Start by marking “Thyme” as Want to Read:
Thyme

Thyme (Naughty or Nice)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  56 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
This title is part of the 2010 Advent Calendar: Naughty or Nice

Julien Lafayette and Gregory Verne, best friends since they were children, could have been more... but Julien was too afraid of destroying their friendship to act on his feelings. By the time he built up his courage, Verne had joined the Marines. Luckily for Julien, his Nana—the witchdoctor of New Orleans—alway
Published December 1st 2010 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Thyme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thyme

Hot Head by Damon SuedeThe Locker Room by Amy LaneCaught Running by Madeleine UrbanKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneA Fostered Love by Cameron Dane
Childhood Friends Become Gay Lovers
153rd out of 240 books — 399 voters
Aaron by J.P. BarnabyChase in Shadow by Amy LaneAcquainted with the Night by Tymber DaltonKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneBareback by Chris Owen
Heartbreaking Gay Romance
132nd out of 217 books — 138 voters

More lists with this book...

Katrina Passick Lumsden
Dec 26, 2015 Katrina Passick Lumsden rated it really liked it
There's a part of me, albeit a very small part, that hates this story because of what was required to make the MC see sense. But I love how it ended up.
Susan
Nov 14, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, mm

Wonderful wonderful Christmas story!

This one made me do all the ugly crying. Then it made me cry all the happy tears.
It was absolutely beautiful.

description
Serena Yates
Dec 29, 2010 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
What an amazing story. Second chances always fascinate me, and this one was more heart-rending and fascinating than most. I was in tears a third into the book, thinking that this couldn't end well. But it's a Christmas story, right? So I read on. Next I was about to throw it against the wall in disgust - because it looked pretty bleak. And it got a lot worse before it got better.

The recovery at the end was brilliant. I found myself wishing it could be like this for more people. A truly happy end
Tam
Feb 02, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
This story starts with Julien having a “feeling”. He’s learned to trust his family’s sixth sense and knows something’s coming and finds a package from his nana with some herbal tea. Just after he drinks it, he gets a call from the parents of his childhood friend who’s in Afghanistan, saying he was injured and is in a hospital in Germany and he needs to come. Although Julien has been in love with Verne (they go by Jules and Verne) since he was a kid, it’s not clear exactly what happened, but he r ...more
Ebook Addict Reviews
There is pain, suffering but ultimately joy in Foster’s “Thyme.” I’ll be honest, the pain and suffering even as I read the happy ending, still lingers with me, a day later. Yes this is a Christmas tale with magic but the beginning chapters are as emotionally heartfelt and painfully real as anything I’ve read. Some of us have experienced a missed opportunity of loving a special someone, whether the result of bad timing or fear of rejection. We don’t usually get an opportunity for a ‘do over’ and ...more
Tailtiu
Dec 04, 2014 Joyfully Jay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jason
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

For a short story, Thyme is extremely well written, with lots of depth in terms of plot and characters. Foster wrote a cool time travel story that was not too complicated or confusing and had me cheering Julian on. I can’t say much more without giving away the coolness of the ending.

Read Jason’s review in its entirety here.
Tara
For such a short story it took its own sweet time getting going. The ending I knew was coming from the very beginning so it was frustrating waiting to get to it. There was a lot of inter dialogue about the "big mistake" Jules had made, but when we finally see the scene we never exactly find out what he did to set this whole story in motion. Because not making the first move seems like a weak reason for someone to run off and join the military. Maybe that's just mean. An inaction causing such a h ...more
melek
This one was sad and i was like is this how its going to be to the end but of course it wasn't like i expected i did get lost during i was confused to. there were flashback, julien and Verne have been friend since. Now he received a phone call saying verne has been hurt and in germany and needs to come quick that his dying. But of course it nt how it seems. Somehow there was a time travel or something like that between but you get the picture once you read it.
Rachel
Jan 02, 2011 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Very powerful and emotional read for a short story. I was wondering how this could end with a happy ending, but it did! I don't want to give anything away to spoil it, but I really enjoyed this one!
Paws
Dec 13, 2012 Paws rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
Holy hell! Don't read without tissues! Or, is that just me....? Let's hope Nana was right.
Veronica /  V
Dec 01, 2011 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
I would have loved a different ending.
A
Eolia
Eolia rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Shay Vandevander
Shay Vandevander marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Olivina
Olivina marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Tiuri
Tiuri rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2015
Aure7ia
Aure7ia rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Meg Abit
Meg Abit marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Tara♥
Tara♥ marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Frostykitten
Frostykitten rated it really liked it
R * A Reader Obsessed *
R * A Reader Obsessed * marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Eliseane
Eliseane marked it as to-read
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Gyung-Min
Gyung-Min marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I've wanted to be an author since I was a child. Now I just want to be a better one.

I probably wouldn't have even started writing original fiction if I hadn't received a fortune cookie that said: You have a charming way with words and should write a book.

When I'm not writing--which isn't often--I edit for other writers, read, and sing.
More about K.R. Foster...

Naughty or Nice (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • All Snug