Start by marking “The Valentine Star the Valentine Star” as Want to Read:
The Valentine Star the Valentine Star

The Valentine Star the Valentine Star (The Kids of the Polk Street School #6)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  4 reviews
February is fun.

It's time for everyone in Ms. Rooney's room to make cards for the Valentine box. Emily Arrow couldn't be happier when Dawn Bosco gives her some colored starsto decorate her cards. She plans to make a special one for Ms. Vincent, the new student teacher.

But things take a turn for the worse when Ms. Rooney asks Emily to be class monitor.Emily feels importan

Published January 21st 2009 by Yearling Books (first published September 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Valentine Star the Valentine Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Valentine Star the Valentine Star

Just finished reading this to my girl and loved all of the memories it brought back! I recall reading this in elementary school and really pondering the impact a shirt with green kittens on the collar could have.
Nancy
A sort of dull look at life in a first grade classroom around Valentine's Day. I probably won't read this to my class next year.
Ethan
This book made me think of Valentine's Day and it made me excited for Valentine's Day!
Misty Macneil
Misty Macneil marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Lissy
Lissy added it
Jul 29, 2014
Hagjae
Hagjae marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Sarah added it
Jun 20, 2014
Naima
Naima marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Prema
Prema added it
Aug 19, 2014
Makara Smile
Makara Smile marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Michelle Lyons
Michelle Lyons marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Boekelfje
Boekelfje marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
PATRICIA REILLY GIFF is the author of many beloved books for children, including the Kids of the Polk Street School books, the Friends and Amigos books, and the Polka Dot Private Eye books. Several of her novels for older readers have been chosen as ALA-ALSC Notable Books and ALA-YALSA Best Books for Young Adults. They include The Gift of the Pirate Queen; All the Way Home; Water Street; Nory Ryan...more
More about Patricia Reilly Giff...
Pictures of Hollis Woods Lily's Crossing Nory Ryan's Song (Nory Ryan, #1) Eleven Wild Girl