Start by marking “The Paramour's Daughter (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #7)” as Want to Read:
The Paramour's Daughter (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #7)

The Paramour's Daughter (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #7)

Did you ever fantasize that an unknown relative has died and left you a fortune? Be careful what you wish for. When a stranger insists she's kin to filmmaker Maggie MacGowen, Maggie assumes the woman is what the LAPD calls a "5150," a mentally disturbed person. But after the stranger dies, Maggie discovers that she has an extended family in France-all of whom have "expecta ...more
Published November 4th 2013 by Perseverance Press (first published July 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Paramour's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Paramour's Daughter

LJ
First Sentence: “My dear girl!”

When documentary filmmaker Maggie MacGowen is approached by a woman who claims to be her mother, it is disturbing enough. When that woman is then killed in a deliberate hit-and-run and Maggie learns the woman’s claim is fact, it changes everything. Maggie travels to meet her French family and soon becomes immersed in their lives, problems and threats.

Wendy Hornsby’s books have always been character driven with an element of suspense, and that is still true. Imagine
Marlyn
Sep 02, 2010 Marlyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, arc
Maggie is still mourning the death of her husband, Mike Flint, and has been throwing herself into her work to keep from brooding. Not thrilled about her first Thanksgiving without him, she stops at the market late on Thanksgiving eve to pick up supplies for the dish she'll be taking to dinner at her mother's the next day. On her way into the store, she is stopped by a strange woman who claims that Maggie is her daughter, Marguerite.

Knowing this to be untrue, Maggie catches the attention of the s
Harvey
Oct 30, 2010 Harvey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strong entry in this revitalized series. Maggie is shocked to discover secrets from her past and a murder intervenes and puts her at risk. I loved the family dynamics interwoven w/ the mystery-solving.
Sonia Ashby
May 31, 2011 Sonia Ashby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall I liked this Maggie MacGowen mystery. I read #7 without reading the others first, so that may be part of it. There was a lot of characters to keep straight especially since every one and their dog was related in the story.
Tammy Kaehler
My favorite of the Maggie MacGowan series. Expanding Maggie's geographic horizons has raised her game.
Nancy Degnan
May 09, 2016 Nancy Degnan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good read, this time set in France. Once again, I enjoyed the supporting characters almost more than the heroine.
S. Sheil
S. Sheil rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2013
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2010
Miki
Miki rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2014
Laurel
Laurel rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2010
Brianna
Brianna rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Kimberly A.
Kimberly A. rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2011
Kare Bova
Kare Bova rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2016
Kamini Madansingh
Kamini Madansingh rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Cathie Kodet
Cathie Kodet rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2015
Sandy
Jan 24, 2011 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I really enjoyed this book. I had trouble finding places I was willing to stop.
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2010
Pakitty
Pakitty rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2011
Brashears
Brashears rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Elizabeth Ruby
Elizabeth Ruby rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2014
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Tdevany
Tdevany rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2010
Sue Robertson
Sue Robertson rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Toba
Toba rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Sue Em
Sue Em rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Laura rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2011
Doreen
Doreen rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2011
Colleen Allison
Colleen Allison rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2015
I can’t remember ever not knowing that I was a writer. When I was in the second grade, because I was forever writing little stories, my teacher, a lovely woman named Barbara Heath, gave me her own copy of Little Women, to keep. Hardcover, illustrated, no less. The story wasn’t so much magic for me as was the character of Jo March. Somehow I knew Jo, I pretended I was her sometimes, and knew I was ...more
More about Wendy Hornsby...

A Maggie MacGowen Mystery (8 books)
  • Telling Lies (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #1)
  • Midnight Baby (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #2)
  • Bad Intent (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #3)
  • 77th Street Requiem (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #4)
  • A Hard Light (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #5)
  • In the Guise of Mercy