Start by marking “Fleece Navidad (A Knitting Mystery, # 6)” as Want to Read:
Fleece Navidad (A Knitting Mystery, # 6)

Fleece Navidad (A Knitting Mystery #6)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  1,384 ratings  ·  126 reviews
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas for the knitters of Fort Connor, Colorado, who are furiously working on their holiday projects. Juliet, the town's "little brown wren" librarian, is known for her beautiful handmade Christmas capes, and she has extra reason to be joyful this year—she's in love. But as soon as she finds happiness, death finds her.

Suspicion falls o
Published September 1st 2008 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Fleece Navidad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fleece Navidad

Margarita
I've read and enjoyed this whole series until this one. What a clunker! There has been no growth in these stilted one-dimensional characters. The dialog is so generic and impersonal. What irritated me the most, though, was Kelly and Burt's (who is a retired police officer) "advice" to a character accused of car theft. They tell her that she will have to prove her innocence! Even the most basic civics lesson should clarify this crazyness. It will be tough for me to keep going with this series, wh ...more
Jennifer Hodges Young
In this Sefton's 6th entry of this series Kelly must help a newcomer in town prove that she did not kill the town librian. Cluadia is a totally unlikable charector and you wish she had done the deed. Her step daughter is even more shrill and crazy. I did not enjoy this book as much as the previous ones the mystery was to obvious, the newcomers to unlikable and the main charectors stuck in the same place they were in the last book
Linda
A lot of things bothered me about this book. If I recall, the last book Kelly and Burt didn't believe in coincidences, yet this lady breezes into their lives with three dead husbands all dying in questionable ways, she doesn't seem to be upset about any of them and moves into their town on the prowl for husband number four and they all just can't imagine her doing any wrong. That person would be the first one I would come up as a suspect.
And this is minor but drove me a bit nuts. Steve has lived
Another fun and fast read. Once again - "who done it" was clear well before the end and I found myself telling the main character to put the clues together a little faster, but I still found it to be a really enjoyable read. A TON of recipies in the back of this one too. YUM!
Cathy Hannigan
I've read # 7 ~ don't remember this one
Loraine
SUMMARY: This Yuletide, Kelly Flynn and friends are helping the town's librarian, Juliet, teach children how to knit. Juliet has fallen in love-but just as she finds happiness, death finds her, facedown in her Christmas cape. Suspicion falls on a newcomer, a widow with a puzzling past, who-some believe-was sweet on Juliet's boyfriend. But Kelly and her knitting crew aren't convinced. It's up to them to find a killer- before someone else gets fleeced.

I enjoyed this cozy mystery and the group of c
Patricia
Amateur sleuth Kelly Flynn gets a chance to put her detective skills to work in this mystery novel, which is part of a series. Kelly and her friends are very busy in the weeks before Christmas, trying to finish the hats, gloves and mittens they are knitting for the holiday bazaar. The women meet at the House of Lambspun, a yarn shop in Fort Connor, Colorado. The circle of knitters is enlivened when Claudia Miller, a thrice-widowed woman from Florida, joins the group. Soon another stranger shows ...more
Min
This is the sixth book in the Knitting Mystery book series, which I have really enjoyed. This series is set around Kelly Flynn and her friends and the local yarn shop, House of Lambspun.

In this instalment, Juliet, one of the knitters, is dating a local professor and is quite excited about how the romance is progressing. However, the romance is derailed when Claudia sweeps into town, leaving a trail of dead husbands in her wake. Of course, there's a (mostly) plausible explanation for each husband
Alice Janell
Cozy mysteries -- mysteries usually featuring a woman who is an amateur slueth -- are usually fun reads; they're the perfect books for curling up on the couch with on a lazy weekend.

Maggie Sefton's knitting mysteries series is no different. As an avid knitter, I've always loved this series. They're a bit campy, but very entertaining to read. It doesn't hurt that Sefton includes free knitting patterns and recipes in the back of her books.

I've been sitting on "Fleece Navidad", the sixth in her kni
Donna
I really disliked the last novel, but decided to give this series one last chance. I'm still not sure how such a short, quick read can be so tedious.

The mystery side of the story was painfully predictable from the start, even before Sefton began dropping the obvious clues. Kelly and her friends were mostly removed from the action this time, probably because of Kelly's previous promise to stop "sleuthing." That decision may have made the book a bit more realistic, but it also made it less interes
Marion Hogervorst
Julie Goucher
I usually hate reading books out of order, but I bought books 5 and 7 of the series together and missed this one as Amazon UK were out of stock. I then couldn't wait to read book 7! It has been a tough Winter here and I was keen to have some relaxing escapism reading, and I wasn't disappointed.

Kelly and Steve are now living together in the cottage that was originally the home of her Aunt and Uncle. As usual, the storyline weaves itself around the local knitting and yarn store and there are two n
Erika
The author seems to be improving as murders now feature in the plots but aren't the main source of drama. The sleuthing and clues are.

My gripes: Please don't tell me that I'm going to have to hear about Kelly and Steve having sex every few pages in every book? 2. I'm really tired of the sexist characterization of any woman who has "too much sex" as being a hazard to herself. What an outdated and sexist idea.

Aside from that, it was enjoyable, though it was easy to discover the killer with a littl
Lise
Nicole
I'm not sure why I read after the first book; I guess I was hoping the writing would get better. Unfortunately, it didn't and I found myself skipping paragraphs. The first thing that bothers me is that Kelly is a citizen yet is encouraged by a retired cop to "sleuth". I'm pretty confidant that this would never happen. Not to mention that she finds two dead bodies, one of which has her throat slit and yet she acts as though it was just another day. Personally if I walked in on someone I had know ...more
Cupcakencorset
This book is the 6th in the Knitting Mysteries series. It was a quick read, with some pretty engaging parts. The police procedural details were more accurate than in past novels in the series, which was a welcome change, but the story itself mostly took place "offstage," with the effect that the reader didn't get to "witness" the most critical events in the plot through the eyes of the main character. Instead, these details were told to us by other (often secondary) characters, well after they o ...more
Linda
I wanted a light, quick read, and this certainly filled the bill. Sefton’s “Knitting Mysteries” don’t really contain much knitting, but her stories need a place for a group of women to gather, and a yarn store fills the bill. Kelly Flynn is the main character in these stories, the one who can put actions and ideas together to help solve whatever crime happens in each story. Here Claudia, a woman whose several husbands have met untimely deaths, is accused of murdering Juliet, the town librarian ...more
Patricia Solla
This was an interesting murder mystery. I liked that the death didn't occur right away at the beginning of the first chapter. There was a good introduction of all the 'players' before we get right down to the who done it. Of course the center of it all is The House of Lambspun and what is going on with our knitters and their Christmas projects. The continuing characters are involved with Thanksgiving, charity work and Christmas. It's good to see what families do for the holidays. Romance continu ...more
Jmlwallis
There's nothing like a good old Colorado Christmas. Good book.
Andi
Totally fun. Cozy. Light reading.
Betsy
Fleece Navidad was the first book I have read in Maggie Sefton's Knitting Mystery series. I picked the book up because of the title which I still love. The cast of characters is extensive and well-written. I knew the "villian" right away, but that did not take away from my enjoyment. The interaction among the knitters made me laugh. I do not know how to knit, but the recipes sound delicious. I will probably not read more in this series because I have so many other TBR books and found other cozie ...more
Anne
Mom had picked this up somewhere & had never read it.
It's the 6th in a series and at times was like listening to a shorthand conversation between friends because I'd never read any of the earlier books. Although I'm very partial to the cozy mystery sub-genre, I've read loads which are much better. It doesn't say much for the book when it's dead obvious, no pun intended, VERY early in the book whodunnit. The only reason I finished it was to find out how long it would take for the info to sma
Michelle
I don't normally read books out of order in a series, but this one caught my eye last month and I took it home with the intention of reading it around Christmas. One of the characters in this book is a librarian who knits, so of course I had to give it a shot.
It was just okay. Too many characters for me to keep straight, but maybe that's my fault for not starting at the beginning of the series. And I'm sorry, but the plot wasn't very plausible. Maybe I'm not one for the cozy mysteries.
Corky
The knitters of Fort Connor, Colorado are furiously working on their holiday projects. Kelly Flynn and friends have transformed the House of Lambspun into a winter wonderland with the help of their new mascot, a lamb named Annie. In the midst of the holiday season, Kelly must juggle handling her own accounting practice with charity knitting and solving the murder of the town librarian, Juliet. is the killer the "Merry Widow" or her stalker? Check it out to find out!

Cute, cozy holiday read.
stitchnsnitch
The husband of a friend of mine discovered this mystery series, and he said he automatically thought of me when he saw it. His family also got me this book for Christmas; isn't that special! :)

This was a solid 3-star read. Even though I had figured out who the murderer was about halfway through the book, the dialogue and the other side plots kept the story interesting enough to finish the book. I look forward to reading the other books in the series.
Carole
I picked this book up from a Christmas display shelf at the library, realizing that it would not be in the category of great literature, but everyone needs a little junk food now and then, right? Wrong! This was so bad that I was getting physically ill (too much junk food?) I could go on, but I'll sum it up with this - my cat occasionally walks on my keyboard and what come up on the screen was better writing that what was published in that book. Yich!
Enid
Maggie Sefton's knitting series follows a set storyline pattern. It's not really monotonous because the line flows from book to book just like visiting a friend. I don't feel like I'm reading a soap opera. I love the characters intetaction with each other. The humor is not chinzy and properly placed. Also the reader can easily visualize the story.
I read Sefton's books in two days. I can't put them down. I enjoy light-weight mystery.
Tina
The "mystery" was almost non-existent. The murderer was not a surprise and the knitting content was uninspired. I picked up this series because I'm a knitter and mystery lover and hoped they would be a fun and light way to pass some reading time. Until now I have not been disappointed in this assessment of the series. I have never been impressed with the writing but the characters were likeable and the Lambspun community pleasant.
Renee Ladd
The dialog was better in this book than the previous in this series, but the mystery wasn't too hard to figure out. I was happy that Kelly and Steve's relationship has finally progressed.
Engranon Gradous
Yes, more "popcorn" reading. I admit that I like the break that Maggie Sefton's Knitting Mysteries provide. As with all the others, I figured out whodunit long before the last potluck, but I didn't really care. This one had some elements that seemed a little less polished than some of the other books. While it was about time that Kelly and Steve got together, the increased sexual innuendo really didn't thrill me.
  • Sins and Needles (A Needlecraft Mystery, #10)
  • A Holiday Yarn (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #4)
  • While My Pretty One Knits (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #1)
  • Knit Fast, Die Young (Knitting Mysteries, #2)
  • A Stitch in Crime (Crochet Mystery, #4)
  • Holiday Grind (Coffeehouse Mystery, #8)
  • Stitch Me Deadly (An Embroidery Mystery, #2)
Aka Margaret Conlan

From author website:

"First, a little biographical information as introduction: Born in Richmond, VA, I grew up in Northern Virginia in Arlington, close to Washington, D.C. I attended university and received a Bachelor's degree in English Literature & Journalism, married, and started my family there. All four of my daughters are grown and established in careers of their own
More about Maggie Sefton...
Knit One, Kill Two (A Knitting Mystery, #1) Needled to Death (A Knitting Mystery, # 2) A Deadly Yarn (A Knitting Mystery, #3) A Killer Stitch (A Knitting Mystery, #4) Dyer Consequences (A Knitting Mystery, # 5)