Start by marking “Wicked Lies (Wicked, #2; Colony, #4)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Lies (Wicked, #2; Colony, #4)

Wicked Lies (Wicked #2)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  2,312 Ratings  ·  185 Reviews
If At First You Don't Succeed

For two years, Justice Turnbull has paced his room at Halo Valley Security Hospital, planning to escape. Justice has a mission-one that began with a vicious murder two decades ago. And there are so many others who must be sent back to the hell that spawned them. . .

Kill. . .

Laura Adderley didn't plan to get pregnant by her soon-to-be ex-husband
Published June 1st 2011 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Lies

Feb 14, 2011 Pamela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I was skeptical of this because sometimes the books by one author more famous than the other seem to be a way to push the lesser known writer's work. But, Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush are sisters, so I gave it a shot. The book certainly wasn't totally believable, but it was fast paced with romance, mystery, telepathy, evil serial murderers, crazy psychitrists, lighthouses, dramatic rescues, whatever. It wasn't so graphic that it kept me up at night, and it had a few loose ends, but overa ...more
Tammy Spence
Mar 06, 2011 Tammy Spence rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspence
This book was definately an awesome read it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! Loreli was raised at Siren Song along with all of her illegitimate sisters,by her Aunt Catherine and her floozy quack of a mother Mary who later vanished thought to be dead. As a child Loreli remembers a strange and frightening little boy named Justice Turnbull who would come visit with his mother Mad Maddie Turnbull. All of the women of the family was rumored to have a psychic gift and Maddie used hers to ...more
Scooper Speaks
Mar 30, 2011 Scooper Speaks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Lines: “Even in my cell, I can smell her sickness. Her filth. Her lust.” (p. 1)

Wicked Lies is the result of the collaboration between Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush and is book two in a series about the women of the Colony. The colony is a haven for a group of gifted sisters led by their aunt. The outside community thinks it is a cult, but it’s a safe place for the psychic women to retreat from society.

Wicked Lies is a romantic suspense with a slight paranormal tone, that stands alone desp
May 30, 2011 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didnt realize this biook was the second in a series and I thought there was a lot of unanswered questions that may have been answered in book one.
It was supposed to be a "supernatural thriller" and I found it to be less than thrilling and only MILDY supernatural.
Nikki Barrett
Jun 04, 2011 Nikki Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here comes another exciting collaberation with authors Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush. Together, they spin another eerie, thrilling romantic suspense with just a splash of paranormal. The villain in this book is uber creepy, but that's what makes the story so suspenseful. We get glimpses of his thoughts throughout the pages, and know with each passing page that he's getting closer and closer.

The main heroine, Laura Adderly has herself in quite the predicament. She's pregnant- by her now ex husban
Mar 29, 2012 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, paranormal
Wicked Lies was a fast-paced thrill ride with many random sharp turns along the way. Justice Turnbull is a disturbing character that's a great villain - showing no remorse or shred of humanity. He's hell-bent on killing all of themysteriously related women of Siren Song, convinced they are the spawn ofSatan.The bit of romance between Laura and Harrison is full of tension and longing. Their possible-new-relationship thoughts and feelings are spot-on and smile-inducing. The small amount ofparanorm ...more
Jun 27, 2011 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
This book was a good thriller. It was a good overall story and each chapter left you anxious for the next. I felt like of the "secrets/surprises" weren't as exciting as the authors revved them up to be.
Overall I like the book even though I believe the editor didn’t do their job, many inconsistencies in the book were glaringly obvious and, to me, slightly annoying. Things like the ex-husband owning a Porsche but later in the book it’s a Corvette, the characters visiting the same scene within 6 hours doing the same thing they just did, these are things that would naturally occur with two authors writing but the editor should have caught these things and fixed them.

The primary characters were wh
Jun 22, 2011 Vivian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently chose to read from my ever-growing TBR pile and began Wicked Lies by Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush. I'm so glad I began with this book. It is filled with suspense, romance and drama. Imagine being raised in all-female (namely sisters and an aunt) and rustic environment and leaving for the big city at age 18. Well, that was the life of Laura "Lorelei" Adderley and now she is dealing with her cheating ex-husband and a deranged killer out to finish what he started years earlier . . . killi ...more
Trista Siegel
Aug 05, 2011 Trista Siegel rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Overall this was a good book. I remember updating my status in the book saying that I felt like I was missing something and I figured it out at the end. In a personal note from the Lisa Jackson she says this is the second book about Siren Song, that's where I was confused. This book is a sequel and I didn't know that when I entered the First Reads Giveaways, it didn't say that like most of the others did. I would have liked to have known that so I could have read the other one first but oh well. ...more
Jul 28, 2011 Amandaj rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
This is a book I received from goodreads giveaways. 529 pages is overkill for this book. I found the content repetitive and a bit too slow for my liking. The book appears to have a lot going on, but the characters interesting traits wear thin and things become dull.
So, there is a killer that escaped with the intent on killing all his relations. There is a woman who is pregnant who can communicate telepathically with the killer. And there is a washed up reporter trying to prove his worth. And of
Dana Burgess
Jul 04, 2011 Dana Burgess rated it really liked it
Being Lisa Jackson, there is a little deception, a little romance, some psychic powers, and a lot of action, filling the pages. I have to admit that I've never read Nancy Bush but the combination of these authors has led to a fast, fun read.

The first thing I loved about this book, and the thing I loved the most, is that these two talented authors named their psychotic maniac 'Justice'. While it's true he was out to execute his own sense of justice on the sssssisssterssss, it would be a justice t
Wanda (Good Choice Reading)
Jul 24, 2011 Wanda (Good Choice Reading) rated it really liked it
This book was an absolute page turner. These two sisters wrote these characters so well. The way they wrote this villain was so good that I loved him only because he made the book so interesting. But I hated him because he was so sinister. OMG he was so EVIL!! He's the kind of guy that you definitely want to read about but never want to meet in person EVER. Her other character Laura, was such a sweetheart that you instantly fall in love with her. And then (exhaling) you have Harrison, who doesn ...more
Lisa Jo
Chilling and intriguing, Wicked Lies by Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush is an enjoyable romantic suspense novel with a supernatural twist. While the description may be a little lengthy, the novel is a thrill ride with amazing characters.

The last thing Laura Adderley wanted was to find out she was pregnant with her ex-husband’s child. Yet here she is, realizing she is facing life as a soon-to-be single mother. But Laura has more problems on her hands as she realizes a psychotic mad man from her past
Ursula Gorman
Wicked Lies received a 4 star rating...barely. I wanted to give it a 3, but the two main characters are so likeable, they bumped it up to a 4. Lisa Jackson is one of my 'go to' authors. When I see her books, I usually pick them up to see what they are about, and more times than not, I buy them. I am rarely disappointed, but Wicked Lies seemed to drag on. There was a lot of 'filler' writing that I'm not found of. Too much detail can drag a book down and keep the action from moving.
I found myself
Nov 19, 2011 Patricia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Wicked Lies

Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush

Lorelei grew up in the Colony at Siren Song. A colony of women who have special gifts. Lorelei’s gift is the ability to sense evil when it comes near. Most of the women who grow up in the Colony remain there but Lorelei is one that left. When she left she became Laura.

Laura is a nurse, married to a doctor, and had hoped to live happily ever after. But now Laura is getting a divorce, has just found out she is pregnant, and can hear evil coming for her.

Oct 28, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another of Jackson and Bush's stories involving The Colony, a mysterious group of women living in seclusion on the Oregon coast. The story centers around Laura, a woman who grew up in the Colony and left around age eighteen. Justice Turnbull, the villian from Wicked Game, escapes from the mental hospital where he has been since he was caught after his last killing spree. He and Laura have the ability to speak to one another telepathically and when he learns she is pregnant she becomes h ...more
Jan 04, 2012 Harriet rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It had a lot of suspense, some romance, and some very unexpected things happen. Really great, I did not like the book that came after this one, Born to Die. But Wicked Lies is well worth reading!
Suzanne Mueller
Jul 28, 2012 Suzanne Mueller rated it it was ok
This book was VERY slow reading. It just did not grab my attention and suck me in to the story. I also got irrated by the Colony because the story just never got to the point of their history and secrets. I usually LOVE Lisa Jackson books but this is a waste of time. I probably would not have even finished the book..... but I am kind of anal about starting a book and not finishing it. I just keep thinking it is bound to get better...... but this one never did. :-(
Julie Barrett
Jun 01, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
Wicked Lies by Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush
Laura just now pregnant is getting divorced from her husband Bryon Adderly.
He had relocated them to Oregon and he had gotten his way. He cheated on her and wanted to make amends.
She had abilities and knew he was lying about cheating on her.
Justice Turnbalt was in the mental instituion, had murdered many women and he had escaped and was tracking her down.
Love the Oregon coast and the little hiding places that Justice hides, one is a bait shop, an apartme
CD /unabridged/Thriller: There are soooo many things wrong with is book. This review will have spoilers in it and I don't care because I am not recommending it.
Nutty cousin escapes the mental hospital and is going after his cloistered cousins from a "cult". He and his one cousin, Lorelei, can communicate. When you hear "Sisssteer", take a shot! And you hear it a lot and my eyes rolled every time.
Lorelei is a doormat. Harrison is a cad. But hey, Lorelei is in love with him. Why? Maybe because whe
May 14, 2013 Angela~twistedmind~ rated it really liked it
Not until this book did I realize Jackson and Bush are sisters. I've often wondered if it is more difficult to produce an entire novel on your own or harder to collaborate with a fellow author. I'd assume the latter. I'm sure, especially with sisters, there is quite a bit of head butting when the two have different visions of where the story should go next.
At 529 pages many people would consider this a loooong novel. It's right up my alley. I much prefer longer novels to those that are only 200-
Jessica Harney
Jan 02, 2014 Jessica Harney rated it really liked it
Shelves: lisa-jackson
Lisa Jackson brings back Siren Song and the women who live behind the locked gate. No men are allowed into Siren Song, very few visitors, and no one gets to leave Siren Song if they want to return. Those that live at Siren Song are relatives and Catherina is the "leader". The secrets of Siren Song just aren't keep to the outside world but also from those living behind the gate of Siren Song. Siren Song is home to only women and if a child was born that was male they were adopted out or die early ...more
Jan 13, 2014 Stacie rated it did not like it
Raychel Morris
Jan 13, 2014 Raychel Morris rated it it was amazing
Wicked Lies by Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush is definitely a "nail biter," as one could say. If you're looking for something that will keep you on the edge of your seat while giving you a slight chuckle here and there, I highly recommend this novel. Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush do a fantastic job weaving together a much larger idea with very small and subtle ideas. Lies, sex, pregnancy, lust, fear, and a strong desire to hunt for the truth all play a main role in this novel.
In their novel, a psych
Feb 16, 2015 Audel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Il s'agit du tome 2 de la série Wicked.

L'histoire se situe deux ans après l’incarcération dans un asile psychiatrique de Justice Tunrbull. Malheureusement, celui-ci parvint à s'en échapper et va alors reprendre ce qu'il avait commencé deux ans auparavant. cette fois-ci, sa proie est une infirmière Laura qui a déjà du mal à ne pas se noyer dans les méandres de sa vie à ce moment-là.

Dans ce tome on en découvre plus sur Justice et donc sur les raisons de ses actes. De même, au travers de Laura on s
Alasandra Alawine
Apr 01, 2015 Alasandra Alawine rated it liked it
I found it rather slow going as it covered a lot of the same ground as the first book. Justice breaks out of the psychiatric hospital he was committed to, with the help of his Doctor (Zellman. Zellman wants to use Justice's escape as cover to kill his own wife and son.

This time Justice is after Laura (aka Lorelei) who left Siren Song as a young woman to go to nursing school. Laura is recently divorced from her Doctor husband and has just discovered she is pregnant with his child, which provided
Joyce McKune
Oct 21, 2016 Joyce McKune rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great thriller, romance with a little fantasy thrown in.
Laura could hear her half brother in her head. He had escaped from an institution for the criminally insane and was coming to kill her and her sisters.
  • Blind Spot
  • Before She Dies
  • Undercover Lover (Covert Attractions, #2)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Dead By Nightfall (Griffin Powell, #13)
  • Outlaw (Medieval Trilogy, #3)
  • Love on the Range
  • Forsaken
  • Deadly Little Lies
  • Cold Ridge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1)
  • Hell to Pay (Live to Tell #3)

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver. She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a nationa

More about Lisa Jackson...

Wicked (4 books)
  • Wicked Game (Wicked, #1; Colony, #1)
  • Something Wicked (Wicked #3; Colony, #5)
  • Wicked Ways (Wicked #4; Colony, #6)