworth was a douche. The pace was nice and fast and the killer ...more
Joe Vitucci
enjoyed the book,but not as much as some of his other work.
Dawn
Solid writing. I'll definitely be reading more of this series.
Toni Kania
My penchant for mysteries in a series with women protagonists is "legendary," but I also have a penchant for ones with noir male protagonists of which this is one. It all began with Larry Block, Steven Greenleaf, and, of course, John D. MacDonald, among others, lo many years ago, but continues to this day with the likes of Archer Mayor, Steve Hamilton, Reed Farrell Coleman, Paul Doiran, Steve Ulfelder and now PJ Parrish. The definition of noir here is my own. Not all would necessarily agree...
Robin Ferguson
Getting to know P.J. Parrish a bit more.
Sezin Koehler
Not my favourite of Parrish's books thus far, but the underlying story of human trafficking and worse hit home in many ways, especially considering the screenplay I wrote earlier this year was about the trafficking of women, albeit in Europe not the USA.

If you are into this Louis Kincaid series, then you certainly can't pass this one over. :-)
Kathy  Petersen
Another complex and fast-paced adventure with the introspective and ever uncertain Kincaid, here on a race to find the kidnapped son of a potential lover. (I was into this before the kidnapping: I generally avoid threats to children, but A Killing Rain was worth the risk.
Sarah Bacchus
I met this guy :D at a mystery fiction panel at my school he's friends with Christine Kling another mystery fiction author who taught my class. It was super rad.
This book in the series was disturbing to say the least. I don't believe this is one of the better books in the series.
Joyceling
Pretty nasty story, but good addition to the series. I like the Collier County and Fakahatchee venues.
Mary Pat
Like this Louis Kincaid series because of its setting on Captiva Island, a favorite place to visit.
Lucie
I think I've found a new favorite author to add to my list of favorites!
Elvis
Full of suspense and intrigue and it keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Mel
Life is too short to read lousy books. No stars if there was such a rating.
Pamela Little
Not bad for a murder mystery set in south Florida
Yat Wai
I feel lucky to come across with this book
  • Blind Justice
  • Sidetracked
  • Double Vision
  • The Roswell Conspiracy (Tyler Locke, #3)
  • The Last Plea Bargain
  • Picking Lemons
  • A Deadly Business (Mia Quinn, #2)
  • Past Suspicion
  • Marked Man (Victor Carl, #6)
  • Defiance (Navy Justice #3)
  • Dead Running
  • The Bee Balm Murders (Martha's Vineyard Mystery, #10)
  • Deposit Slip, The
  • Third Strike (Brady Coyne, #26)(Brady Coyne/J.W. Jackson #3)
  • Fatal Transaction
  • Chasing the Ghost: 1
  • Dying Breath
  • Heart of Ice (Emily Kenyon, #2)
Media Biography:

P.J. Parrish (sisters Kelly Nichols and Kris Montee) is author of the critically acclaimed and New York Times bestselling Louis Kincaid series. Their books have been Edgar, Shamus, Thriller and Anthony award finalists. ISLAND OF BONES was named a top book of 2004 by Publishers Weekly and Oline Cogdill. AN UNQUIET GRAVE was named a Michigan Notable Book for 2006. Their latest, A THO
More about P.J. Parrish...
A Thousand Bones (Louis Kincaid, #8) Dead Of Winter (Louis Kincaid, #2) Dark Of The Moon (Louis Kincaid, #1) An Unquiet Grave (Louis Kincaid, #7) Island Of Bones (Louis Kincaid, #5)