Start by marking “Scritch-Scratch a Perfect Match” as Want to Read:
Scritch-Scratch a Perfect Match

Scritch-Scratch a Perfect Match

FLIT-FLIT flapped the flea in the scruffy dog's hair. "AAROOF!" howled the stray as he jumped in the air.

AWOOMPH was the sound as he dropped like a sack, landing THUD! "OH CRUD!" on an old man's back.

How can something so tiny cause so much havoc? When a flea jumps onto a stray dog, causing the dog to jump on a lonely man, the race is on to find flea powder fast! A little i
Published April 14th 2011 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Scritch-Scratch a Perfect Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scritch-Scratch a Perfect Match

Nielson
Oct 11, 2011 Nielson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books, poetry
LOVED this book! ZIP-ZANG-WHABANG! How can something so tiny cause so much chaos?! When a little bitty flea lands on a stray dog, chaos ensues until the magic flea powder is found. Luckily that little flea has a knack for bringing together new friends!
Not only am I completely crazy about the zany illustrations, but the author makes this such an exciting book to read with all of the ZIP! ZANGS! and WHABANGS! The rhyming flows well and the onomatopoeia adds flavor to the story. This book is the p
Tom
Jun 17, 2011 Tom rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-stuff
A story corner choice: I really liked this book, lots of rhymes, a fun fast paced story, and a dog getting an owner while losing a flea. Also, the flea ends up on a cat, so bonus points for teaching kids that dogs are way better. Neat onomatopoeia too. Very fun read.
Relyn
May 28, 2015 Relyn rated it liked it
I began doing GoodReads as a digital version of my own book journals. I thought this would be a fun way to keep track of my reading. I enjoy writing up my thoughts as I finish each book. As a teacher and a bookworm, I read so many books. My reviews help me keep track of what I want to use again in my classroom as well as creating a very bookish personal history. I also use it to create my annual Best Books post on my blog, too. (www.comesitbymyfire.blogspot.com)

Some time ago I discovered the Go
Treasure
Dec 23, 2011 Treasure rated it liked it
Full of onomatopoeia, this messy romp of a picture book follows a stray dog that gets an itchy flea bite. The dog ends up landing on a man and the story progresses catastrophically from there. In the end, the man decides he needs to adopt the dog, and the flea ends up landing on a stray cat, who then lands on a lady, leaving readers to guess that the pattern will repeat itself. While the story is very cute, it moves so quickly that it is hard to keep up with the action and to really feel ...more
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Nov 23, 2011 Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance rated it really liked it
A flea lands on a stray dog. The dog falls into an old man and they both race for relief to a general store. They discover flea powder and off goes the flea. It finds a new home on a cat who bumps into a woman, and the two make way for the general store in search of relief.

Zany illustrations with fun rhyming text.

“’Aaah-roo,’ signed the dog when the flea powder fell.

‘Kachoo!’ sneezed the flea. ‘That’s a job done well!’”

Dolly
Jul 12, 2016 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun tale that features comical illustrations, a rhyming poetic narrative, and lots of humorous onomatopoeia that really make it a treat to read aloud. We enjoyed reading this story together.
Kenzie
Nov 19, 2013 Kenzie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone with children
Shelves: childrens
A rare children's book that combines rollicking, fun to read text with awesome illustrations. Both my boys and I enjoyed this one, and we'll be adding it to our personal library, giving it the highest honor a book can get from us!
Judy Robison
May 04, 2012 Judy Robison rated it really liked it
Scritch-Scratch is full on action, vocabulary, sound effects and fun. All kids who have a furry pet can relate to the flea-dog relationship of the dog and flea in this story. This is a good read aloud and would be a good story starter for writing.
Jenilyn Willis
This book was cute. I enjoyed the rhyming scheme and I think children would too. It was also a little silly, which kids always like. I also liked the theme of friendship, and how the dog ended up getting an owner in the end all because of the flea.
Ardis
Jun 15, 2012 Ardis rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, picture-books
cute, nice cadence to the words, but not as good as Miriam Moss' "Scritch Scratch" book about headlice run amok in a classroom.
Sandy Brehl
May 15, 2012 Sandy Brehl rated it really liked it
How much harm can one little flea cause, really? You can't even imagine, not to mention the onomatopoeia, the zany images, the unlikely encounters, and the surprisingly satisfying conclusion.
Gretchen
Absolutely loved this story and the illustrations. It was fun to read aloud, and my toddler adored it.
Melissa
Aug 29, 2011 Melissa rated it liked it
Bouncy rhyme, not quite perfect meter all the way through but pretty good, haven't tried reading it out loud yet. Good ending!
Kristen
Good for onomatopoeia, and fun to pair with "Old Black Fly". The beat didn't always fit perfectly, but the humor was great.
Jean-Marie
Jean-Marie rated it liked it
May 27, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Greta
Greta rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2011
Nikki Overlin
Nikki Overlin rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2014
The Library Lady
The Library Lady rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2011
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2012
Jess Himmelheber
Jess Himmelheber rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2014
Dee6265
Dee6265 rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2012
Neus
Neus rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Anna Milan
Anna Milan rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2015