Start by marking “Bridget Jones: Na rubu pameti” as Want to Read:
Bridget Jones: Na rubu pameti

Bridget Jones: Na rubu pameti (Bridget Jones #2)

3.5  ·  Rating Details ·  73,460 Ratings  ·  2,048 Reviews
Ova je knjiga nastavak slavnog Dnevnika Bridget Jones. I ovaj put pratimo glavnu junakinju u pokušaju da sredi vlastiti život i cijelo joj vrijeme držimo palčeve. Duhovita i topla, autoironična i zabavna, a nadasve humana Bridget je jedinstveni ženski karakter koji je obilježio kraj tisućljeća.
Published 2000 by Fidas, Zagreb (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Bridget Jones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bridget Jones

Suzanne
Nov 19, 2007 Suzanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
The Colin Firth interview is hilarious! You just want to scream at Bridget to shut up and stop putting her foot in every time she opens her mouth! Just as wonderful as the first book!
Jennie
Apr 29, 2016 Jennie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Weight: 867 lbs (due to entire Chipotle burrito bol still sitting in belly), cigarettes 0 (as don’t smoke), alcohol units 1 (responsible glass of red wine, for heart), calories 1557 (if Chipotle nutrition calculator can be trusted)

Have just finished reading Bridget Jones’s Diary: The Edge of Reason, aka BJD 2: THE DARCY STRIKES BACK. Still working out feelings re: sequel, as original was pure perfection, part of identity, Pride & Prejudice-related (so obviously superior to almost all other w
Lisa
Jun 28, 2008 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, shite, 2008
This book should be retitled as Bridget Jones: The Unnecessary Sequel. Bridget returns as the hapless and can't-get-it-together heroine with plenty of love, work and weight troubles. The first book has a happy ending and I thought that was the end of it. Since it's so successful, of course the author cannot resist conjuring contrived plot lines for Bridget's second adventure.

Bridget came across as charming and endearing in the first book but here she becomes annoying and irritating. I (or the r
Jessica
Aug 17, 2007 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: saw-the-movie
Not quite as good as the original, nonetheless, spending more time with Bridget and her friends as they count alcohol units and worry about what underpants to wear on a date is a pleasant diversion.
Chevalier
Sep 27, 2015 Chevalier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sunday 26 January

6 pm. My Bed. Writing critic on Goodreads Hurrah! Just finished quite good book. Will call friends and discuss about it. Now everyone can see how smart I am! Will write fantastic critic, one that will make everyone follow me, adore me, etc. Will be invited to review more books and will write for famous newspaper (Guardian or Times).
Yes, will write not only funny review but insightful.
Should have a little wine for to start creativity flowing.

6.01 Will go to shop and buy Silk Cu
Kimberly Carrington-Fox
La Fielding se saca de la manga una trama liosa y con muchos altibajos, perdiendo mucha de la gracia y frescura del pirmer libro. Mark Darcy y la madre de Bridget son lo mejor (por favor, la madre es ahostiablemente graciosa). A Bridget a veces la matabas, a veces le dabas un achuchón. Al menos te entretiene y, si lo comparas con la peli, es una maravilla (la peli es es-pan-to-sa -> salvo Colin Firth #AyOmá)
Marina
Feb 20, 2016 Marina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: real-life
This story turned into love novel, but it's still great chick lit, great comedy and great story. Bridget is struggling with her relationship with Mark, had serious problems and struggling with her job. The end was satisfying and I was laughing out load during the feast.
Stephanie
Feb 19, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After finishing Bridget Jones's Diary for the second time, I turned my attention to Bridge Jones: The Edge of Reason, by Helen Fielding, which I'd never read before. I have to say that with both books, there were definitely laugh-out-loud moments, although there were more with Edge of Reason than Diary.

I'm embarrassed to admit it took me at least to the middle of the book to realize that this book was a take-off of Persuasion. And once again, I admire Ms. Fielding's facility in translating a cla
Devon Hernandez
Jun 19, 2010 Devon Hernandez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fits of uncontrollable laughter. That would describe me reading this book. What a great followup to the first one! For those of you who have only seen the movie and not read the book, warning: the movie script cuts quite a bit out, and changes quite a bit. For instance, the whole lesbian thing in the movie? Never happened. The "other woman" who Bridget thought was after Mark really was after Mark in the book. Daniel Cleaver barely makes an appearance, just a brief few times, literally only 3 bri ...more
Pam Geemul
Apr 05, 2013 Pam Geemul rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It took me so long time to finish the book because I hated it. Totally and absolutely HATED it. Wanted to dispose of the book midway but convinced myself to go through it because I had flicker of hope that it might get better. But alas, I was so wrong. Bridget Jones must be one of the shallowest, most superficial characters I ever came across. One CANNOT have her life centered around losing weight and indulging in self pity for the simple reason that one has no boyfriend. Seriously, on nearly ev ...more
Poonam
Jul 06, 2016 Poonam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, humour
Fun read.
Miglė Keliotytė
Aug 25, 2015 Miglė Keliotytė rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
What a wonderful book. Found myself again laughing from Bridget so hard I couldn't breathe. This book really lightened up my days when I needed. So sad I finished it so fast.
Tanya Nekrasova
Вторая книга мне понравилась меньше первой. В целом мне понравилось, были действительно смешные, нелепые моменты.Меня совершенно не раздражали мысли о похудание, или такие та внутренние надуманные самокопания героини, это даже показалось мне забавным.Но вот я абсолютно полностью разочарована в Бриджит Джонс как личности - она глупа, эгоистична, автор очень многое удачно подстраивает под нее, что для меня не работало. Допустим момент с ее работой - на протяжение всей книги она несет бред, а в кон ...more
Nov 21, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit, fun, 2002, fiction
Not as good as the first but still worthy of attention.
PurplyCookie
Apr 25, 2009 PurplyCookie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is probably the one rare time I'd say that a book's sequel is much better than its predecessor.

In this continuation of her diary, Bridget again recounts the ups and downs of the single life, coupled by the indifference shown to her by Mark Darcy, her now established boyfriend. "Hurrah! The wilderness years are now over. For four weeks and five days now have been in functional relationship with adult male, thereby proving am not love pariah as recently feared." Add to Darcy's indifference
Kirsti (Melbourne on my mind)
6/8/2016
I have an unnatural soft spot for this book. As I said last time, the movie is a trainwreck and the two should not be compared. The similarities to Persuasion are nicely done and that spoilery moment below? Yeah, that still makes me tear up.

18/12/2011
I reread this today for the millionth time. Having finished the first one yesterday, I honestly think I prefer this. Possibly because it's loosely based on Persuasion, which is my all-time favourite Jane Austen book. I absolutely adore the p
Magrat Ajostiernos
Oct 10, 2015 Magrat Ajostiernos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
No recomiendo esta lectura a ninguna "Petulante Casada". Las treintañeras solteronas en cambio harán de éste su libro de cabecera.
Como yo xD
En serio, algún día dejará de hacerme gracia Bridget Jones, pero por suerte ese día lo veo todavía muy lejano... ¡Hurra!
Ana Maria Rînceanu
Disaster. This is what happens when you don't think on your own and just regurgitate a self-help book's or your biased friend's advise. Still, we've all been there in some form or other. Bridget's exploits are a frivolous, adorkable joy to read about while holding in giggles. Career wise, I can't say we see eye to eye to her, but I'd like to go out for her with a drink and discuss the Velveteen Rabbit.
Franki
May 09, 2016 Franki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again this all seemed very abrupt and it was a case of all of a sudden everything fell into place and the book ends. despite that I did thoroughly enjoy this sequel and can't wait to read the third. would recommend to any girl, single or otherwise.
Freddie Norlee
Mar 29, 2016 Freddie Norlee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Not as good as the first one but still fantastic. Just what I needed. Only problem is that I can't find the last book with the same narrator 3
Brenda
It was funnier and better than the another book.
Nevertheless, I expected more.
Now, why I'm not going to read Mad About the Boy

I've just read the book summary:

"With her hotly anticipated third installment, Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy, Fielding introduces us to
51-year-old Bridget Jones, single mother of two children (Mark Darcy having died five years ago). Set in contemporary London, Bridget is negotiating a new phase in her life, including the challenges of maintaining sex appeal as the yea
Swissmiss
The great thing about this book is that it completely preserved the tone, voice, characterizations, and humor of the first Bridget Jones book. It is easy to read but not dumbed-down. In fact, the nearly telegraphic style makes the reader work just a bit harder than she is used to, in order to divine the meaning. So that's all good. Why, then, have I given this sequel only three stars, where the first book received five?

There were three things that led me to this decision... and at one point, I w
Chase A
Feb 07, 2013 Chase A rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, a fictional work of British literature by Helen Fielding, is a whirlwind of a romance set in the city of Notting Hill. Bridget, the calorie, cigarette, and alcohol obsessed thirty year old, finds herself in unfortunate relationships that hardly ever work out for her. But eventually, she finds the man of her dreams, Mark Darcy. It has been “four weeks and five days [that she has] been in a functional relationship with an adult male,” portraying that she is not a ...more
Jennefer
Aug 22, 2011 Jennefer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: incompleted
I didn't like the first book as much as I enjoyed the movie but I wanted to read it anyway cause I love the movie - the characters were much more superficial and I couldn't relate to Bridget as much. The story about her mother was pretty crazy - totally unbelievable - they tamed it down for the movie.

Anyway I thought I would try out the 2nd book thinking maybe the character had grown some but she was still just as bad and annoying and her friends were worse - being married and a mom I was reall
Ciarán West
Apr 08, 2013 Ciarán West rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helen Fielding is basically the world's greatest feminist. In her first Bridget Jones book, she taught us that no woman is complete unless she has the love of a foppish, sub-Hugh Grant, barely heterosexual posh man to complete her. To add to the confusion, Bridget is in love with the actor Colin Firth, who they end up casting in the film as her actual love interest, Mark Darcy. If that wasn't confusing enough, they throw in Hugh actual Grant as the Bad Boy Whom All Women Are Attracted To In Spit ...more
FlibBityFLooB
Quite different than the movie, but very enjoyable despite Bridget's vapid personality. I was really surprised to find the actor Colin Firth in the book... that would have been really hard to have in the movie considering he was playing Mark Darcy ;)

I loved the ending of the movie with the Firth/Grant girly-man fight. I liked the ending in the book with the whole murder plot and Darcy screaming naked.

Lots of good stuff. I was amused.

Audiobook was wonderful. Forgive my punctuation since I listene
Read most of this book in one sitting today and closed it feeling as though I'd said goodbye to a friend. I adored Bridget's character in both books. This story had me laughing more often than any other book has.

Never would've expected to relate to or enjoy this book so much. V. good.

Have to watch the films again ASAP!!
Deborah Markus
Mar 30, 2014 Deborah Markus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as fresh and quotable as the first Bridget Jones book, but still a lot of fun. More entertaining if you're familiar with Persuasion, since her references (callbacks?) to it are hilarious. Too sleepy to type more. Read this book if you like funny.
Anne
Oct 22, 2010 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Edge of Reason a bit more than the original. I think it had a little more depth (and I use that term veeery loosely) than the first Bridget Jones book. She grows a tiny bit as a character, and finally seems to come to terms with what it means to be an adult in love. Again, she grows a tiny bit...we're not talking about any huge spiritual epiphany here. This is, after all, Bridget Jones we're talking about.
As a big fan of the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, I also found myself smil
Bárbara
2.5 stars, actually.
It didn't really work for me. It wasn't as funny as the first one, which I enjoyed quite a lot. This one didn't work the same way. Maybe it will take some time before I read the third one.
Goodreads Librari...: Description 2 17 Apr 20, 2016 09:07AM
  •  Angels (Walsh Family, #3)
  • Love: A User's Guide
  • Bare Necessity
  • Behaving Like Adults
  • The Boy Next Door
  • Strapless
  • Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3)
  • Roommates Wanted
  • Pride, Prejudice and Jasmin Field
  • Farm Fatale: A Comedy of Country Manors
  • Girls' Night In
  • I Never Fancied Him Anyway
  • Rivals (Rutshire Chronicles #2)
  • If Andy Warhol Had a Girlfriend
  • Mondscheintarif
  • Sammy's Hill (Samantha Joyce, #1)
  • Number 10
  • A Girl's Best Friend
Helen Fielding was born in Yorkshire. She worked for many years in London as a newspaper and TV journalist, travelling as wildly and as often as possibly to Africa, India and Central America. She is the author of four novels: Cause Celeb, Bridget Jones’ s Diary, Bridget Jones:The Edge of Reason and Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination, and co-wrote the screenplays for the movie of Bridget ...more
More about Helen Fielding...

Bridget Jones (4 books)
  • Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones, #1)
  • Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones, #3)
  • Bridget Jones's Baby: The Diaries

“Keep thinking back about what Mum said about being real and the Velveteen Rabbit book (though frankly have had enough trouble with rabbits in this particular house). My favorite book, she claims of which I have no memory was about how little kids get one toy that they love more than all the others, and even when its fur has been rubbed off, and it's gone saggy with bits missing, the little child still thinks it's the most beautiful toy in the world, and can't bear to be parted from it.

That's how it works, when people really love each other, Mum whispered on the way out in the Debenhams lift, as if she was confessing some hideous and embarrassing secret. But, the thing is, darling, it doesn't happen to ones who have sharp edges, or break if they get dropped, or ones made of silly synthetic stuff that doesn't last. You have to be brave and let the other person know who you are and what you feel.”
99 likes
“9p.m. My flat. Feel very strange and empty. Is all very well thinking everything is going to be different when you come back but then it is all the same. Suppose I have to make it different. But what am I going to do with my life?
I know. Will eat some cheese.”
78 likes