Start by marking “The Beginner's Guide to Insight Meditation” as Want to Read:
The Beginner's Guide to Insight Meditation

The Beginner's Guide to Insight Meditation

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Arinna Weisman and Jean Smith combine clear explanations of the Buddha's teachings on freedom and happiness with their personal stories highlighting some of the challenges and insights of practice. The Beginner's Guide to Insight Meditation offers advice about going on retreat and help in choosing a teacher and a community to practice with. This is an enormously practical ...more
Published May 10th 2010 by Wisdom Publications (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Beginner's Guide to Insight Meditation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beginner's Guide to Insight Meditation

Marjorie
I love this book. It is simultaneously a very practical how-to guide to meditation, an American Buddhist-style self-help book, and an introduction to Buddhist history and philosophy. It really just has it all.
Andrea Laine
I read this in a time in my life when I wasn't comfortable with who I was, where I was or anything in my life.

I was depressed to say the least. I hated everything and every one, most of all myself.

This book changed my life.
Kayleigh
I thought that this was a really helpful and, ahem, insightful book. It really addressed the main points of a Buddhist practice in a clear and concise way that was very accessible.
Mark Gelula
This is a good, basic introduction to Insight Meditation which is a form of Theravada Buddhism.
Holli B
my-books
Rob Rudnicki
Rob Rudnicki marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Kevin
Kevin is currently reading it
Jun 11, 2014
Elsha  Craig
Elsha Craig marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Zach Holmquist
Zach Holmquist marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Kristopher
Kristopher is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013