Start by marking “Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals: Delicious, Primal-Approved Meals You Can Make in Under 30 Minutes” as Want to Read:

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  419 ratings  ·  28 reviews
On the heels of the phenomenal success of The Primal Blueprint Cookbook, and in response to the growing demand for healthy meals that can be made with minimal time and effort, Quick & Easy Meals delivers over 100 mouth-watering recipes with easy-to-follow instructions that will get you in and out of the kitchen in 30-minutes or less. Now the dream of eating satisfying...more
Published March 25th 2011 by Primal Nutrition (first published March 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals

Benjamin Shine
Most of these recipes did not have enough protein; way too starchy/sugary for my metabolic needs.
Ellen
I have marked so many pages that have recipes I want to try. Almost everything looks so delicious. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet but it looks very promising. Also, I'm a sucker for glossy pages.

For those looking for a purely paleo cookbook, some modifications may need to be made. Some recipes call for tamari (just substitute coconut aminos) or rice wine vinegar (not sure what other kind of vinegar to use instead but I'm sure one would work). Also, several recipes use dairy but if you ar...more
Monica
I flipped throught this book while preparing dinner and was in awe. The receipes look so yummy and EASY to prepare. I can hardly wait to get started on making all this yummy food. Of course, I will be avoiding those recipes with fennel and eggplant (bleck) .. lol Also, as mentioned in other reviews, the book isn't 'dairy-free' although you can freely OMIT these items quite easily.

Anyway, if you're familiar with the blood type diet, I am blood typo O and should not indulge in grains, dairy etc (s...more
Peggy
Great recipies for healthy living. Gluten-free, dairy-free,low-carb, grain-free but most important easy and delicious.

You don't have to go out and find out of ordinary ingredient, I had most all on my shelves already. What more could you ask for. Great colorful pictures to get your mouth watering.

Eat healthy and enjoy?

I bought the Kindle version and can see all the color pictures using Kindle for PC reader.
Deodand
I am not a subscriber to the lifestyle this book espouses, but I am trying to reduce the amount of wheat in my diet. This book is a great resource, especially for breakfast ideas. Some of the substitutions won't fly at my house - pureed cauliflower, for example, will never pass my husband's lips. But you don't have to love every recipe in a cookbook to enjoy the book.
Mary
Some really good recipes/ideas that help with my perpetual quest to keep my plate at least half full of vegetables. I borrowed this from the library and while I feel tempted to buy it, I have decided to no longer buy any more cookbooks (no more space!). A good set of quick-to-make recipes with especially good pictures (always helps me visualize the recipe).
Deb
Seeing as how I'm totally in to this new lifestylep - the eating plan, the mind set, the exercise workout, etc. I wanted some good recipes to help with meal menus. I did copy quite a few of these, but there are other books about paleo eating I like better.
Rsoeffker
Decent... The concepts and ideas are pretty good. I find my own creations better tasting, healthier, quicker, and frankly more primal... I'm fairly sure Sission just lent out his brand so this gal can make dough with her goofy cooking. Hope you like mayo...
Lana
This book gives you the best of both worlds: a healthy meal that tastes great and takes 30 minutes or less. Beautiful pictures - the original ingredients plus the final product. Excellent for the cook trying to get the family meal on asap.
Lauren
I was surprised how much fat are in a lot of these recipes but I definitely found some that are lower in fat that I will be making! Made the "pizza frittata" the other night and it was a fun, different kind of breakfast choice for dinner.
stephanie
I love that there are photographs for every recipe. I also love how the ingredients are simple and minimal.
I'll definitely be trying out some more recipes and touching on my reluctance towards water creatures.
Angela Boord
I'm not sure you can really make all these meals in under 30 minutes (especially if small children live in your house), but they're pretty good. An excellent resource for grain-free/gluten-free diets.
Marian
Love this book! And have tried many of the wonderful recipes, however I find it hard to get some of the ingredients here in Ireland! I have no problem getting grass fed beef and pure butter!
Michãel
Way better than the first Primal Blueprint cookbook. Easy, fairly fast recipes. So far all the ones we've tried have been super yummy. Even my kids are eating them!
Mgeis01
Great recipes with good photography. Even my youngest (pre-readers) can help plan our menu by looking at the ingredients pictures for each recipe. Love it!
Amy
Fairly mediocre and nothing awe-inspiring. A decent base for figuring out quick meals for someone who is comfortable concocting in the kitchen.
Alexis
Great book with quick and easy recipes- I use these recipes daily and have also been inspired to create my own or tweak the ones within.
Maureen Flatley
If you're into paleo, this is the book for you. If you're looking for healthy recipes it doesn't get any better than this.
Mattb
My wife has made half the recipes in the book so far, and each has been relatively simple and delicious. Strongly recommend.
Stacey
I use these recipes more than any other primal cookbook I have. I strongly recommend it. They are all very tasty!
Wysterria
A bit disappointing considering it was written by Mark of Mark's Daily Apple. The recipes were mediocre at best.
Huma Rashid
This book has some creative new recipes that I think I'll try soon.
Bunny
Enh, I only grabbed two or three recipes. Not worth a second look.
Jess
Really tasty, easy food for the primally inclined.
Renee
A must have for Paleo cooking.
Lisa
May 30, 2012 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: health
Another great book of recipes.
Monika Gierszewska
Quick and easy paleo recipes
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
  • Make it Paleo: Over 200 Grain Free Recipes For Any Occasion
  • Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen
  • The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook: Breakfasts, Entrées, and More
  • Well Fed: Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat
  • Eat Like a Dinosaur: Recipe and Guidebook for Gluten-Free Kids
  • Everyday Paleo
  • The Paleo Diet Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Paleo Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Beverages
  • Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans
  • Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle
  • Real Food Fermentation: Preserving Whole Fresh Food with Live Cultures in Your Home Kitchen
  • Primal Body, Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and a Longer Life
  • The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body
  • Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great
  • Rich Food Poor Food: Your Grocery Purchasing System
  • Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food
  • The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
  • Perfect Health Diet: Four Steps to Renewed Health, Youthful Vitality, and Long Life
  • Flying Apron's Gluten Free & Vegan Baking Book
The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram Your Genes for Effortless Weight Loss, Vibrant Health, and Boundless Energy The Primal Blueprint Cookbook The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation: A Complete, Step-By-Step, Gene Reprogramming Action Plan The Primal Connection: Follow Your Genetic Blueprint to Health and Happiness Primal Blueprint Fitness