Start by marking “The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance” as Want to Read:
The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance

The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance (Hell on Earth #4.6 (Hell's Fury))

25 unashamedly modern short romances which don't shy away at the bedroom door from romance writers such as Lilith Saintcrow, Louisa Burton, Anna Windsor and Susan Sizemore. This is writing which is more direct, less euphemistic, and frankly accepting of sexuality.
Published July 21st 2011 by Robinson Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance

Mara
Dec 11, 2011 Mara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: romance, dnf
Short stories are difficult to write. They have to be logical, have meaningful characters and plot in a short, short space.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find more than a bunch of novel authors who are good at writing short stories too.

I could not finish at least a third of the stories, I remember even less than those. They either are part of series I do not know (and can't understand in a short story) or they are a prologue to a series (and you have a wtf moment at the end). But honestly I can'
Anastasiya
This is a mixed bag.
Lots of rubbish.
Several nice reads. Those authors I might even look up later.

Jackie Kessler "Hell's Fury" - nice.
Adrianne Brennan "Love Under Will" - enjoyable.
Selah March "Fly by Night" - pretty good.
Justin Elyot "Coming Home" - lovely, for some reason gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Andrea
Dec 20, 2011 Andrea rated it it was ok
This is a collection of ... well really cheesy or weird short stories that I only bought because it included the last chapter of Selene's and Nikolai's story (by Lilith Saintcrow). And even that story was kind of a disappointment... It was well written and fit the characters’ arc, but it was too short and didn't give any emotional closure. Altho, being a story by Lilith Saintcrow, what did I really expect?
Oh, well. The only other story that was any good was by Shiloh Walker. It was very much a
Tasneem
This was an enthralling collection of stories. Some were really good and I really want to read the other stuff by the authors. Others were so so. Not bad as such, but not amazing and not tempting enough to make me go out and buy more by the same authors. However, it is an excellent way to read new writers, to get a sense of their vibe and to see how the genre of hot romance is progressing. Loved it. I enjoyed that I could dip in to the book at a lull in the daily grind.
Melindeeloo
I needed a palate cleanser (short stories always seem to do this for me) and the price dropped enough to make it worth taking a chance

I am sort of scatter shotting my way through this one and happy to find that there are a few paranormals in the mix

I was surprised to find that the story by Saintcrow was a follow-on to her serial story Selene - it was interesting but no HEA for Selene yet, I was hoping for a bit more than a glimmer of a hope of one...

Kate
May 01, 2014 Kate rated it really liked it
These 25 unashamedly modern short romances don't shy away at the bedroom door, from the creme de la creme of contemporary romance writers, including Lilith Saintcrow, Louisa Burton, Susan Sizemore, and more.
Keziah
Oct 16, 2011 Keziah rated it liked it
I read the story i wanted. I wasn't very interested in the rest. the story i wanted wasn't the best either. oh well, you win some you lose some
Hazel
Jan 20, 2012 Hazel added it
I know I read this because I recognise the cover. I suspect it was moderately racy, but I don't actually remember a thing about it (except it was hefty). So, probably not a five-star read. :-)
Sasha Enge
I'm giving this one a 3, souly for the fact that it did not interest me. Hence it kicking around over a month before I was able to finish it.
Amanda
Oct 26, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it
Loved the many short stories! Particularly enjoyed catching up with Selene from Saintcrow's Saint City!
Karen Desmond
Apr 29, 2012 Karen Desmond rated it liked it
A real mix of stories - some about the HEA romance and some more about the hot romance - well actually more about the hot than the romance in some cases.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Dec 01, 2012 Fay Ann Hollcroft rated it really liked it

Not really what I was expecting but OK. Liked 1 really well & 12 others were good out of 25 total stories.
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Grace Mather
Grace Mather rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2014
Dorothy Lee
Dorothy Lee rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2013
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Cassandra Curtis
Cassandra Curtis rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Paige
Paige rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2012
Tracie Runge
Tracie Runge rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2012
God's Eye Galateea
God's Eye Galateea rated it did not like it
Dec 15, 2013
Cassandra Lenhart
Cassandra Lenhart rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2014
Marion
Marion rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Megan Newton
Megan Newton rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2012
Enigma Monkey
Enigma Monkey rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Phil Chibas
Phil Chibas rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Eliza
Eliza rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2013
Ro
Ro rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2012
jac
jac rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2011
Sophia Singh
Sophia Singh rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Tatyana Makarova
Tatyana Makarova rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Legendary Tails II
  • Courts of the Fey
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Seasons of Seduction I
  • Naughty Bits 2: An Anthology of Short Erotic Fiction
  • Bloody Fabulous: Stories of Fantasy and Fashion
  • The Mammoth Book of British Kings & Queens: The Complete Biographical Encyclopedia of the Kings and Queens of Britain (The Mammoth Book Series)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Dreams of the Oasis Volume I
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Tales from the Temple I
  • Wanton Christmas Wishes (includes: Self-Made Men, #1; 93rd Highlanders, #1; Diable Delamere, #2.5)
  • Secrets: Volume 3
  • More Than Magick

Hell on Earth (5 books)
  • Hell's Belles (Hell on Earth, #1)
  • The Road to Hell (Hell on Earth, #2)
  • Hotter Than Hell (Hell on Earth, #3)
  • Hell To Pay
  • A Chance in Hell (Carniepunk)