Start by marking “The Paramour's Daughter (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #7)” as Want to Read:
The Paramour's Daughter (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #7)

The Paramour's Daughter (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #7)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Did you ever fantasize that an unknown relative has died and left you a fortune? Be careful what you wish for. When a stranger insists she's kin to filmmaker Maggie MacGowen, Maggie assumes the woman is what the LAPD calls a "5150," a mentally disturbed person. But after the stranger dies, Maggie discovers that she has an extended family in France-all of whom have "expecta ...more
Published November 4th 2013 by Perseverance Press (first published July 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Paramour's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Paramour's Daughter

First Sentence: “My dear girl!”

When documentary filmmaker Maggie MacGowen is approached by a woman who claims to be her mother, it is disturbing enough. When that woman is then killed in a deliberate hit-and-run and Maggie learns the woman’s claim is fact, it changes everything. Maggie travels to meet her French family and soon becomes immersed in their lives, problems and threats.

Wendy Hornsby’s books have always been character driven with an element of suspense, and that is still true. Imagine
Maggie is still mourning the death of her husband, Mike Flint, and has been throwing herself into her work to keep from brooding. Not thrilled about her first Thanksgiving without him, she stops at the market late on Thanksgiving eve to pick up supplies for the dish she'll be taking to dinner at her mother's the next day. On her way into the store, she is stopped by a strange woman who claims that Maggie is her daughter, Marguerite.

Knowing this to be untrue, Maggie catches the attention of the s
Sonia Ashby
Overall I liked this Maggie MacGowen mystery. I read #7 without reading the others first, so that may be part of it. There was a lot of characters to keep straight especially since every one and their dog was related in the story.
Strong entry in this revitalized series. Maggie is shocked to discover secrets from her past and a murder intervenes and puts her at risk. I loved the family dynamics interwoven w/ the mystery-solving.
Tammy Kaehler
My favorite of the Maggie MacGowan series. Expanding Maggie's geographic horizons has raised her game.
I really enjoyed this book. I had trouble finding places I was willing to stop.
Lori Robinett
Lori Robinett marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Kat marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Genny marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Luci marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012
Dorene marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2012
I can’t remember ever not knowing that I was a writer. When I was in the second grade, because I was forever writing little stories, my teacher, a lovely woman named Barbara Heath, gave me her own copy of Little Women, to keep. Hardcover, illustrated, no less. The story wasn’t so much magic for me as was the character of Jo March. Somehow I knew Jo, I pretended I was her sometimes, and knew I was ...more
More about Wendy Hornsby...

A Maggie MacGowen Mystery (8 books)
  • Telling Lies (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #1)
  • Midnight Baby (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #2)
  • Bad Intent (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #3)
  • 77th Street Requiem (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #4)
  • A Hard Light (A Maggie MacGowen Mystery #5)
  • In the Guise of Mercy