Something for Santa

Something for Santa

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  375 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Derek Campbell is working a couple of jobs to help pay off some debts from his mother's illness. One job is playing Santa at Martin's Department Store. On a break he's alone and lamenting the lack of love in his life and that no one really sees him. A small voice tells him that he sees him. Derek looks down to find an elf beside him. Said elf is in need and Derek helps him...more
Published December 11th 2010 by Silver Publishing (first published December 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Something for Santa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something for Santa

Prisoner by Megan DerrThe Christmas Throwaway by R.J. ScottGobsmacked by L.B. GreggBloodraven by P.L. NunnHoliday Outing by Astrid Amara
Best Gay Winter Themed Romance
12th out of 100 books — 78 voters
Bear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDuty & Devotion by Tere MichaelsOne Small Thing by Piper VaughnWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best Gay Books Dealing With Children
94th out of 298 books — 425 voters

More lists with this book...

Deeze
This has to be one of the most perfect Christmas reads.

It has everything you could want. A cute kid, an over worked dad, a lonely guy looking for love, a bitchy female to hate on and an extremely HEA. Its also filled with sugary moments. Lots and lots of sickly sweet goodness lol.

Perfect for getting into the Christmas spirit, as long as you like your Christmas with extra sugary frosting lol.
R.J.
This is so hopelessly christmassy and cute...financially strapped Derek works in a Department store as one of the Christmas Santas, takes his job very seriously and seems to have a real connection with kids and their harried parents. What he wants for himself is someone to see *him*. Someone special. When he meets a young boy, dressed as an elf, little does he know how much his life would change.

It has such a perfect happy ever after, with comeuppance for those that wrong the main characters, an...more
Ami
This story reminds me of the ol' Harlequin m/f romance theme I read when I was in my teens. The setting is so familiar: the ingenue who falls in love with this rich guy's son, soon becomes the rich guy's lover while also caring for the son, as well as the son's wishes to have "someone to make Daddy's happy". Just change the woman in the Harlequin stories into a young man; and then you get this story.

I seriously don't know if this is good or bad; I mean, I used to like that formula of Harlequin...more
Serena Yates
This is a very sweet, very romantic and definitely Christmas-y story.

I loved Derek who tries so hard to earn enough money to pay his deceased mother's medical bills. He's also desperate for some real love and holds on with both hands when he finds it.

Max may be somewhat distracted by his job, but once he starts paying closer attention to what his son needs and sees how Derek can help, there's no stopping him.

And Michael, the little boy who started it all, was simply adorable. Maybe wiser than hi...more
Ann
Pretty standard insta love Christmas story between a handsome rich businessman (Max) and a department store Santa working two jobs to pay off his mothers medical bills (Derek). I can go with the insta love in a Christmas story but I think what didn't work for me was including a kid (Michael) in the insta love equation.

Part of the story was based around the actions of a disgruntled employee of Max's who put his son Michael in danger. Max was feeling guilty because he put Michael in that position...more
Lily
This was a sweet, feel-good story that took me back to my early years of reading romance. Something for Santa reminded me of all those Harlequin Romances I devoured years ago. There's the sweet, cute, really nice but down on his luck guy, the handsome rich man and his oh so cute little boy. Adding in the holiday theme was like adding the icing to a yummy cake. There's a bit of humor in the story as well as some danger surrounding the boy, the sex is hot and the two men quickly fall in love which...more
Lauren
I read this Christmas story in March because I desperately needed something short and sweet to cheer myself up, and holiday stories are usually perfect for that. It definitely managed to put a smile back on my face. Something for Santa was a really cute read and had everything you'd expect from a holiday story. It was a little cheesy in places, but that didn't matter too much to me. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who likes stories about men with children - Michael was an adorable charac...more
Lucy
2.5 As a dedicated lover of sweet and sugary, this was a little too much even for me. Derek is moving in after what, a week or so? Max hires him as a secretary/nanny yet is kissing and going after him right away? And the worst, cute as Michael may be, Tauna kidnapped him and locked him in a closet. She ONLY didn't go further because of the keys. So no, no, no. She is a whacko (like her actions in the police station, still going on about it all) and needed a more realistic consequence.
Adriana
Sickly sweet Christmas novella, with a cute smart kid.
This is super sappy and extra sweet story about a guy struggling with two jobs and a bunch of bill after his mom dies, in a whinny moment he ask Santa for something and he gets it when a little blonde "elf" comes to the rescue.
There's a little bit of Cinderfella in the story, it's likeable and a good Christmas story.
Bookbee
3.5 Stars

Sweet Christmas tale with a really cute little boy! What can I say... I'm a sucker for kids in my fluffy reading!
Gale Stanley
A wonderful feel good story!
Ajax1978
Going through all the books in the Kindle app on my iPad I came across this one and thought Hey, a Christmas story. It's that time of year, right? Well, not technically but my neighbors have already hung wreaths and garland on their porches and several have trees up, so the mood is Christmas around here. I didn't really remember it so went ahead and read it. And then it all came flooding back to me.

This is basically a Hallmark channel Christmas movie in book form. Derek, the short, compact, dow...more
Straysod
I've read a few of AKM Mile's books and didn't mind (even liked) the sickly sweet stories. But this was just painful to read. This book started at 3 stars and was down to 1 star by the time I put it down without even finishing the epilogue and half the last chapter. I don't mind sickly sweet. Some days just call for death-by-saccharin. But the clunky writing style, awful dialogue and absurd plot just totally overwhelm anything else about the story.

I feel bad rating this one so poorly when I've...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Something for Santa was a heartfelt story about a lonely Santa, a lonely dad, and a beautiful boy with a brilliant plan. Not just for Christmas time, this book will leave the reader with a warm, happy feeling any time of the year.

This story was the perfect example of a tender romance. The characters were well rounded and believable. The range of emotion displayed was truly impressive. Dereck was such a warm and caring person, but turned into a protective mama bear when the people he loved were...more
Melanie
This story is so damn sweet it should come with a toothache warning.
It even made me cry, Michael was so adorable.
Cindi
Cute Christmas story about two opposites (Derek and Max) who meet under strange circumstances and fall in love, thanks to a child........ Michael-not-Mike. I fell in love with Michael. But then again, I am a sucker for books with kids in them.

There was no major conflict........ none at all between Derek and Max. There is an issue with Tawna, a former employee of Max, but it was written well and not drawn out.

Everything ended well and quickly, though I'm not quite sure why there was an Epilogue....more
Lexi Ander
Poor Derek is working really hard to pay off bills from his Mother's illness. Santa by day and waiter by night. On break, he laments how he would like a nice man to love and who would see him. He didn't expect to answered by "Michael not Mike". This chance encounter introduces Derek to Michael's father Max and happened to change his life.

I am really glad that I got this. Michael, the little matchmaker, working so hard for his father's happiness. I enjoyed watching it all come together and made a...more
Jade Archer
I was so in the mood for this one...and five stars because I can definitely see myself reading it again next Christmas too. What can I say...two gorgeous guys that not only need each other but are smokin' hot perfect together as well. Of course, the icing on the cake is Michael and the way Derek and Max love him. This little matchmaker steals the book IMO...but in a good way :) A terrible sweet, wonderfully warm Christmas read. Definitely recommended with heartfelt thanks to AKM Miles for a love...more
Shelley
Det
2.5

Too sweet! Had a good start then became too sweet for my taste but not to the point of annoying me because thankfully it was not that long to read. I really like the cute little elf! (=⌒▽⌒=)
Morgana_lefay
Arthur
Edina Rose
This books is 3.5 stars. Not really 4 because there were many issued not addressed, but I think it is because the book was quite short. It is a very sweet story, a feel good one, and it reminded me of Harlequin: the millionaire and the gorgeous, kind, and pure person he falls in love with.

It's christmas, love is in the air!
garnetyuna
I so loved this story! It was so cute and sweet and very Christmas-y :D
I like the characters so much, expecially the lil' Michael <3

Usually it took me some days to finish a book, if it's really interesting, but this time I've read it all in one go. I just couldn't let go of it XD
Jess Candela
Very sweet story, though something about Max and Derek getting romantically involved just as Derek starts working directly for Max kinda squicked me out. Yeah, it helped a little that they discussed it, but somehow it still wasn't quite enough to make me feel entirely comfortable with it.
Portia
This book was so sweet! Derek is working as a Santa just trying to make ends meet. This will be his first Christmas without his mother. All he wants for Christmas is someone who sees him. I will definitely be re-reading this book.
Kerry  sullivan
OMG that was so sickly sweet I think my teeth fell out... It was good though!
Karen K
3.5 - 4 stars.
Sweet holiday story - loveable characters, a little bit of drama, a lot of romantic getting-to-know-you kisses, some hot sex and a more than HEA ending. I liked it a lot.
Dre
3.5 stars. Michael was adorable. The relationship and the story wrap up a little too easily and perfectly for me, but it was a cute, short, easy, holiday read.
Penny
A sweet, but unrealistic Christmas tale. I found the idea charming. The character though didn't feel finished and felt one dimensional. two stars
  • His Christmas Wish (Men of Charlestown, #1)
  • Making His List
  • Inspiration
  • Grand Jeté
  • A Nanny for Nate
  • My Christmas Present
  • Turkey in the Snow
  • I'll Run Away For The Holidays
  • A Trouble Halved
  • Reindeer Games (Reindeer Games, #1)
  • Colin and Martin's First Christmas (Colin and Martin, #1)
  • Daddy, Daddy and Me
  • Bianca's Plan
  • A Lion in Tails (Heartwarming)
  • The Manny
  • Jesse's Christmas
  • Secret Santa Surprise
  • Winter Warmers
Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1) Love, Jamie (Love, #1) For Gom's Sake (Scarcity Sanctuary,  #3) Tommy's Story (Scarcity Sanctuary, #2) Dare To