Start by marking “Killing Red” as Want to Read:
Killing Red

Killing Red

3.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  112 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
He's Been Waiting. . . On death row, serial killer Kenneth Lee Grubb has six days to live. His last request? An interview with reporter Alex Chapa. What begins as a dream story soon turns into a nightmare for Alex. For amidst Grubb's taunts and boasts lies the horrific claim that someone is carefully repeating his past crimes. . .

For The Moment. . .

When nine people suddenl
Published June 1st 2009 by Pinnacle Books

To ask other readers questions about Killing Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing Red

Levent Mollamustafaoglu
Serial Killers have always been the interesting theme in crime fiction. "Killing Red" by Henry Perez is using this popular theme. Kenny Lee Grubb is awaiting his execution in Death Row for killing several young children, bur he has had one survivor, Annie Sykes and he has been fixated on her for the last fifteen years.

Alex Chapa is the reporter who has first covered the saga of Annie Skyes at that time and he is still feeling a little bit guilty about the way he portrayed her in his first big-hi
Helene
Jul 22, 2015 Helene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had the makings of a brilliant book, but didn't really live up to it.
The beginning is great. Alex Chapa is asked to conduct an interview with child killer Kenny Grubbs days before his execution. After the interview Alex begins to wonder ( as do the rest of us) what the role of Annie was? Why is Grubbs so insistent she has to die?
Answer you never find out.
During the course of the book and Alex's search for Annie, the characters become very dull and stereotypical.
The last few pages did bring
Kathryn Bain
Dec 28, 2014 Kathryn Bain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good first book by this author. It was a bit slow to start, but that was more, I think, him building up to a good ending. Some repetitive stuff, but overall good writing. Curious to see what he comes up with next.

Loved the FBI character. Great relationship between the lead character and the fed.

Some curse words, but over all not too bad.
Peggy Twigg
Aug 26, 2015 Peggy Twigg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intense mystery/thriller. This book was intense! It's a great mystery/thriller. It has really good characters and an interesting plot. It keeps your attention throughout the book with what's going to happen next and a surprise ending. I wasn't expecting that ending. I would recommend this book for sure.
Kimber Burnett
I found this to be an interesting read. The characters were believable and I felt as if I knew the main characters. I was also surprised at the identity of the antagonist...didn't see that one coming! I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys suspense and to anyone who enjoys a really good story.
Wendy
William
I found it slow. I was interested in reading about serial killers, not down on their luck reporters. I found none of the characters engaging or interesting. It took me forever to finish this as I couldn't get into it.
Katie
May 19, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, mystery
Not bad. I've been in a reading slump all week and honestly if this story hadn't been as good as it was I'd of never finished. Liked the story, loved the main character and the FBI agent. I'll be reading more of this author.
Cheri
Sep 07, 2010 Cheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readandstillown
What a great first novel! I enjoyed the story and the characters. Sure there were a few times when you really had to suspend belief (would someone REALLY do that?), but I enjoyed it, and look forward to more by this author.
Christy Gibbon
Aug 29, 2010 Christy Gibbon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good writing. Keeps you guessing right until the end. I really was beginning to wonder if "Red" was involved with the murders. I could see that being a possibility after what had happened to her as a child.
Donnie Light
Aug 09, 2009 Donnie Light rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Killing Red is a very good book. Tight writing, but not too tight. You really get to know the main characters. Great plot - great writing. I really enjoyed Killing Red.
sallie
Jul 20, 2009 sallie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Just released. Received advanced copy from book giveaway. Debut for author. Defininately will look forward to reading more from this author.
Diane
Apr 25, 2011 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe3.5 I was ready for a mystery/thriller. This book was good but slow in places. But til the end I thought that Red still had a play in murders...not.
Terry
Mar 03, 2014 Terry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was kind of ho-hum for the first
bit. But boy did it get good. I read it
awfully quick. Will be looking to Perez'
next offering!
Fran Watson
little drawn out but all in all a very good book it keeps you pinned to the the end
Rebekkila
I couldn't get into this book.
Becky
Feb 01, 2010 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME BOOK!!!!
Alexis Roy
Alexis Roy rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Joanne Collins
Joanne Collins is currently reading it
Jun 09, 2016
Dan Webster
Dan Webster rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Chuck
Chuck marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Charles
Charles is currently reading it
Mar 08, 2016
Robbert
Robbert rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2016
Jenine Gordon
Jenine Gordon rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Henry Pérez has worked as a newspaper reporter for more than a decade. Born in Cuba, he immigrated to the U.S. at a young age, and lives in the Chicago area with his wife and children.
More about Henry Pérez...