Start by marking “Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)

Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles #2)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  396 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
In a time of raids and ransoms, Aiden MacLeod is responsible for a formidable Scottish keep and all the people within. But an alluring stranger known only as Syrena could undo all of Aiden's defenses. Original.

No one can deny him...

BOUND BY DUTY
In a time of raids and ransoms, Aidan MacLeod is responsible for a formidable Scottish keep and all the people within. Yet the fea
Published May 3rd 2011 by Zebra - Kensington (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Warrior of the Isles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior of the Isles

Kathleen
May 20, 2011 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Make that 4.5. Once again Debbie Mazzuca has written a story that I truly enjoyed. I'm surprise more people are not reading her book's here at goodreads.

This story held my interest right from the start. It had a bit more heat in it than Lord Of The Isle did. This is a series but you can read this as a stand alone with no problem. This book also had paranormal elements to it which I thought added to the story. It had some OH NO moments, made me cry at times and oh my what a fantastic HEA ending t
Tina
May 17, 2011 Tina rated it really liked it
Aiden MacLeod’s half-brother Lachlan was born half fae. Aiden has spent most of the boy’s life protecting him from Aiden’s father who wanted to kill Lachlan when he was born. After one attempt on Lachlan’s life, his father falls off a cliff and dies.

When Princess Syrena’s father is murdered and then comes to her in a vision, he tells her of his half-fae son born in the human realm. She is to bring him back to the Enchanted Isles and make him his successor. Vowing to avenge her father’s death an
Paraphrodite
Aug 28, 2012 Paraphrodite rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
A Fae princess on a quest in the Highlands looking for her half-mortal brother (Fae father, Mortal mother) and falls in love with his older full-Mortal Highlander brother.

At first, innocent and clumsy, she then takes a turn in the middle of the book and becomes a warrior princess with the help of a Merlin-like wizard and a magical sword.

Ok read but I feel the storyline is just a tad all over the place.
jD
Dec 23, 2012 jD rated it it was amazing
This is the way Highlander's are done! There may only be on Karen Marie Moning but she has put down her pen and left the Highlands so a girl must look elsewhere for the needed fix. Debbie Mazzuca is a fix and more.

I loved everything about Aiden and Syrena's lovestory -- kilts, swords, magic, fae, and rich, thick brogue. Did I mention there is hot sex too. It's not perfect but it's so close that I didn't have the heart to take off a star for the one or two irks I found. Aiden is a clan leader who
Jenn

2.75 - 3 Stars

After meeting Aidan in book one, I was very excited to read his book. I was a bit disappointed and didn't really care for all of the magical part of the story. I felt like Aidan was ripped off from having a great story. I do recognize he needed to have some Fae aspect added to his story due to Lachlan, however, I really didn't like how it played out. I didn't like some part of the epilogue either when he's bedding his wife.

What I did like about the story
1. The humor
2. Rory, Callum
Chelsea
Oct 31, 2011 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
I have read a few historical highlander books over the years, not enough to be an expert, but enough to know what I like with my Highlanders. Debbie Mazzuca hits the mark with Warrior of the Isles. I really enjoyed this book from beginning to end and I couldn’t put it down.

In this story we have two main characters: Syrena a Fae Princess and Aidan a Scottish Laird/Warrior. Syrena is basically from Fae (another place) and after things that happen in the beginning of the book she’s forced to go to
Chelsea
Jan 18, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, it was just as wonderful as the first one if not more. I can say one thing, Debbie knows how to write suspense. I was intrigued from the beginning learning that Syrena is Princess and what all that entails, and then the twist at the end was perfect. I loved reading more about Aidan, and Lan, as well as Rory Ali and the rest of the gang, I am anxious to read more about them in the third book. I was completely into the Fae aspect that was much more present considering Syrena is Fa ...more
Crazy4more
Jan 29, 2012 Crazy4more rated it really liked it

What a great read! I thought I would've missed Rory but Aidan MacLeod and Princess Syrena took over in no time. As Aidan forced to deal with his hatred for Fae, he found out his brother, Lan, is half-fae, the love of his life, Syrena, a Fae princess. As a warrior with the responsibility to protect and serve his clan, his mind overrode his heart, even though everyone else saw the truth.

I loved the chemistry among the characters, especially Rory's twin boys. They were a joy and added so
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
Oct 15, 2011 Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!) rated it really liked it
"Once I adjusted to the old Scottish dialect, this read was a heart stopper. It has all the elements I look for in a book: A wonderful love story that makes you angry, happy, weepy, and all down right warm, and fuzzy inside. With strong, passionate, and dutiful characters; what more could a hopeless romantic ask for!"

Read more of Rayna's review on NRR's website http://nocturnereads.com/Warrior-of-t...
Denise
Dec 15, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it
Laird Aiden Macload & Syrena the Fae Princess....This seemed really long. Full of adventure and getting over long held prejudice Mortal/Fae issues. This goes with her other book Lord of the Isle a time-travel with Allienne (Ali) and Rory who are also in this book.
Neisau *Loves Alpha Males in any form*
TJ
If one likes paranormal fantasy in their historical romances, this is the BOMB!

For a complete review, visit Affaire de Coeur magazine, hard copy or online: http://www.affairedecoeur.com/bookreview
Brittany
Feb 16, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highlander
I loved this second part to a great series!!
evilqueen21
Mar 17, 2012 evilqueen21 rated it really liked it
A bit choppy, but love the story!
BookChick
Feb 01, 2012 BookChick rated it liked it
Shelves: highland, paranormal
Not as good as the first book. Syrena is really annoying, had higher hopes for Aidan. It's one thing to have the Fae play background to the book (like in Lord of the Isles), but when ones comes out and plays, I'm not really into it. Syrena is too weak for me and not the "oh the poor girl" kind of weak, the kind of girl you just want to smack upside the head and tell her to get over it.

Really, don't think I can continue. After the deep hatred Lan has for everything and everyone Fae, he forgives S
Miranda
Barbara
Aug 28, 2015 Barbara rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. I was hoping it was as good as the first, Lord of the Isles. I felt Aidan was too hard on Syrena and allowed his hatred of the fae to cloud his judgement too much. I also felt the love story took a back seat to everything else going on. I loved the first half. The love was beginning to develop then, I almost stopped reading about half-way through when (view spoiler) ...more
Melissa
Jun 05, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
This was the second novel of the series I have read. Very good, great characters and lots of love between the two main characters.
Syrena is treated unfairly a lot! She starts out as a weak, self-questioning woman.
She tries desperately to reunite with a younger brother that wants nothing to do with her and in turn, finds she is in love with his mortal brother, Aiden.
Many times, I wanted to reach through the book and shake Aiden. He is a good person but blames himself for pretty much everything.
ChicaLectora
Jul 25, 2014 ChicaLectora rated it really liked it
Shelves: historic
Terminado!
Hay partes en las quise matar a Aidan (bastantes!) me gustaron los cambios que hubo en Syrena, y sobretodo Nuie.
Buena introduccion sobre el siguiente libro (chaan!)
el final, genial y divertido, destaco la descripcion del cuerpo de Aidan xD
Creo que va a haber mas fae en el libro que viene :)
SheLove2Read
Jul 27, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, 2011
DNF. I didn't like the worldbuilding and the heroine had a slightly "helpless" trope going on that irritated me.
fran_g
Nov 25, 2012 fran_g rated it did not like it
not time travel like first book, instead about fairy in historic scotland, so just not interested atm.
Aurrora James
Jul 26, 2014 Aurrora James rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Really enjoyed it
Bunga
Dec 31, 2013 Bunga rated it really liked it
Buku ini jauh lebih bagus daripada buku pertamanya, meski kali ini gak bertema time travel.

Aidan MacLeod adalah Laird yang sangat protektif kepada adiknya, Lachlan, dikarenakan adik tirinya ini berdarah campuran--setengah manusia dan setengah fae. Konon, hal inilah yang membuat ayah mereka jadi gak waras dan sampai berubah jadi abusif, bahkan hampir membunuh Lachlan dengan cara melemparkannya ke tebing. Untunglah, justru si ayah yang tewas secara tidak sengaja. Maka dari itulah, Aidan benci buk
Colleen Estupinan
Colleen Estupinan marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
AshleyJ.
AshleyJ. marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Shelia
Shelia is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2016
Ebony
Ebony rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Juxme
Juxme rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
I don't get it 1 4 Nov 07, 2014 04:49AM
  • Immortal of My Heart (Immortal Series, #2)
  • Highland Magic (Druid's Glen, #5)
  • My Brave Highlander (Highland Adventure #3)
  • Unwilling (The MacLauchlans, #2)
  • Fate's Monolith (MacLomain, #1)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • Sleeper Wakes (Blue Fire, #2)
  • Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • Healing the Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #7)
  • Lessons in Loving A Laird (Highland Knaves, #2)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • Highland Dragon
  • Hellcursed (Shadowfae, #0.5)
  • Seven-Night Stand
Debbie Mazzuca always dreamed of becoming a published author, and thanks to the encouragement of her grandfather, author Dudley Copland, she never doubted her dream would come true.

Because her grandfather not only instilled in her a love of reading and writing but a passion for everything Scottish, she took a trip to Scotland in 2006. A slight detour had her touring the Isle of Skye instead of her
More about Debbie Mazzuca...

Men of the Isles (3 books)
  • Lord of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #1)
  • King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)