Start by marking “Essential Edgar Cayce” as Want to Read:
Essential Edgar Cayce

Essential Edgar Cayce

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  8 reviews

A complete guide to the work of the remarkable twentieth-century seer Edgar Cayce, featuring Cayce's most intriguing and influential readings, and a biographical introduction to his life.

Edgar Cayce is one of the most mysterious men of the twentieth century. Sometimes called "The Sleeping Prophet," he was prone to pick up taglines that reflected the sensationalistic side

Published July 8th 2004 by Penguin Group US

To ask other readers questions about Essential Edgar Cayce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Essential Edgar Cayce

I will be exploring this question in my journal later: what are the implications for identity politics of relating the lines of the Lord's Prayer to the 7 chakras? These are the kinds of questions that pop up upon reflecting on the entirety of this book presenting Edgar Cayce's philosophy and advice, because my mind .... has exploded a little bit.

This book introducing Edgar Cayce's life of thought and action has been a new spark in seeing the possibilities in my own life, and how I think about...more
Cyanemi
Kind of a rehash of everything.
Maggie Leivas
I am thoroughly enjoying this book and highly recommend it to anyone who believes they live on this earth for a purpose and that possibly there is more to life than just our flesh and bones in brain.
Luda
Mark Thurston sums up some of the Edgar Cayce’s important readings on various subjects. Great general introduction to the teachings of the man regarded as the great mystic of modern times.
Jen
Wasn't interested enough to finish the book, unfortunately. I'd like to say its my short attention span, but perhaps I just did not gel with the style of writing the author used.
Vali
While I did enjoy reading about Edgar Cayce I have one very troubling question: if Cayce was psychic and knowing, why was he so devoutly Christian?
Ecosgrove1
This is the clearest book I've read on Cayce's readings. Mark Thurston presents all the salient points beautifully.
Maggie Leivas
Enjoying this intriguing book.
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Guernsey Zoo
Guernsey Zoo marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Stacey Scott
Stacey Scott marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Chantil
Chantil is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Rich
Rich added it
Jul 29, 2014
Amelia
Amelia added it
Jul 06, 2014
Jennifer Heikle
Jennifer Heikle marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Alain Jean-baptiste
Alain Jean-baptiste marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Emily Ragsdale
Emily Ragsdale marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Doris Jean
Doris Jean marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Edgar Cayce Handbook for Creating Your Future How to Interpret Your Dreams: Practical Techniques Based on the Edgar Cayce Readings The Great Teachings of Edgar Cayce Edgar Cayce's Predictions for the 21st Century Synchronicity as Spiritual Guidance: All of Life's Working Together to Leave Your Little Hints