Start by marking “Out of Bounds” as Want to Read:
Out of Bounds

Out of Bounds (Out of Bounds #1)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Genre: LGBT Contemporary

Celebrating "Coming Out Day" 2010

Titan Douglas has a brilliant NFL career of legendary statistics until he blows out his knee. For two years he mourns the loss of his career, status and lifestyle -- until the day he wakes up with a strange man in his bed and realizes he needs to go home. Slowly, he rebuilds his life, keeping his sexuality safely sec
Published October 5th 2010 by Loose Id LLC (first published October 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Out of Bounds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Bounds

Jason Huffman-black
I enjoyed this story. The characters were believable and I was able to connect with them. I had a little issue with the last scene but otherwise, a great read. (view spoiler) ...more
Lily
Deep in the closet, ex-NFL player turned high school football coach meets gay artist in a bigoted small town setting. This was a nice story although I didn't like it as much as I had expected. Titan and Chandler are hot together but I really felt for Chandler as he struggles with a painful past relationship, his new and also frequently painful relationship with closeted Titan and the stereotypical bigot trying to run him out of town. There were several times throughout the book where I really di ...more
Kassa
Out of Bounds is an ok story with some decent characters. The actual plot is pretty well used and familiar, nothing too exciting or different. The characters stay within pretty typical stereotypes with some mild sex scenes thrown in. There is nothing especially offensive about this offering, but nothing exciting either. It’s a stock contemporary story that’s been done and read before and likely to appeal to the author’s fans the most.

Chandler is an artist that moves home to a very small town af
Ami
Chandler Stowe returns to his hometown, Cholla, Arizona, to take a position as art-teacher, after a painful break up with his lover, Alan. Being the only gay adult in the small town is definitely not easy, but Chandler has his best friend, Robyn, and he tries to build his new life. Until he meets Titan Douglas, an ex-NFL player, who also works at the High School as Coach. Titan is gay but he is still in the closet for fear that everybody will shun him. Things turn for the worse, when on
Emily

This was a good book. I enjoyed the fight for their relationship, but I had a hard time liking Titan. He came off as flaky for a good part of the book. I thought he was a coward too. I mean, I understand his potential problems, but come on. He wasn't a current NFL player anymore, had more than enough money, a supportive sister, a loving boyfriend and even when his boyfriend needed him the most. I like how he made everything up at the end (in my mind), but I still thought he needed to do
Cassandra Carr
Viki Lyn nails the complex emotions behind the issues homosexuals face every day, even in our modern society. Despite this weighty subject matter, the book is still, at its heart, a love story between two extraordinary men. The chemistry between Chandler and Titan is clear from the beginning and the action only gets hotter as the book goes on. You definitely root for these two characters to make it, that's for sure! If you're looking for a m/m romance that's more than just a couple of guys knock ...more
Penny
Premise:
Ex- NFL player, now Football coach (in the closet) falls for the local art teacher(Opening Gay.) Problems occur when a student's father accuses the art teacher of making sexual advances against son. Drama Ensues. Will the coach come to his senses in time to save the relationship???
Enjoyable read, but predictable. Three Stars
Meggie
I don't have really much to say. The story didn't really speak to me. Both main characters, Chandler and Titan, are interesting and fun to fallow but the plot is nothing new and nothing fresh. I don't really like to recommend this story because it doesn't give positive vibes, just negative aspect of gay people lives and hatred of ignorant people.
Kate McMurray
I am a total sucker for m/m stories with athletes. This one features a closeted ex-NFL player who falls for an out and proud artist. A sweet little romance ensues, with plenty of tension as our footballer decides how to cope with having to come out to, at minimum, his small, conservative town.
Stacey
3.5 stars out of 5. Fast read that is formulaic but well-written with great MCs, hot encounters, and just the right level of angst to keep the plot moving. I would've liked to read more about Titan's past and would be happy to read a follow up story of what happens next for them.
Suze
Apr 02, 2014 Suze rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Suze by: Won on author blog in HAH 2012
A story of small town homophobia, new love, jealous ex, coming out - it had it all and i really liked it. Thought it was well written and moved along nicely. Did get annoyed with Titan at times but he finally manned up! Definitely one i'd re-read.
Chris
Very good m/m romance about a well-known and openly gay artist who returns to his small and bigoted hometown to get away from memories of his ex. Against his better judgment, he becomes involved with the deeply closeted football coach.
Wow plenty of action ..
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
ci
ci marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Miranda Mcintosh
Miranda Mcintosh marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Jannie
Jannie marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Mj
Mj marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Dieanav
Dieanav marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Liza
Liza marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Overdrive
  • Horizons (Horizons, #1)
  • Home Ice
  • Love Match (Love Match #1)
  • Power Play
  • Three Wrong Turns in the Desert (Have Body, Will Guard, #1)
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • Jake's Regret
  • Two-Man Advantage (Seattle Marauders, #1)
  • Out in the Field
  • Match Maker
  • By The River
  • A Perfect Game
  • January: Miami's Perfect Weekend (Calendar Boys, #1)
  • Back to Normal
  • The Trouble With Angel (Baseball #1)
  • High Line (Love of Sports, #2)
  • Carbon and Ash
Viki Lyn is a successful writer of sexy romance. Her stories are an eclectic mix but it is always romance that drives the story to its final happily-ever-after.

A native of California, Viki travels the world in search of inspiration but calls Arizona home. She shares her beautiful adobe home with her wonderful husband and favorite man (fictional or real).
More about Viki Lyn...
Last Chance (Chances, #1) Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1) Ryan's Harbor (Woodland Village, #2) For the Bite of It (Orbus Arcana, #1) The Tiger Within (White Tiger Shape Shifter, #1)