Start by marking “The Legend of Zoey” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Legend of Zoey

Candie Moonshower

The Legend of Zoey

Zoey's family has a strange feeling about the two-tailed comet in the sky. But that doesn’t mean Zoey will let them chaperone her class field trip to Reelfoot Lake, Tennessee—especially since Grandma Cope grew up near there. What if Grandma tells everyone about being a Native American? Zoey has no interest in her family’s past. All she wants is for her parents to get back ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Zoey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of Zoey

Tabatha
Sep 02, 2007 Tabatha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to be honest and say that I know the author, but this book is wonderful for a young adult reader. Not long after I gave it to my 14-year-old niece as a gift, my sister called to inform me I could no longer send books to her daughter. She caught her up at 1 a.m. on a school night, unable to put down this book until she finished it. Seriously, doesn't she owe me a dozen roses?
Ashley Pasco
Nov 19, 2014 Ashley Pasco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a great read! I enjoyed every moment of this book. I actually just re-read it a month ago and it felt almost like reading it for the first time. Moonshower put together an excellent book. I'm always fascinated with time travel history. So, this book was a must for me. The Legend of Zoey will interest kids and teens alike. Not only does the main character Zoey get to travel to the past, but she also has to face obstacles after getting there. She also wishes she'd paid just a bit mor ...more
Jnase1
Jul 01, 2015 Jnase1 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read, this book is a combo of historical fiction and sci fi. The story is both innocent and exciting as it describes the earthquakes of 1811-1212 that created what is now known as Reelfoot lake. But perhaps what I like most about this book is the theme of accepting and embracing your family heritage. I think students of many different backgrounds would enjoy this book because of that theme alone.
Deborah
Zoey's grandmother is half Choctaw and Chickasaw, both tribes with history in Tennessee. But Zoey doesn't have much pride in her heritage until she takes a field trip to Reelfoot Lake, TN and finds she has played a major part in her family's destiny. The author use historical events, including the earthquakes of 1811 and 1812 as the center point for this story.

Middle grades.
Lisa Albert
Mar 16, 2011 Lisa Albert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zoey and Pru are great characters and their meet up in this time-travel story makes for excellent contemporary AND historical fiction fun! The author's writing and skill in handling the storyline is apparent!
Ann
Jun 03, 2009 Ann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: at-school
It took a while for me to get interested in the book. I really enjoyed reading it after page 53. There are so many Tennessee references that I think my students would like it because of the familiarity.
Patricia
Mar 19, 2008 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zoey is a strong-willed character who goes back in time to help her ancestors survive the most destructive earthquake in US history.
Shelby
Jun 28, 2009 Shelby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow. this book was absoulutly wonderful! i want to read it again but i cannot find it any were! i wonder why it isnt so popular. this book will remain in your head.
Heather Clemons-Porter
Was so contrived it hurt. History behind it was fascinating though.
Jennifer Stanford
Jennifer Stanford rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2016
Faryn
Faryn rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2009
Dotti Enderle
Dotti Enderle rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Jake
Jake rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Lee
Lee rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2009
M'Kenzy
M'Kenzy rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2009
Emmy
Emmy rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2009
Steel
Steel rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2013
Alice
Alice rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2009
Alicia Richardson
Alicia Richardson rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Sophia
Sophia rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2009
Jana
Jana rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2010
Darren L.
Darren L. rated it did not like it
Sep 27, 2007
Nancy J.
Nancy J. rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2009
Ella Legreid
Ella Legreid rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Langdon
Langdon rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Alexis
Alexis rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Sarah Crawford
Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2010
Niki
Niki rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2010
Cassandra Corrigan
Cassandra Corrigan rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2014