Samiha's Song (Chronicles of the Tree, #2)

Samiha's Song (Chronicles of the Tree #2)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Tymon leaves his new home and his beloved Samiha to complete his Grafting studies with the famous Oracle of Nur. But Tymon and fellow traveller Jedda find that locating the Oracle in a corrupt and lawless city run by pirates and slave-drivers is no easy matter.

Samiha's fate has been predicted by Grafters down the ages. When she is captured in Cherk Harbour and charged with...more
Published February 1st 2011 by HarperCollins (first published January 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Samiha's Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Samiha's Song

Tyson
After Tymon’s Flight, I was really looking forward to its sequel, Samiha’s Song. If nothing else, I wanted a continuation of Tymon’s adventure while learning more about the world that Mary Victoria created. And I expected that she’d throw some good philosophy in there as well to provide a little depth.

What I did not expect is what I got with Samiha’s Song. This book is deep, dense, and rich with meaning. In most ways, it completely eclipses Tymon’s Flight, which is unusual for the second book...more
Melanie
This the 2nd book in the series and I definitely felt it had a more rhythmic pacing than the first. The author makes the assumption the audience is not cast full of dimwits and have actually taken the time to read the first book and remember who the characters are and where they have been. This may be a strange complement but I've read many a fantasy novel where too much time is spent in recap at the beginning. It always leads to a strange pacing where the book doesn't fully get going until half...more
Tarran
What can I say about this book?

I can only tell you the truth - that this book is awesome. Mary Victoria has really done a fantastic job on book two. It has action, romance, sacrifice, adventure and intrigue. You can see the journey that Tymon and Samiha take as they are separated at the beginning.
Each character has their part to play in the greater tale and it weaves together really well. The characters were well written and engaging and Mary makes you feel for their fate.

There are twists and tu...more
Fionnuala
Truly great new fantasy series - up there with Ursula Le Guin
Book Two of The Chronicles of the Tree series is even better then the first, Tymon's Flight. The author, Mary Victoria has created a fascinating world, peopled with wise and wonderful characters. The plot moves along at a good pace and the language is beautiful.
At the close of Book Two, the reader is left in no doubt that the third book in the series will bring all the elements of this exciting story to an original and satisfying conc...more
Tim
Samiha's Song is the second volume in Mary Victoria's Chronicles of the Tree trilogy. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the excellent first volume, Tymon's Flight, mainly because it took a while to get going, but it does the things the second book of a fantasy trilogy should do: it deepens the world in which the story takes place, introduces new complications, and prepares the main character for the trials to be faced in the concluding volume, Oracle's Fire. I think that should be a cracker.
Tim Gannon
The continuation of the Chronicles of the Tree saga - interesting with lots of twists - an enjoyable read
Rochelle
Another brilliant book by Mary Victoria. My only issue is with mistakes to words or missing words.
Joshua S Hill
Joshua S Hill marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Asa Hartley
Asa Hartley marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Xstch3
Xstch3 marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Chibs
Chibs marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Mpauli
Mpauli marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Kyyle
Kyyle marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Kai Nyman
Kai Nyman marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Shehreyar Khan
Shehreyar Khan marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Steve Dempsey
Steve Dempsey marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Martin Ruff
Martin Ruff marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Kathie
Kathie added it
Aug 15, 2013
Ann Mamaeva
Ann Mamaeva marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2013
Ashley Capes
Ashley Capes marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Elliot Phipps
Elliot Phipps marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Mary Victoria was born in 1973 in Turners Falls, Massachusetts. Despite this she managed to live most of her life in other places, including Cyprus, Canada, Sierra Leone, France and the UK. She studied art and film and worked as an animator for 10 years before turning to full time writing. She now lives in Wellington, New Zealand with her husband and daughter.
More about Mary Victoria...
Tymon's Flight (Chronicles of the Tree, #1) Oracle's Fire (Chronicles of the Tree, #3) Tales for Canterbury: Survival, Hope, Future River