Start by marking “Fodor's California 2011” as Want to Read:
Fodor's California 2011

Fodor's California 2011

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  3 reviews
• Full-color guide • Make your trip to California unforgettable with illustrated features, 92 maps, and 393 color photos
• Customize your trip with simple planning tools • Top experiences and attractions • Lodging comparison charts • Easy-to-read color regional maps
• Explore the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, Yosemite National Park, and beyond • Discerning Fod
Published November 2nd 2010 by Fodor's (first published November 5th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Fodor's California 2011, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fodor's California 2011

Mary
My husband and I drove the California coast from Los Angeles to San Francisco, and this book was a stellar guide.

There are loads of trip ideas for the Highway 1 journey, and those ideas are presented in segments, so you can really focus on the major landmarks for a particular stretch.

Sure, the book can't cover everything. But, we felt that the suggestions (restaurants, hotels, attractions, etc.) were very helpful overall, and that's impressive considering California's sheer size.

I will say that
John Orman
I especially liked the sections on Joshua Tree, Death Valley, and Yosemite, since I used the book when I visited those National Parks in May, 2014.

A good guide for the exploration of California by road trip!
Galiel
good highlights pages of regions. websites listed. could use more photos.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Sammantha
Sammantha marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Thomas
Thomas added it
Dec 09, 2014
Carina28
Carina28 marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Madeline
Madeline marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
John Orman
John Orman is currently reading it
Apr 23, 2014
Fodor's New York City 2012 Fodor's London 2012 Fodor's Costa Rica 2010 Fodor's Paris 2013 Fodor's Ireland 2011