Talker's Redemption (Talker, #2)

Talker's Redemption (Talker #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  1,465 ratings  ·  114 reviews
Tate Walker's past is too painful to just disappear, even if his dream boy, Brian Cooper, is there to hold his hand. Brian does his best, but Talker-always good at avoiding his own pain-is having a hard time facing the truth about what happened when he trusted the wrong man at the wrong time. When that truth resurfaces and lands Brian in the hospital, Talker is forced to m...more
Published January 19th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published January 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Talker's Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talker's Redemption

Bookwatcher
[image error]

I'm trying to do a joke about something very serious....because if I don't do it I'll never stop crying.

The first book is all about Brian feelings and his point of view was amazing Talker (Talker, #1) by Amy Lane

Now the second is cruel... It's Tate, aka Talker time to tell his story, and it's all about that.... The courage to go on, when you are down and thinking is time to give up you must look around, and find something that will give you courage... To live and to love.

Perfect book. Seems impossible but it's...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
4.25*
Ok, I thought the first one was sad and a heartstrings-tugger ( is that a word?) anyway, I was wrong, that was nothing compared to this one.
Talker is finally (forced) to really work through the trauma and pain and despair from book 1 and then as if that wasn't enough, evil incarnate comes back again to wreak even more destruction on Talker and Brian.
Like the first book, it is told alternating between the here and now and the past.
*sniff* book three better be worth it, I want a huge payoff f...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Wow. I really loved this book.

It was great seeing Talker's side of things from what happened in the first book, Talker. Actually, I take that back, it's not really Talker's side of things from the events that happened in Talker it's much more of the aftereffects of what Talker went through. The consequences of a decision Brian made in the previous book and how it comes and bites him in the ass leaving Talker to go through a boat load of emotional trauma because of it on top of the emotional trau...more
Ami

Talker was one of the strongest and the most beautiful stories from the pen of Amy Lane that I have read so far. The first book tells the story from Brian's point of view (using 3rd person writing) as he falls in love with Talker and desperately tries to save him ...

This second book, in alternate, tells the story from Talker's point-of-view, six months into their relationship. Brian is trying to help Talker to deal with his Worst. Date. Ever (Talker's way to talk about his date-rape wi...more
Kassa
Talker’s Redemption is a stunning sequel to the wonderfully moving and emotional Talker. This sequel has all the charm and heart wrenching intensity of the first book and although can be read on its own, I wouldn’t recommend. Definitely read the first book from Brian’s point of view and then pick this up from Talker’s perspective. Lane delivers another engaging, well written, and absorbing story that you don’t want to end. Once again I wish this had been combined with the original Talk...more
Valentina Heart
Feb 25, 2011 Valentina Heart rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Valentina by: Tj
Shelves: glbt
I really recommend this to everyone. It's a powerful story about coping with your pains and healing your wounds. In short, it shows the side of life we'd rather not think about and yet, it happens. It doesn't matter just how tough or weak the blows get, they knock us down and it's up to us to pick up those pieces and be stronger for it. Still, sometimes, there are those willing to stand by us, through every tear and breakdown, and even when there is no sunshine cutting through the clouds, those...more
Deeze
Another heartbreaking story.

This time we learn what really happened to Tate on his Worse Date Ever. And how Brian proves again just what an amazing guy he really is.

Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Apr 17, 2011 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Emanuela ~plastic duck~ by: grumpybybirth
This is the sequel to Talker and it tells about Tate and Brian's love story after they got together. This time it's Tate's turn to tell their story. At the end of the previous book Brian decided that Tate needed counseling and we see Tate trying to cope with his past, especially the Worst.Date.Ever. The writing is clipped and fast as I imagine Tate's talking is and it's disconnected, taking unexpected turns, following Tate's mind and his recollections and denials.

Tate's memories are something th...more
Marc
This book broke my heart! [Recap book one: (view spoiler)

This book however, is told from Talker's perspective and tore my heart out. For me it was not quite clear how traumatic the experience was for him and what really ha...more
orannia
Jan 28, 2011 orannia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I think I liked this story more than Talker. I can't say I enjoyed it more, because at times it was heart-wrenching to read. But...it was beautiful, and sad and...full of hope. I think that's what I love about Amy Lane's books more than anything else, the sense of hope that pervades them.
Barb Manning
Talker's Redemption begins some six months after Tate realizes Brian is gay. The two of them are undergoing some serious therapy sessions with paunchy Doc Sutherland, a colorful psychiatrist with a penchant for knitting cardigans. Brian is Tate's Prince Charming, his knight in shining armor. What happens when events carry the knight the field? Is Tate going to step up to the plate?

Amy Lane handles the second book about this sweet couple with much skill. Lane tells much of the Talker's Redemption...more
Tara
1/24/2011-
I just love these two guys. This second book is written from the POV of Talker. It's a little heartbreaking but mostly it's full of heart. It seems to start about 6 months after the first book. And although things have moved forward you find that Brian and Tate may be a little stuck in that way people get stuck because they don't quite realize they are. There are flashbacks, like in the first book and it took a couple before I quite got my bearings, but once I did it was all good. At o...more
Eden Winters
Wow. Heart-wrenching and emotional, the story of Tate and Brian continues from "Talker." Both young men were damaged in their own way, feeling alone until they found each other. In this sequel, they realize that the two of them aren't as alone as they first thought. It's particularly poignant that they, as a new couple starting out, struggle to make ends meet, and pay their bills, and anyone who's had to make hard budgeting decisions can identify with them.

This book may not be an easy read for...more
Kerry
This was a great continuation of Talker and should really be read right after reading Talker. (This book definitely should NOT be read without having read Talker first.) I let a couple of months go in between reading the first book and this book, so it took a while for me to remember the storyline and to get back into the way this book is written (jumping back and forth from the past to the present).

Talker's Redemption is heartbreaking, learning all that Tate and Brian have gone through and are...more
L-D
I enjoyed this book better than the first book simply because Talker and Brian's relationship is growing by leaps and bounds. I loved Brian in the first book and love him even more now. Talker is still traumatized by the events in the first book, and this book is written from his point of view. That was an interesting change and I can't say that I enjoyed it more or less, but it was good to get inside Talker's head.

Brian's loyalty and protectiveness come into play in a big way in this book, and...more
Hester
I can't work out if I like the covers for being a really accurate portrayal of how the characters are described or I hate them because they're super awkward looking.

From Talker's point of view and though annoyingly short I enjoyed it more than the first one.
It's odd though, it feels like almost the bare bones of a story. Amy Lane hasn't fleshed it out. I have trouble connecting to the characters and their situation.

I almost want to steal the character of Talker and write him in his own full l...more
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)

This book is a really quick yet very emotional read. I almost wished it had been longer but then I realized that it was enough the way it is. We were already connected to the characters from the first book and this book picks up where that one left off and we just continued on with the story.

We get this book from Talkers POV....yay! Ahhhh...my heart breaks for him, he's getting stronger so now maybe it's only an ache. I just want to hold and hug him, I guess I'll leave that to Brian!

Leah
I LOVED it.
I HATED it.
I bawled and almost caused some water damage to my brand new Ipad.
Hello AppleCare doesn't cover that Ms. Lane. *evil eyes*
Seriously who doesn't want to shower Tate and Brian with affection?
I'm so emotionally invested in these two magnificent characters.
I just hated having to relive IT, that was hard, fing hard man....I almost skimmed (heaven forbid) but I didn't. You'll be tempted to as well--don't, their triumphant love story was worth all of the tears.
Sandra ♥'s way too many M/M books
Amazing again they just keep getting better really. I'll add Talker in all his hyper scared senses did the right thing because he knew what he needed to do for the boy he loved. And Brian my god what he wouldn't do for Tate. I cried, I laughed, I loved!!
Lucy
Emotionally difficult book, and definitely made me cry, but it was a testament to the wounded souls out there who find the strength and courage to make it one more day. Both Brian and Talker, just love them.
Lidia
It 'hard to read this book, back and forth in time, space, inside and out people but...then reading involves you and when it finishes breathe a sigh but then you run to read the next.
Insaziabili Letture
RECENSIONE IN ANTEPRIMA A CURA DI ANGELA D'ANGELO
5 stelline

Blog --> http://insaziabililetture.blogspot.it...
Forum --> http://insaziabililetture.forumfree.i...

Molti libri colpiscono per i contenuti, altri per il modo in cui sono stati scritti, altri ancora perché c’è una misteriosa forza che lega le emozioni di lettori e personaggi.
Ci si chiede come fa un autore a creare quel vincolo inscindibile, se è tutta farina del suo sacco o siamo noi a proiettare le nostre sensazioni su quello che l...more
Stacey Jo
Talker's Redemption picks up directly where Talker leaves off, only a few months later. I would highly recommend reading both back to back, as they are both fairly short reads. The author does a good job with flashbacks and reminding you of what happened in the first book, but if you wait too long, you loose a bit of the magic, as was the case for me.

In this sequel, Tate a/k/a "Talker" and Brian, with the help of a psychologist, are learning to deal with what happened to Talker in Talker. It tu...more
JoAnn
Just finished ready Talker, Talker's Redemption and Talker's Graduation by Amy Lane.

Talker was a mess after being burned almost to death when he was a little kid and never got over the pain and the constant rejection from others. Brian befriends Talker one day on a school bus. He becomes Talker's support, shoulder to cry on, His Everything!

They go through so many things during the span of their friendship before realizing that everything had moved way beyond just friendship but a deep and lastin...more
Bee
This is the Sequel to Talker by Amy Lane, and now it's time for Tate to be heard. He's used to talking about everything and anything, except for about what he refers to as the "Worst. Date. Ever.". That is the one thing he can't talk about with anyone, not even Brian - the only man Talker would die for. But when it comes down to it, will he tell the truth for him?

We know the story from the last book, but in this book we finally learn Talkers view on it. And it isn't easy for him to even think ab...more
Julesmarie
I am very glad that this series began with us in Brian's head. Getting to see Tate through Brian's eyes for the whole first book totally made me love Tate, in ways I'm not sure I would have if we'd started out inside Tate's head.

It was fascinating, however, having already fallen in love with Tate, to get to experience this book through his eyes. I loved Ms. Lane's dedication to this, that people who stay alive just to not hurt those who love them are just so strong. Tate actually went a step bey...more
Grammy 1
Talker by Amy Lane was one of the stronger pieces she has written this summer. The story is not for the feint of heart I reviewed the novella this summer and today she has added to this wonderful story a sequel novella called Talkers Redemption. Looking at this through a reader’s eye, Ms Lane followed up their story just a little bit farther and I am thankful to her for the courage to do this. So to catch you up:
Brian Cooper and Tate Walker met on a Track Tour Bus, and the stars all aligned in t...more
Jayhjay
This review was originally posted on my blog Joyfully Jay.

Talker's Redemption picks up about six months after the first book ends. It deals primarily with the after effects of the two big events in the first book - what happened to Talker, and the fallout from Brian's actions. I will try to be as vague as possible here but it is hard to avoid a bit of spoiling because the books are so directly tied to one another.

Talker and Brian have been going to therapy at school for about six months. Brian...more
Buddy Read Part II - This Weekend. Join Us! 43 17 Feb 17, 2013 06:06PM
  • Enlightened (Little Boy Lost, #1)
  • Stronger In Your Hands (The Making of a Man #3)
  • Take My Picture
  • My Summer of Wes (Wes & Mal, #1)
  • Life After Joe
  • Taking you Home (Boys of Summer #2)
  • Paris A to Z (Coda Books, #5)
  • A Note in the Margin (A Note in the Margin, #1)
  • Finding Zach
  • The Angel of 13th Street
  • Like the Taste of Summer
  • End of the Beginning (Tales from Foster High, #2)
  • After the Sunset (Timing, #2)
  • Admit One
151973
Amy Lane dodges an EDJ, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. She, her brood, and her beloved mate, Mack, live in a crumbling mortgage in Citrus Heights, California, which is riddled with spiders, cats, and more than its share of fancy and weirdness. Feel free to visit her at www.greenshill.com orwww.writerslane.blogspot.com, where she will ride the buzz of receiving your e-mail u...more
More about Amy Lane...
Keeping Promise Rock (Promises, #1) The Locker Room Talker (Talker, #1) Clear Water Chase in Shadow (Johnnies, #1)