Blue Heaven

Blue Heaven

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Take him from Heaven’s Seat. Bring him to me. We will protect his sacred head.

Stryver Zorti’s mission appears simple. Kidnap the Godchild and deliver him to his master. But with the first meeting of the holy man’s azure gaze, desire surges in him to strip bare the God and touch the man within.

Worshiped all his life, the Godchild is shocked by the stranger who dares lay han...more
Published December 8th 2010 by Siren Publishing

Blue Heaven by Jadette PaigeHellucination by Stephen BiroThe Doors of Perception/Heaven and Hell by Aldous HuxleyThe Marriage of Heaven and Hell by William BlakeUnder the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer
Heaven and Hell
1st out of 117 books — 51 voters
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel HawthorneGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussA Clockwork Orange by Anthony BurgessThe Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar WildeA Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
A Kaleidoscope of Colors
72nd out of 686 books — 84 voters

More lists with this book...

Penumbra
Please read my updated comments at the end of the review...

Blue Heaven is a story about God Children in human form, mercenaries, power, and finding out who you are; enough to control your own destiny.

(view spoiler)...more
Jade Archer
This is a beautiful story and I'll definitely be checking out more work by this author. The writing was excellent - descriptive and vivid without being too over the top IMO. The characters where fantastic. The growth of Blue's character in particular I thought was very well done. From an innocent, completely clueless fledgling to a kickass diety. Got to love that journey! :) I loved the world building in this one too, which was a lovely show don't tell experience that had me picturing more and m...more
Mantastic
I really liked the imagination and originality that went into creating this story.

Both Stryver and Blue are very likable. Stryver is working as a mercenary in order to fund his dream of tending a quiet farm and settling down. And Blue is such a fun character. He is a "godchild" in the same sense as the Greek or Roman gods. As his confidence grows, so does his colorful personality.

I'll get the cons out of the way since I truly loved the story and want to spend more time on the good stuff.

The beg...more
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

This book is Jadette Paige's first foray into the m/m genre and she pulled it off brilliantly. The only warning to the reader is that the first few chapters seemed long and a bit dull but that was done purposely as you will find as the story unfolds. Gods are born to human parents in this world and then are taken by the church to be trained and cared for. Unfortunately, man runs the church and tends to mess with Heaven's plans for th...more
Helen Beattie
I absolutely loved this book! The plot was brilliant, full of unexpected and sometimes shocking twists and wonderfully detailed. The writing was superb and very desoriptive, it drew me into the story and was a pleasure to read. It was fast paced and one that I couldn't put down until it was finished.

Blue Heaven is a love story between a human mercenary, Stryver, and a Godchild that Stryver calls Blue because the Godchild won't tell his real name for fear of rejection. Stryver is on his final mi...more
Jane A
I'm surprised I liked this story as much as I did. I didn't really know what to expect of it since it's on the list of lesser-known-books and none of my GR friends have read it. The cover didn't really help my judgement either >.<
What got me to chose this book for the BINGO challenge was that the story is about a Godchild and I really like stories about Roman Gods, Greek Gods, etc., so to read such a story seemed like a treat to me. What made me like it as much as I did is the fact that th...more
JoAnn
Stryker , a mercenary, was sent to Heaven's Seat to kidnap the Godchild for his protection. The Godchild did not fear for his safety but felt he could trust the mercenary. The journey is one of survival and of truths.

This is not the type of book I would normally read but really did enjoy it. There was danger, intrigue and the beginnings of love and trust. I would recommend this book for a feel good story.
Tj
A very good book. I wasn't expecting the story to actually be as good as it was, Siren has been known to produce a lot of so-so books. This one was very well written with beautiful descriptions and amazing characters. This was a bit of "insta-love" but given the context of the story it is easily believed. I did think some of the danger at the end could have been more gripping but I did love the story.
Ana
I absolutely LOVED this book. I thought this was a truly captivating fantasy read. This was the first time I ever read this authors work and it definitely will not be the last. One of the major things I loved about this book was that it wasn't just your typical all sex erotica book it truly had a amazingly captivating storyline and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a truly wonderful read.
Kinny
I totally loved this book. It's the kind I will be reading over and over as there are no traumatic parts. There was a perfect balance of romance, supernatural, humor and touching moments. Oh there are cute kids too.

Keep churning em stories Jadette! I want more!!!
Meggie
This was really beautiful story. The characters are pure and really warm. I really enjoyed the whole plot and how everything was set up... and the ending is just perfect... ^__^
Alex Hahn
I thought the plot was original not like all the other books out there that are just vampires and werewolves. There is a lot more depth to the writing. I really liked it.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Don
Genre: M/M Fantasy
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Lynnebaby
3.5 stars. Interesting world, characters and plot (even if somewhat predictable). A fun, sweet read.
Trisha
Wonderful story, I will defiantly keep my eyes open for more from this talented Author!
Marsha Spence
Really enjoyed this story. I liked the idea of the reincarnation of the Godchild.
KevaD
An outstanding debut novel by Ms Paige.
Jess Candela
2.5 rounded to 3

I enjoyed it, but I also really struggled with it. For some reason I kept picturing Stryver as one of the Fellowship of the Ring, which had the disconcerting effect of making me surprised to find myself in this story rather than that one. And the "smaller man" description was used for Blue so much, coupled with the refrain about his innocence and naivte, I started picturing him as a child...which was unfortunate when they then had sex! And the wonderful villagers who took them in...more
H.A.
An excellent read. The length was grea. I loved the MCs, Blue especially. He is such a precious charater, I found myself smiling whenever he experienced/learned something new. It was just adorable.
The storyline was well thoughout and I didn't find any loose ends throughout this book, a wonderful plus.
Also, the plot was excellent. Its a new take on a semi-common plot.
I would reccommend it to everyone.
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
AM
AM marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 20, 2014
Jbizzle85
Jbizzle85 marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Deanndra
Deanndra marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013