Start by marking “Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding Forgiveness, and Making Miracles” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Everyday Grace: Having...

Marianne Williamson

Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding Forgiveness, and Making Miracles

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  992 ratings  ·  70 reviews
Whether we like it or not, our hectic lives shape our spiritual being. Traffic jams, job tensions, marital difficulties test our faith daily. But, according to Marianne Williamson, these everyday ups and downs also offer an opening to the soul. Everyday Grace is a call to mine our inner resources; to accept the opportunity to be happy and holy in the very moments it least ...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published by Books on Tape, Inc. (first published January 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Grace

Meghan
This is an extremely powerful book, especially if you're questioning your relationship with a higher power. I found Williamson's references to Cinderella and Harry Potter amusing and relatable. It was an easy read but that doesn't mean the content wasn't meaningful. Williamson chooses her words and her examples carefully; every idea she poses is meant to invoke a reaction. I keenly felt her points and was left quite thoughtful after I put the book down. The idea of "everyday grace" will stick wi ...more
Sherry
Dec 01, 2011 Sherry is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading this this morning:
"A moment of silence is our cosmic reset button. My niece, Meredith, is a third grade teacher, and she puts a moment of silence to great use when her students are beginning to spin out of control. "Stop!" she says, putting a hand out in front of her like the Supremes singing, "Stop, in the name of love!" Then she says, "Take a deep breath," and inhales. Then she taps the fingers of one hand to the side of her head, counting out loud to five. Then she slowly exhal
Ree7ab
Awesomely amazing book. It changed the way I look at life. A nice thing about it is a person of any faith and any walk of life will be able to relate and benefit.
Kimberly
Inspirational and down-to-earth, full of insight into the possibilites of the world we can create, if we become conscious enough to let it happen...

"Our choice to stand within a field of infinite possibility is our miraculous authority in any situation."

“Each day can be a glorious canvas painted by the hand of God, and we pray for eyes with which to see it.”

“From a spiritual perspective anything negative that happens has only one purpose: to foster compassion in the human heart.”

"The attention
Rebecca
I really struggled between whether to rate this a three for "liked it" and a four for "really liked it." The message is top notch...give everything up to God...have total faith...and you will have peace and love in your life. And one really does need to be reminded on a continuous basis to have faith because it's difficult..so for that reason alone this book is worth reading. But, as with many of these spiritual/inspirational books, I find it more helpful when the author gives us concrete ways t ...more
Anna
What I appreciated about this book was not that it gave more information, but it gave practical application ideas. Some parts of the book were really inspiring to me, especially the parts encouraging me to look outside of myself towards serving and loving others. She said something from A Course in Miracles that really rubbed me the wrong way. She indicated the belief that God is the creator. God only creates good things. Therefore, if bad things happen, they are not real. They are only manifest ...more
Melanie
This book contains some really great nuggets. Marianne knows how to break things down into language that makes so much clear sense. Some of it I kind of skimmed through, but there was one part that really motivated me and actually made a big difference in how I begin each day. I liked A Return To Love better, but this is very much worth reading.
Joli Wake
"As long as there are walls inside our minds, we are bounds to remain behind them. For id you think you can't, you can't. If you think you can, you might. And it you think God can, you're on your way to a life of spritual triumph."
Tania P
I have to say that this book really did very little for me. It was a disappointment after reading Joseph Campbell's 'The Power of Myth'. He explained things far more clearly.
Brneyedbrunette
loved it, loved it, loved it. I crack it open when I just need a little reminder.
Joanne Cimini
Great Book! It is to be read over and over again....
Mirjam
Blz. 43:
"Door welke vorm van leed ons leven ook getekend is, als we op dit moment voor een wonder openstaan, kan er een wonder gebeuren. En er bestaat geen groter wonder dan een mens die volledig wordt wie hij of zij zijn kan. Zodra we gaan beseffen dat we zijn wie we besluiten te zijn, zijn we genezen. En juist door wat we niet geven kunnen we worden tegengehouden, in feite nooit door wat we niet krijgen."

Blz. 58-59:
"Voorts verzetten we ons tegen de liefde omdat het rationele denken erdoor in h
Lynn Tolson
In the introduction, Williamson urges the reader to go beyond being a seeker of the truth. She states that she wrote Everyday Grace as a "traveling companion for the modern mystic" who is on the journey of personal transformation. According to Williamson, "Our spiritual victory lies in rising above the mental forces of fear and limitation...thus attaining the power to heal and be healed." That appears to be the destiny when we embark on a journey as a mystic.

As with the other books written by W
Carol Comfort Hill
Let your light shine

I'm new to Marianne Williamson's writing, but to me she speaks of universal truths that I'm learning about. It is inspirational to pray for terrorists to know peace, not war and that we may experience unity.
Michael Hsu
This is the second book by Marianne that I have read and it is as powerful as “A Return to Love”. In a very short period, I have come to appreciate the profoundness of her writings to lift up our spirit which is so desperately needed in this secular world of ours. Another aspect of her writings I admire is her down-to-earth style that makes me feel she is journeying with me on the path of enlightenment rather than speaking to me from afar. I strongly recommend this book to anyone interested in m ...more
Traci
Brian Bridson
I didn't expect a lot from this short book, but finding that it deserves to be re-read. Fits well with my own ideas of spirituality, and beautifully inspirational.
Peg
The book was so close to her previous books I felt like I wasn't getting anything new. I rated it low because I was looking forward to new insights but didn't get any. That was disappointing.
Amanda
I could not put this book down, once I started, I was hooked. A great help for everyday life, and to help overcome obstacles that were standing in my way.
Kemi
In this book Marrianne Williamson's approach to the mysteries of this world and how easily we loose sight of them; whether through weakening of our spiritual core or negative effects of this realm, is truly a refreshing way to remind us to continue having hope, forgiveness and love. We not only have the ability to thrive in continuous biss, but are privilaged to experience all the fantastic blessing of miraculous grace. Truly a blessing to be reminded.
Stephanie
This title was South Austin Spiritual Book Group's pick for March of 2011.
The book was well edited and had practical suggestions that I am actually using in my daily life now.

However, many of the members of our group felt that "Return to Love", Williamson's first book, was far superior
to this one and that her voice is not as authentic as it was in the beginning of her career when she was closer to the Course in Miracles.
Jaclyn
I found this book inspirational and enjoyable. There were a few bits that I didn't enjoy quite as much, but overall I would recommend this book. The author addresses spiritual practices without addressing them to any particular religion or spirituality specifically. For this reason, almost everyone can benefit from reading this book and will find it enjoyable and inspirational, which I believe was the writers purpose.
Alicia
Gutenberg's printing of the bible (1400's) revolutionized the distribution of knowledge. The distribution of printed text was directly responsible for a sharp increase in literacy. Of course stories are open to interpretation and we tend to see what we want to see. Every creature on earth seeks the same, to thrive without fear. Trust will conquer fear. Now you may ask who and what do I trust? Matthew 7:15-20
Kelly
I read this book a little every day and on the days I didn't get to it, I could tell. The book made me feel a sense of peace and grace in my hectic life. The greatest lesson I learned was that everyone on Earth really is *one* and I look at people in a new light now, especially people I don't like or don't understand. I also really like the concept of love as a force and not an emotion.
Tania
A Salvation Army find from Upper Hutt, Sept 2013. May be reread several times.
Hope
Beautifully written. Heart felt. She has such a wonderful viewpoint on so many of the spiritual issues of our modern culture. I always end up feeling uplifted and inspired and encouraged after reading one of her books. They really speak to me. This is one is no exception. One I will want to read again.
Shelli
Although I don't agree with all of Williamson's theological explanations, this book struck a chord. Love and being in harmony with God's will truly can heal each of us and all of us at the same time. I've always loved reading books with True principles from all religions, and this one did not disappoint.
Andrea

Again this book took me to a better place of understanding my self and the world we live in. If we all lived by the philosophy that is written in the pages of this amazing book we would see that we live in an amazing place. This is the third time I have read this and it continues to resonate with me!
Diana
Apr 11, 2012 Diana rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Everyday Grace is a beautiful book that encourages people to live their lives according to the Golden Rule and recognize that we are all one in spirit. I will re-read this book again and again. Marianne is an excellent speaker and if you have an opportunity to hear one of her lectures, grab it!
  • Entering the Castle: An Inner Path to God and Your Soul
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • Walking Meditation [With CD and DVD]
  • Getting in the Gap
  • Meditations to Heal Your Life
  • The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing
  • Sacred Space: Clearing and Enhancing the Energy of Your Home
  • The Mystic Heart: Discovering a Universal Spirituality in the World's Religions
  • The Blooming of a Lotus: Guided Meditations for Achieving the Miracle of Mindfulness
  • A Year to Live: How to Live This Year as If It Were Your Last
  • The Seeker's Guide: Making Your Life a Spiritual Adventure
  • Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women
  • Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self
  • The Mind of the Soul: Responsible Choice
Marianne Williamson is a spiritual activist, author, lecturer and founder of The Peace Alliance, a grass roots campaign supporting legislation currently before Congress to establish a United States Department of Peace. She is also the founder of Project Angel Food, a meals-on-wheels program that serves homebound people with AIDS in the Los Angeles area.[2] She has published nine books, including f ...more
More about Marianne Williamson...
A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles" A Woman's Worth Illuminata: A Return to Prayer The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles

“Every ending is a new beginning. Through the grace of God, we can always start again. (Page 120.)” 114 likes
“Until we have met the monsters in ourselves, we keep trying to slay them in the outer world. And we find that we cannot. For all darkness in the world stems from darkness in the heart. And it is there that we must do our work.” 84 likes