Start by marking “Melodie the Music Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #16; Party Fairies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Melodie the Music Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #16; Party Fairies, #2)

Melodie the Music Fairy (The Party Fairies #2)

The party fairies have been busy preparing for the fairy King and Queen's 1000th jubilee. Jack Frost isn't happy as it is also his 500th birthday and no-one has remembered. He sets out to steal each of the fairies' bags which hold key ingredients to the magical party. Rachel and Kirsty must help each fairy.
Published April 1st 2005 by Orchard

To ask other readers questions about Melodie the Music Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Melodie the Music Fairy

If I Stay by Gayle FormanJust Listen by Sarah DessenThis Lullaby by Sarah DessenWhere She Went by Gayle FormanNick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn
YA Music Books
121st out of 413 books — 720 voters
Isabelle The Ice Dance Fairy by Daisy MeadowsRuby the Red Fairy by Daisy MeadowsAmber The Orange Fairy by Daisy MeadowsSunny The Yellow Fairy by Daisy MeadowsFern The Green Fairy by Daisy Meadows
Rainbow Magic
27th out of 100 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Sophia Dell'Aquila
Sep 18, 2016 Sophia Dell'Aquila rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, mostly because it was just a little more different to any other Rainbow Magic book. I liked the story line and the dialogue was actually really good. I hope that the books continue to be just as good.
Cecelia
Sep 04, 2015 Cecelia rated it really liked it
It's the first anniversary of the school, so Kristy is going to do a ballet recital with her ballet class. A goblin messes up the music radio so Melody tries to fix it. The goblin tries to steal her party bag and he gets it. Rachel and Kristy find Melody and then try to find the goblin. They find the goblin inside of a piano. Rachel has a plan. So, Melody has to turn her into a fairy. When Rachel gives Kristy a wink, she opens the piano lid and Rachel and Melody pick up cymbals and smash them ...more
Dolly
Aug 18, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the second book of seven in the Rainbow Magic Party Fairies series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. While the stories are basically the same and follow a simple formula, they are entertaining for young girls who are starting to read chapter books and I love that our oldest is just ripping through them. We both read the books separately and talk about what happens. I'm not a huge fan of them, but each story only takes about 5-10 minutes to read. Our oldest is ...more
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
Formulaic fairy fiction that is insanely popular with 6-9 year old girls. Daisy Meadows is a pseudonym for a group of writers, this one appears to have been written by Marilyn Kaye. In this book, Kirsty is preparing to perform at the one year anniversary party for her ballet school. Jack Frost's goblins are up to no good, out to upset all the human parties, and this one is no exception, with a naughty goblin there to speed up the music. What we need is a fairy to set things right with a ...more
Priya Appleby
Aug 27, 2013 Priya Appleby rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood-books
(My overall review for the rainbow magic series)

These books were so magical to me as a child. They really got me into reading and I was so addicted. They helped me learn the colours of the rainbow and entertained me for several years. The books aren't very good. I've tried reading them again because I was interested in what I saw in them. The books are very similar and repetitive but to child version of me, they were completely perfect!
Reagan
Feb 26, 2014 Reagan rated it it was amazing
Melodie the music fairy has lost her magic object that controles music. She lost it because the goblins stole it.

I love this book to much! This is the best best best book that I've read in my whole life.

If you want to know how they got it back from the goblin you'll just have to read the book.
Colleen Mertens
Apr 08, 2016 Colleen Mertens rated it liked it
Another book recommended to me by my daugther, this story follows Kristy & Rachel to a music festival on an island. They meet up with another fairy friend and adventure with her to stop Jack Frost and his goblins. Good story for beginning readers.
Mal
Jun 30, 2012 Mal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do you know how darling these books are? ^^
I usually read them when I go over to my second cousins, and considering we were just on vaction with them... well I got my hands on a bit of them :P
Tara Strosnider
May 18, 2013 Tara Strosnider rated it it was amazing
I really liked it because it had faries in it and i used to really love reading some of these when i was younger. I liked how it has a really cute storyline about rachel and kirsty best friends who are never apart.
Laura-Lagoona-Thalia-Sadie-
Nov 14, 2011 Laura-Lagoona-Thalia-Sadie- rated it it was amazing
All Rainbow Magic Books ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, when I didn't have them at home, I would borrow them from the library and read them whenever I could. Even though most of them had the same concept I still read it.
Lindy
They met Melodie, and the goblin stole her party bag. They're looking for the goblins all over the place, and finally found him and fixed their music.
Brandyn
Feb 11, 2015 Brandyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brett-2015
I liked the book because Kirsty and Rachel went on lots of adventures with Melodie! I also liked it because Melodie liked playing music.
Tony Fidanza
Aug 13, 2016 Tony Fidanza rated it did not like it
Shelves: children
This entire series is formulaic and insipid. My six-year old daughter makes me read them all to her! Curses!
Kay
May 03, 2016 Kay added it
Shelves: 2016
My nieces library book that she shared. Very good book for young readers. Very descriptive characters along with an easy to understand theme. Hope she gets more in this series.
Gracie
Mar 19, 2016 Gracie rated it it was amazing
Melodie the Music Fairy can't hit the high notes without her magic party bag of tunes. But a tinkling piano and some clashing cymbals might help Rachel and Kirsty to rescue it ......
Emily
Apr 25, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it
I think it was really nice because I like musical instruments. The story was about musical instruments and fairies.
Sophia
Sophia rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2012
Alice
Alice rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2013
Yayitsbebe
Yayitsbebe rated it liked it
May 18, 2013
mariposa_nudrath
mariposa_nudrath rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2011
Cleo Reads
Cleo Reads rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Mommy
Mommy rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Nataliewf
Nataliewf rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2013
Esra
Esra rated it liked it
May 06, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2009
Athena
Athena rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2012
Autumn Payne
Autumn Payne rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015
Ava
Ava rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015
Tina York
Tina York rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
  • Magic Hearts
  • Can You See What I See? Once Upon a Time: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve
  • Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)
  • Muddy Paws (Magic Puppy, #2)
  • Vidia Meets Her Match (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #19)
  • The Stolen Crystals (The Rescue Princesses, #4)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Arthur's Mystery Envelope (Arthur Chapter Book, #1)
  • The Magic Spell (My Secret Unicorn, #1)
  • Dog Heroes (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker, #24)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • Froggy Plays in the Band
  • The Worst Gymnast
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Misty to the Rescue (Mermaid S.O.S., #1)
  • Just One Bite
  • Kit's Surprise: A Christmas Story (American Girls: Kit, #3)
  • Lily in Full Bloom (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #18)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

The Party Fairies (7 books)
  • Cherry the Cake Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #15; Party Fairies, #1)
  • Grace the Glitter Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #17; Party Fairies, #3)
  • Honey the Sweet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #18; Party Fairies, #4)
  • Polly the Party Fun Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #19; Party Fairies, #5)
  • Phoebe the Fashion Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #20; The Party Fairies, #6)
  • Jasmine the Present Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #21; The Party Fairies, #7)