Start by marking “Warriors 3” as Want to Read:
Warriors 3

Warriors 3 (Warriors Part 3 of 3)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  6 reviews
From George R. R. Martin’s Introduction to Warriors:
“People have been telling stories about warriors for as long as they have been telling stories. Since Homer first sang the wrath of Achilles and the ancient Sumerians set down their tales of Gilgamesh, warriors, soldiers, and fighters have fascinated us; they are a part of every culture, every literary tradition, every g
Published August 2nd 2011 by Tor Fantasy (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Warriors 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warriors 3

Spiderorchid
I read this because of Gabaldon's "The custom of the army" and that's definitly a 5 star story. Exciting, funny and beautifully researched historical context.

The other stories were well-written but not that interesting (but that could have been me as I'm not a big fan of war-themed tales in general). They all had good story-lines but the writing lacked dynamic, perhaps because the characters were a bit flat. But still, alright for one-time-reading.

The only story I only skimmed through was the on
Suzanne
Diana Gabaldon's Lord John tale is what drew me to this book, but being who I am, and with her story as the final tale in the collection... yeah... I read them all. Lawrence Block's Clean Slate was dark, slightly chilling, and well written. I've never read Carrie Vaughn, but greatly enjoyed The Girls From Avenger - a nod to the women who gave all to their country in WWII. Robin Hobb's The Triumph was a bonus for me.

Nice diverse collection of stories!
Christopher Wells
Warriors started well in the first book, but trailed in 2 and 3. Skipped most of the stories after a few pages. Did not buy into the one told from the perspective of a dog. A warrior, yes, but not i would put in a collection of books.
Warwriter
The last story was interesting, if possibly implausible. The dog story, I could not read. The female killer story was really grasping at straws when it came to a "warrior" concept. Other stories are pretty forgettable.
Hasse
The stories was ok. Some stand out like "Clean Slate" by Lawrence Block and "The Pit" by James Rollins. The others more blend.
Alison Rose
Alison Rose marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Isabella Blaine-longo
Isabella Blaine-longo marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Stephanie Short-cook
Stephanie Short-cook marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Nick Guido
Nick Guido marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Rebecca Esmail
Rebecca Esmail marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Adnan Rahman
Adnan Rahman marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Leó Páll
Leó Páll marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Andrea Baldomir
Andrea Baldomir marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Coyora Dokusho
Coyora Dokusho marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Matt
Matt is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2014
Jeff Kilpatrick
Jeff Kilpatrick marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
April Dykes
April Dykes marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Sandra Cashion
Sandra Cashion marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Imaginary Friends
  • Wings of Fire
  • Sky Pirates (The Chronicles of Light and Shadow, #3)
  • Crystal Kingdom (Kanin Chronicles, #3)
  • The Way of the Wizard
  • Iron King #2 (The Iron Fey Manga, #2)
  • Legends of Australian Fantasy
  • The Year's Best Science Fiction & Fantasy, 2009
  • The Year's Best Science Fiction & Fantasy, 2011
  • Relics (Brother Petroc, #1)
  • The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror 14
  • Don't Open This Book
  • Silver Birch, Blood Moon
  • Roads Not Taken: Tales of Alternate History
  • Storm (Paper Gods, #3)
  • Kowalski's in Love and Other Stories: Kowalski's in Love, Man Catch, Sacrificial Lion, Operation Northwoods, and Success of a Mission
  • The Executioness
  • A Stark and Wormy Knight
George R. R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

More about George R.R. Martin...
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)