Start by marking “Something for Santa ” as Want to Read:
Something for Santa

Something for Santa

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  411 ratings  ·  55 reviews
Derek Campbell is working a couple of jobs to help pay off some debts from his mother's illness. One job is playing Santa at Martin's Department Store. On a break he's alone and lamenting the lack of love in his life and that no one really sees him. A small voice tells him that he sees him. Derek looks down to find an elf beside him. Said elf is in need and Derek helps him ...more
Published December 11th 2010 by Silver Publishing (first published December 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Something for Santa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something for Santa

Bear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDuty & Devotion by Tere MichaelsOne Small Thing by Piper VaughnWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best Gay Books Dealing With Children
96th out of 315 books — 454 voters
Prisoner by Megan DerrThe Christmas Throwaway by R.J. ScottGobsmacked by L.B. GreggBloodraven by P.L. NunnHoliday Outing by Astrid Amara
Best Gay Winter Themed Romance
13th out of 101 books — 81 voters

More lists with this book...

Deeze
This has to be one of the most perfect Christmas reads.

It has everything you could want. A cute kid, an over worked dad, a lonely guy looking for love, a bitchy female to hate on and an extremely HEA. Its also filled with sugary moments. Lots and lots of sickly sweet goodness lol.

Perfect for getting into the Christmas spirit, as long as you like your Christmas with extra sugary frosting lol.
Ami
This story reminds me of the ol' Harlequin m/f romance theme I read when I was in my teens. The setting is so familiar: the ingenue who falls in love with this rich guy's son, soon becomes the rich guy's lover while also caring for the son, as well as the son's wishes to have "someone to make Daddy's happy". Just change the woman in the Harlequin stories into a young man; and then you get this story.

I seriously don't know if this is good or bad; I mean, I used to like that formula of Harlequin
R.J.
This is so hopelessly christmassy and cute...financially strapped Derek works in a Department store as one of the Christmas Santas, takes his job very seriously and seems to have a real connection with kids and their harried parents. What he wants for himself is someone to see *him*. Someone special. When he meets a young boy, dressed as an elf, little does he know how much his life would change.

It has such a perfect happy ever after, with comeuppance for those that wrong the main characters, an
Serena Yates
This is a very sweet, very romantic and definitely Christmas-y story.

I loved Derek who tries so hard to earn enough money to pay his deceased mother's medical bills. He's also desperate for some real love and holds on with both hands when he finds it.

Max may be somewhat distracted by his job, but once he starts paying closer attention to what his son needs and sees how Derek can help, there's no stopping him.

And Michael, the little boy who started it all, was simply adorable. Maybe wiser than hi
Pamela Su
Adorable love story between a department store Santa and his boss who has a very supportive little boy.

The romance plot is simple and straightforward. It reminds me of those thin paperback Mills & Boons novels that I loved reading as a teenager. The drama near the end of the book was awkwardly executed and it was there just to add a bit of tension to an otherwise placid story.

The kid in the story (Michael) was pretty cute. I wasn't too annoyed by his presence so I count that as a plus.

So aft
Ann
Pretty standard insta love Christmas story between a handsome rich businessman (Max) and a department store Santa working two jobs to pay off his mothers medical bills (Derek). I can go with the insta love in a Christmas story but I think what didn't work for me was including a kid (Michael) in the insta love equation.

Part of the story was based around the actions of a disgruntled employee of Max's who put his son Michael in danger. Max was feeling guilty because he put Michael in that position
Paul Wright
AKM Miles is one of my "go to" authors when I need a feel-good read. This was not a disappointment. Loved the story and characters :-) what a great Christmas read!
Lily
This was a sweet, feel-good story that took me back to my early years of reading romance. Something for Santa reminded me of all those Harlequin Romances I devoured years ago. There's the sweet, cute, really nice but down on his luck guy, the handsome rich man and his oh so cute little boy. Adding in the holiday theme was like adding the icing to a yummy cake. There's a bit of humor in the story as well as some danger surrounding the boy, the sex is hot and the two men quickly fall in love which ...more
Lauren
I read this Christmas story in March because I desperately needed something short and sweet to cheer myself up, and holiday stories are usually perfect for that. It definitely managed to put a smile back on my face. Something for Santa was a really cute read and had everything you'd expect from a holiday story. It was a little cheesy in places, but that didn't matter too much to me. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who likes stories about men with children - Michael was an adorable charac ...more
Lucy
2.5 As a dedicated lover of sweet and sugary, this was a little too much even for me. Derek is moving in after what, a week or so? Max hires him as a secretary/nanny yet is kissing and going after him right away? And the worst, cute as Michael may be, Tauna kidnapped him and locked him in a closet. She ONLY didn't go further because of the keys. So no, no, no. She is a whacko (like her actions in the police station, still going on about it all) and needed a more realistic consequence.
Adriana
Sickly sweet Christmas novella, with a cute smart kid.
This is super sappy and extra sweet story about a guy struggling with two jobs and a bunch of bill after his mom dies, in a whinny moment he ask Santa for something and he gets it when a little blonde "elf" comes to the rescue.
There's a little bit of Cinderfella in the story, it's likeable and a good Christmas story.
Bookbee
3.5 Stars

Sweet Christmas tale with a really cute little boy! What can I say... I'm a sucker for kids in my fluffy reading!
Gale Stanley
A wonderful feel good story!
Ajax1978
Going through all the books in the Kindle app on my iPad I came across this one and thought Hey, a Christmas story. It's that time of year, right? Well, not technically but my neighbors have already hung wreaths and garland on their porches and several have trees up, so the mood is Christmas around here. I didn't really remember it so went ahead and read it. And then it all came flooding back to me.

This is basically a Hallmark channel Christmas movie in book form. Derek, the short, compact, dow
Straysod
I've read a few of AKM Mile's books and didn't mind (even liked) the sickly sweet stories. But this was just painful to read. This book started at 3 stars and was down to 1 star by the time I put it down without even finishing the epilogue and half the last chapter. I don't mind sickly sweet. Some days just call for death-by-saccharin. But the clunky writing style, awful dialogue and absurd plot just totally overwhelm anything else about the story.

I feel bad rating this one so poorly when I've
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Something for Santa was a heartfelt story about a lonely Santa, a lonely dad, and a beautiful boy with a brilliant plan. Not just for Christmas time, this book will leave the reader with a warm, happy feeling any time of the year.

This story was the perfect example of a tender romance. The characters were well rounded and believable. The range of emotion displayed was truly impressive. Dereck was such a warm and caring person, but turned into a protective mama bear when the people he loved were
Melissa
Nov 09, 2014 Melissa marked it as did-not-finish
I was looking forward to a Christmas-themed read, but while this story started off cute and full of potential, it gradually lost its rhythm and was dragging by the halfway point. Add in a manufactured conflict scene with no suspense (come on, the only thing more ridiculous than the fact that this conflict was presented as omg-this-is-so-dangerous-call-the-police would have been had it actually turned out to be dangerous), and it was a real struggle to turn the page. So I didn't.

DNF at 65%
Carol
Get ready for a sugar overdose! If you want a really sweet love story, with a cute kid and kittens then this is the book for you. If you are prepared to ignore reality, short timeframes (I think it was under 4 weeks from meeting each other to them talking about adopting the kid) and if you can ignore the extraordinary bad luck befalling the MCs then settle in for a cute, heart-warming read.
Phaney
Dec 10, 2014 Phaney rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2014 Re-read:

A very mellow story without any real friction. In other words, just the thing to soothe my soul after that last book I read (which still haunts me, by the way) and take my mind a little off other worries.
Sure, this is not an exciting book by a long shot, but it did its mushy job for me.
Dutchgirl
Dancing with the boss after a sort of job interview :)

Quick, easy and happy Christmas read with little angst.
Cindi
Cute Christmas story about two opposites (Derek and Max) who meet under strange circumstances and fall in love, thanks to a child........ Michael-not-Mike. I fell in love with Michael. But then again, I am a sucker for books with kids in them.

There was no major conflict........ none at all between Derek and Max. There is an issue with Tawna, a former employee of Max, but it was written well and not drawn out.

Everything ended well and quickly, though I'm not quite sure why there was an Epilogue.
Lexi Ander
Poor Derek is working really hard to pay off bills from his Mother's illness. Santa by day and waiter by night. On break, he laments how he would like a nice man to love and who would see him. He didn't expect to answered by "Michael not Mike". This chance encounter introduces Derek to Michael's father Max and happened to change his life.

I am really glad that I got this. Michael, the little matchmaker, working so hard for his father's happiness. I enjoyed watching it all come together and made a
Jade Archer
I was so in the mood for this one...and five stars because I can definitely see myself reading it again next Christmas too. What can I say...two gorgeous guys that not only need each other but are smokin' hot perfect together as well. Of course, the icing on the cake is Michael and the way Derek and Max love him. This little matchmaker steals the book IMO...but in a good way :) A terrible sweet, wonderfully warm Christmas read. Definitely recommended with heartfelt thanks to AKM Miles for a love ...more
Shelley
Det
2.5

Too sweet! Had a good start then became too sweet for my taste but not to the point of annoying me because thankfully it was not that long to read. I really like the cute little elf! (=⌒▽⌒=)
Morgana_lefay
Arthur
Edina Rose
This books is 3.5 stars. Not really 4 because there were many issued not addressed, but I think it is because the book was quite short. It is a very sweet story, a feel good one, and it reminded me of Harlequin: the millionaire and the gorgeous, kind, and pure person he falls in love with.

It's christmas, love is in the air!
garnetyuna
I so loved this story! It was so cute and sweet and very Christmas-y :D
I like the characters so much, expecially the lil' Michael <3

Usually it took me some days to finish a book, if it's really interesting, but this time I've read it all in one go. I just couldn't let go of it XD
Jess Candela
Very sweet story, though something about Max and Derek getting romantically involved just as Derek starts working directly for Max kinda squicked me out. Yeah, it helped a little that they discussed it, but somehow it still wasn't quite enough to make me feel entirely comfortable with it.
  • His Christmas Wish (Men of Charlestown, #1)
  • Making His List
  • Bianca's Plan
  • Inspiration
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
  • Grand Jeté
  • The Christmas Throwaway
  • Reindeer Games (Reindeer Games, #1)
  • A Nanny for Nate
  • I'll Run Away For The Holidays
  • What Child Is This? (Crossing Borders, #2)
  • A Trouble Halved
  • The Manny
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • In Another Life & Eight Days
  • Daddy, Daddy and Me
  • I Don't: A Christmas Wish
  • Joys R Us
Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1) Love, Jamie (Love, #1) For Gom's Sake (Scarcity Sanctuary,  #3) Tommy's Story (Scarcity Sanctuary, #2) Dare To