Start by marking “Brandenburg” as Want to Read:
Brandenburg

Brandenburg

Il caso su cui il giovane cronista Rudi Hernandez stava indagando gli è costato la vita, ma un'audiocassetta e alcune foto datate 1931 consentono di aprire un'inchiesta che si allarga a macchia d'olio: dal Paraguay al Messico, dall'Italia alla Germania. Al centro del piano criminale, un personaggio inafferrabile e una sola parola: "Brandenburg". Mentre l'ipotesi di un comp ...more
Published 2001 by Piemme (first published September 15th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Brandenburg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brandenburg

Iola
Apr 30, 2013 Iola rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Brandenburg was first published in1994, and it shows. There is a 1998 edition also for sale on Amazon, and the reviews are extremely mixed, with the same number of 1-star reviews as 5-star. It’s now been republished by Howard Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster that publishes Christian crossover fiction.

The cool 2013 cover disguises the fact that the book is set in 1994 and hasn’t been updated either in content or in writing style. In a way that’s good—the story just wouldn’t add up if it
Nancy
Mar 01, 2013 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my second Glenn Meade book and I enjoyed it very much. I really enjoyed The Romanov Conspiracy. This one takes place in present day but draws from the events of German WWII. The evidence is sparse in the beginning and early leads seem to dry out. The protagonist is not a Jason Bourne type but a son of immigrants who lived through the Holocaust. He learned little from his father who was a young Jewish teen at the beginning of the war. What he did learn was mistrust of Germans but particul ...more
Jim McCulloch
I thought the plot was clever and story line quite entertaining. I liked the character who turned out to be the protagonist, although it took a while to establish his role in the story. However, the book could have been so much more.

The book was too long. There were to many inconsequential characters which made keeping people straight difficult. The author employed considerable violence and gun play in the story. Unfortunately, he knows nothing about either subject which causes his violence scen
Joe
May 16, 2008 Joe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Very good read, fans of Allan Folsom would like this author - international thrillers.
Natalie Keating
Apr 14, 2016 Natalie Keating rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't say I really enjoyed this book, to be honest. First off, the writing style and use of language drove me insane. One thing I kept encountering were sentences like, "Tell me what you intend doing." (That's one's from page 360 of the edition I read.) While this may be correct in British English, it sounds so jarringly wrong to my ear that I kept getting annoyed by it.

The next issue was with the dialogue. It was so stilted and characters kept addressing each other by name. In general, people
Victor Gentile
May 07, 2013 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Glenn Meade in his new book, “Brandenburg” published by Howard Books gives us a global conspiracy thriller.

From the back cover: A secret that must never be revealed. . . .

An evil never meant to be repeated. . . .

Seventy years ago, the greatest crime against humanity was committed.

Today it’s only a heartbeat away from happening again.

In Paraguay, an elderly businessman kills himself. In Berlin, a neo-Nazi is gunned down in the street.

Trying to connect the murders, intelligence agent Joe Volkmann,
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
If you're looking for a great book that is almost guaranteed to keep you quite literally on the edge of your seat until you turn the final pages, then this is the perfect book for you. Inspired by a story the author learned about while researching a newspaper article for the Times,, he stumbled across a story told to him by an elderly former SS man who shared a wartime story.

Using the historical timeline in dealing with Nazi Germany under Hitler's command, the storyline tells what might have ha
Jeremy Owen
Nov 11, 2013 Jeremy Owen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended on the good reads site ! I'd never heard of the book or author but was grabbed by it's apparent similarity to 'odessa file' of which I've been a fan - of the movie - for forty years since I saw it on tv one xmas in my young teens and read the book a couple of years ago .
I was intrigued by the main character from the start because of his mix of cultures across family generations which had lead him to his choice of career and place in the storyline .
The storyline is a clever one and pl
Lisa Johnson
Apr 05, 2013 Lisa Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: Brandenburg: A Thriller
Author: Glenn Meade
Pages: 512
Year: 2013
Publisher: Howard
A year or so ago I read my first novel by this author titled, The Romanov Conspiracy, which had heart pounding suspense from start to finish. Thus began the journey. What journey am I speaking of? The journey to learn more about this author as well as to read his other published works. I am constantly reminded of how good works of fiction are really never outdated as new generations of readers come across thes
Chaplain2
I received this book as a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. I am very glad to have a chance to read Brandenburg, and I hope to donate this copy to the public library in Kingsland, TX, after my husband has read it.

I found the book to be intriguing and engrossing -- a real page turner from the first page of the prologue to the last page of the epilogue. Although it was a bit more graphic than I prefer, the story was well told and drew me right in.

Brandenburg was suspenseful and all too realistic an
Annamaria
Mar 26, 2014 Annamaria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable romp; yes, it is dated, but hey, it was written in 1994. Lots of predictability and the protagonist is a total Gary Stu, but the investigation/procedural part is well done. The pacing is very uneven, there is a lot of infodump, but the premise is executed solidly enough as a cutionary tale and conspiracy theory and as a first novel, this is respectable. Will be checking out more from this author.
Tammie
Mar 20, 2014 Tammie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very much enjoyed this new-to-me author though he has been around for a number of years. It held my interest and kept me turning the pages. It is quite bloody, but when you are dealing with Nazi espionage, I'm not sure you can expect anything else. I really liked the main characters and was quite sad when a couple of them met their demise. I look forward to reading other books by this fine author.
Irem
Feb 26, 2013 Irem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, precisely.
Another 5/5. Really wonder, will I ever give less than 5 stars to any of Glenn Meade's books. I haven't read any other author that can collate historical facts with thrilling elements this good. It is really clear that the book is a perfect consequence of a perfect research. Reading Glenn Meade is like watching a great Hollywood production with a never decreasing enthusiasm. Another good thing about the book is it teaches you. For instance (view spoiler) ...more
NuNu
Dec 15, 2015 NuNu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was pleased that this book which I read in the early 90's was available again. I have searched periodically for a copy without success as I couldn't remember the author.
Today I found it on one of goodreads' recommendation list and plan to re-read it in the near future.
Jason M Waltz
meh. fine, not memorable or above average. some distracting writing idiosyncrasies but an ok intrigue. picked up after slow, ultimately not too important beginning chapters. stronger second half fleshing out of the main plot. no spectacular characters. decent shot at international thriller, but no rush to read the author again.
Rebecca Lam
well, i have to say glenn meade's quality is crashing according to my reading order. there are too many characters in this one that i cannot possibly remember. after about half, i couldn't even care about the main two characters, or the plot. and i am not going to finish it.
Roger Charles
May 09, 2016 Roger Charles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read of a Nazi rise to power through conspiracy and a long term plan. Spanning Europe and S America the tale moves quickly with much susp nose and wondering who's who.

I enjoy Glenn Meade novels.

Samuel
Nov 17, 2014 Samuel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
quite a tedious book for me....a whole lot of words, descriptions etc for very little goings-on.

Such a relieve when I finally finished it. I enjoyed Glenn Meade's books in general but Brandenburg didn't work for me.
Eddie
Apr 21, 2014 Eddie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, history-fiction
Fine thiller. Last 75 pages flew by with excitment. Great twist on who helps save the day, the story's fine writing made me forget and I was losing hope. Will try anther Meade book soon.
Mary Flynn
Jun 27, 2014 Mary Flynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. It was full of action and excitement, and although it was written 20 years ago,the economic recession that led to social unrest in many countries in Europe is as current today as it was then.
Rahil Dalal
Mar 01, 2014 Rahil Dalal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very interesting book to read. Even though, you would guess the climax in the middle, still it keeps you gripped till the end even to the epilogue part. A really nice read.
Virginia
A bit dated but still a decent read. Especially considering it is among his first efforts. In today's world of governments and intelligence it's a bit unplausible but it's an enjoyable enough story.
Mevlüttin Kıral
Nazilerle ,aileleri ve ailelerinin dahi ayni duygularla yetistiğini ve büyüdüğünü anlatan çok güzel bir kitap
David Lucero
Jan 18, 2013 David Lucero rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book re-opened a lot of doors about Hitler's indiscretion and love interest. It's an adventure that kept me turning page after page. I'm a history buff and make a point of studying WWII because I believe that period in human history was the most significant in all our time. The characters in Glenn's book are realistic and his writing style keeps getting better. The subtle hints about who is in the torn picture have stayed with me all these years since I read this book, and I've kept it in m ...more
James
Sep 25, 2013 James rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, fiction
A well written thriller which adroitly takes all the old bogeymen and hurls them into a satisfying mix of conspiracies, sinister nazis, trembling heroines and persistent heroes with enormous pain thresholds and the ability to take several bullets pick themselves up and shoot some more. Thoroughly enjoyed the book.

In terms of the story a journalist in Paraguay stumbles upon a covert meeting of nefarious German businessmen which sets off a scramble involving German Neo Nazis chasing him, his cousi
Amy
Jun 03, 2014 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The main character is named Joe. All the other characters use his name constantly! So annoying!
Robert
Jan 18, 2016 Robert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, pretty good although some parts lulled me to sleep. Kind of scary to think that one of the most notorious leaders in human history can leave behind an heir to continue a murderous legacy. All in the name of power.
Jane
Mar 25, 2014 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good thriller. Way too many characters for me to keep track of a lot of the time. Subject (escaped Nazi's and their plans for the future of the world) but this isn't bad.
Thomas West
"R" has read this
Beril
Feb 21, 2014 Beril rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2,5'tan 3. Nazi Almanya'sı, sonrasında Avrupa'da yaşanan paranoya, Güney Amerika'ya saklanmış eski naziler, Hitler'in klonları olduğu gibi bir çok varsayımı defalarca filmlerde, kitaplarda görmüş biri olarak bu kitabı yaratıcı bulamadım her şeyden önce. konu sevdiğim bir konu olmasına rağmen, sarmadı beni. Ana karakterin kadınları tasviri, uzun bir çift bacak ve meme olarak tanımlaması kitaba sevgimi daha da azalttı. kısacası sevmedim sevemedim ama yazarın bendeki kredisinden dolayı 3 yıldız ver ...more
  • Blood of the Reich
  • Old Flames (Inspector Troy, #2)
  • The Constantine Covenant
  • Tom Sawyer Abroad/Tom Sawyer, Detective (Mark Twain Library)
  • Loyal Valley: Assassination
  • A Gathering of Spies
  • The Guardian
  • H.M.S. Unseen (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #3)
  • The Einstein Papers (John Taft, #1)
  • Quantum Web (Nolan Kilkenny Mystery, #2)
  • Silesian Station (John Russell, #2)
  • Interrogations: The Nazi Elite in Allied Hands, 1945
  • The Runner
  • Spandau Phoenix (World War Two #2)
  • A Gathering of Saints
  • 27
  • Pavel & I
  • Orders from Berlin (Inspector Trave, #3)
Glenn Meade was born into a working-class family in Dublin, Ireland. After finishing secondary school he had a tough time choosing between studying theology or engineering, but eventually engineering won out and he studied telecommunications. Soon after graduating, he lived and worked in New Hampshire. He worked as a specialist in the field of pilot training—having had a life-long interest in avia ...more
More about Glenn Meade...