Start by marking “Lady of Seduction (The Daughters of Erin, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lady of Seduction (The Daughters of Erin, #3)

Lady of Seduction (The Daughters of Erin #3)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  35 reviews
It's a mad, ill-advised journey that leads the usually sensible Lady Caroline Blacknall to the legendary isle of Muirin Inish, off the windswept coast of Ireland. Even so, she doesn't expect to find herself shipwrecked and then rescued by a man she believed she would never see again. A man who, long ago, held her life in his hands . . . and with it, her heart.

Reformed rake
Mass Market Paperback, 325 pages
Published June 1st 2011 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Lady of Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady of Seduction

Juliana
Lady of Seduction is my first book by Laurel McKee and having read the summary, I was prepared to adore it. It had elements I love in a romance: a scarred and tortured hero, a bookish and loner-type heroine, and a secluded island in Ireland, which to me equaled character-driven plot and lots of quality one-on-one time. As my rating shows, it did not at all live up to my expectations and I ended up having trouble finishing it: I read four other books between starting and finishing this one – not ...more
Mary Gramlich
LADY OF SEDUCTION written by Laurel McKee
Daughters of Erin Series Book #3
06/11 - Grand Central Publishing - Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

Is love the ultimate leap of faith out of your safety net?

Lady Caroline Blacknall may be the youngest but she is also the strongest and most tenacious of the sisters. She decides to get on a ship in the worst of traveling season to find her way to Sir Grant Dunmore and his isolated island so that he will give up what she craves the most in life – The Chroni
Laurie Garrison
My first Laurel McKee book and I really enjoyed it. I loved the setting, the storyline was fantastic and so is the writing style of the author. I know I will be going back to read the first two books because I do believe I missed out on some things in the story. You get suspense, danger, secrets, and some smoking hot sex because these to go at it right of the bat. I believe the author done her homework research in writing this book it shows out nicely.

I recommend anyone to start at book one bec
Angelc
4.5 Stars

I loved this book so much! I loved the romantic setting of a deserted island, a creepy old castle, and a loner hero. Grant was a former society favorite who became scarred and transformed from a dandy to an almost hermit like lifestyle.

I liked that the heroine was older and more experienced. That's always a refreshing change. Caroline seemed so strong in her own right without being 'feisty' or 'stubborn' or any of those other over-used descriptions of a historical romance heroine.

I real
Maldivianbookreviewer
My first Laurel McKee turned out to be the 3rd book in her Daughters of Erin trilogy which tells the story of the youngest daughter Caroline Blacknell who finds her happily ever after with Grant Dunmore with whom she has a shared past prior to the start of this book.

Set in Ireland in the 1800's, Lady of Seduction begins in the midst of the journey that Caroline makes to reach the forbidding island of Muirin Inish to seek out Grant because she wants to get her hands on a book that is in his posse
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Caroline is a young widow on an adventure. She travels to the isle of Muirin Inish, to find an ancient book and Grant, the man who has it. Before she married, Caroline knew there was something between her and Grant. But when he was badly burned in a fire, he moved away and she went on with her life. Now, on the island, her feelings come rushing back. Only, she is no longer an innocent virgin. She finally understands the passion she is feeling and wants to act on it.

Grant has changed a great deal
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Lady Caroline Hartley sets off on a mad, secret journey to windswept Muirin Inish, an island off the Irish coast, ostensibly to find an ancient manuscript, but also to find the man she's never been able to forget...Grant Dunmore.

The recently widowed and youngest Blacknall sister, bookish Caroline finds herself shipwrecked, and then rescued by the very man she was traveling to see. Grant Dunmore carries the bedraggled Caroline to his island castle where she is bathed, fed, and given clean clothi
Kimm
Books are meant to swing a reader’s emotions up and down as they follow along with the story. Suspense and drama tease our minds, committing us to the characters on the page. Lady of Seduction doesn’t hold anything back from the first page forward. The opening scene is rather dramatic as we first meet our heroine in the midst of being shipwrecked and almost drowned at sea. Fortunately for Lady Caroline, she’s pointed herself in enough of the right direction to land in the arms of Sir Grant – the ...more
Jessica
As the second Irish romance I've ever read, I'm starting to think I've been missing out on an amazing genre! I was really intrigued by the opening scene, when Caroline's ship is caught in a terrible storm and she is thrown out to sea. But of course, the heroine can't die in the first chapter, so the handsome Grant Dunmore is there to save her! And I fell in love with Grant from the first moment he was mention. He is a brooding, angry Irish man who has made many mistakes in his past. Despite tryi ...more
Book Binge
Apr 23, 2012 Book Binge marked it as to-read
Shelves: for-review
Caroline had one experience with Sir Grant Dunsmore when he kidnapped her but she seemed to bond with him in some strange way. Since that time, 4 years, she’s not been able to get the man out of her head. Telling herself that she’s going to see him on his desolate island to see a book, when she’s really going to see him, she heads off to his island home. But when she gets there things are not as she thought they would be. There are rumors of ghosts in his castle and the townspeople are more than ...more
Daisy
I was disappointed with this book. I was expecting wonderful tension and throughout the book I thought he would leave her only to realise he loved her (those kind of scenes always make me cry) and come running back. And none of this happened...

I mean, I love those kinds of historical romances when there's a lot of tension and secret glances and reputation-compromising meetings in darkly lit rooms and such. I LOVE those moments. And then they kiss and try to fight the attraction and there are thi
Melanie
I reviewed this book for Romance Reader At Heart website.

RRAH's THOUGHTS AND PONDERINGS:

Caroline Blacknall is a young widow on a quest. She's in a search of a rare copy of `The Chronicle of Kildare'. She knows Grant has it, but can she talk him into giving it to her, so that at last she'll be able to finish the book she always dreamed of writing?

Sir Grant Dunmore was known to the ton as one of the most charming and sought after bachelors in London. It only took him one night and one mistake t
Rose May
Note: This review, and all my reviews, comes from my blog - Romantic Rose's Bookshelf (http://romantic-rosesblog.blogspot.com)

Book 3 in the Daughters of Erin Series

Caroline Blacknall is the youngest sister in our trio from the Daughters of Erin series, and she’s the adorable bookish bluestocking. Marriage to her first husband at seventeen was for totally practical reasons (a.k.a. the use of his extensive library), but he died two years later leaving her a lovely young widow. Now, at age twenty,
Lisa Jo
Lady of Seduction is a great concluding tale to the Daughters of Erin series. Fantastic characters and a wonderful romance make this novel a great read.

Sir Grant Dunmore never thought he would see Lady Caroline Blacknall again. Yet here she is, shipwrecked and on the shore of his exotic isle, Muirin Inish, to capture his heart once again. Grant once endangered the life of Lady Caroline in an attempt to win a marriage to her sister Anne. That was long ago and while times have changed, so has Gran
Gaby
Lady of Seduction, Book Three of the Daughters of Erin series, by Laurel McKee revisits the widowed Lady Caroline Blacknall, a bluestocking and one of the famously independent and beautiful sisters has taken a dangerous sea voyage to find the reclusive Sir Grant Dunmore.

The two have a history from when Grant had wanted to marry Caro's sister Anna and had taken reckless, dangerous steps to get her attention. Grant's plan backfired through he tried to undo the damage, the incident left him permane
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Ivelisse
Review copy provided by NetGalley

At the start of this book, I was a bit lost; I felt like I was missing something. It wasn’t till the end of the book that I realized it was the third book and final in the Daughters of Erin series. Besides that fact I really did enjoy this read. It is a historical and the author has a wonderful way of describing the landscape making you feel like you are right there in Ireland.

The hero Grant Dunmore is a tortured soul, which I love, who was bu
Pam
This book is the third in a series, but it’s not necessary to read the other two first. The story takes place in Ireland in the early 1800s. Caroline is a widow, who is in love with libraries, books, and the history of Ireland. In fact, she is recording Ireland’s history and there is one rare book in particular that she needs. Caroline knows that Grant Dunmore, who lives on the island of Muirin Inish, has a copy of this book.

Grant and Caroline have a little bit of an unusual history together, bu
Lisarenee
Photobucket

Join me July 18th on my blog, Seduced By A Book, where I will be giving away a copy of this book, along with two other books in a giveaway.

"I haven't even started learning who I might be." he had told her as they sat together in that freezing warehouse, kidnapper and captive bound together in the moments before the inferno. Bound together by an understanding that was strange and deep.

Several years ago Lady Caroline Blacknall had been kidnapped by Sir Grant Dunmore. In a plan to kidnap Caroli
April
RATING: 4.5)LADY OF SEDUCTION by Laurel McKee is an awesome historical romance set in 1803 off the coast of Ireland and England. It is an awesome conclusion to the " Daughters of Erin Trilogy", but can be read as a stand alone. The others in the series are #1 " Countes of Scandal" and #2 " Duchess of Sin".All three of these are an awesome triology. "Lady of Seduction" has romance, sweet sensuality,senusal tension,love, danger,adventure,letting go of the past,a shipwreck,a rescue,forgiveness,
past
BRNTerri
Jen
As much as I wanted to love the characters of this book, something kept holding me back. Maybe it was Caroline's desperation in clinging to Grant Dunmore, or perhaps it was Grant's unwavering cold mask. Whatever it was, with just some slight tweaks, this book could have been one of my favorites.

First, I must say I love the setting. It's entirely unusual to find a historical romance set anywhere other than Scotland or England these days, and this one was wonderfully set on the fictional island of
Barbara Ell
It was an OK book. I wanted to see what made Caroline want to pursue Grant; she didn't seem to know either. I tried to figure out why Grant seemed to tolerate Caroline; he couldn't figure it out either. I really wanted this to be their story, but they wanted to go back to Grant trying to kidnap Caroline's sister or the fire at the warehouse, both of which apparently occurred in an earlier book.

There were parts where Caroline would tell Irish folklore. The first sentence or two were really lyrica
Cheryl
I've really enjoyed reading this series -the setting was different (in Ireland and in the midst of war), and I'm happy to have read a new-to-me author! I'll definitely look more by Laurel McKee in the future.

This third book in the Daughters of Erin trilogy was very good for about the first 1/3 of the book.. then it sort of fell flat for me. I got bored and just wanted to finish the book so I could move on. Pity, because I really liked the hero and heroine -a former handsome rakish man that suffe
Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)
I’m reviewing this for NetGalley.

Laurel McKee concludes her popular Daughters of Erin trilogy with Caroline Blacknall’s story in Lady of Seduction. The story begins with Caroline being rescued by Sir Grant Dunmore when the small fishing boat she is on is damaged in a storm and she is swept into the sea. When Grant manages to get Caroline safely to shore, he is surprised that he knows her. Grant and Caroline become engaged in an exciting and dangerous adventure as they get reacquainted. A loving
Heather
Dashing Irish Intrigue!

Lady of Seduction is the third and last story in the Daughters of Erin Trilogy and was my favorite novel in the trilogy. It begins with heroine Caroline Blacknall, a young Irish widow and scholar, fighting her way out of a shipwreck to reach her goal of fictional island Muirin Inish to research documents and the action never lets up from there. I particularly loved the well-done gothic atmosphere of the first part of the book.

The romance with Sir Grant Dunmore continues ac
June
I've enjoyed this series and looked forward to this last book in the Erin Trilogy.

I really liked the fact that Laurel McKee used the villian from book 2 for the hero of this book. It was a wild and romantic setting with a little bit of a gothic feel to the story. I especially like the mystery behind it all. I was very intrigued by Grant's "new" rugged looks. I also liked that time and circumstance as well as loneliness (with lots of time to think) and location brought about a significantly good
Pauline
Un troisième tome très réussit !
J'ai adoré Grant ! Il était le "méchant" du tome deux et on le découvre torturé en pleine rédemption. J'aime beaucoup ces livres ou le "méchant" n'est pas si méchant et ou on apprend a le connaître et a comprendre ses motivations.
Caroline est très saine et à les pieds sur terre (un peu trop parfois) et elle va ici s'autoriser a vivre vraiment pour la première fois. Elle n'a jamais pu oublié Grant et les sentiments qu'il lui inspirait.
C'est une très belle romanc
Jo (My House of Books)

What an exciting ending to a trilogy! It's rare that I enjoy subsequent books more than the first of a series, but Lady of Seduction really kept me on my toes. There's nonstop action and revolutionary plots in keeping with the Irish Rebellion and its fallout, and the you-save-me-I-save-you to and fro between Caroline and Grant is superb. On top of all that, they have great chemistry with one another. Lady of Seduction has everything a romance lover could want!
Chary
I got this novel for free in the Goodreads Giveaway. It has being an entertaining experience ( I do not normally read romantic novels). Apart from the love story...I like that I learn a few facts about Ireland history.
Mary
The third in the Daughers of Erin trilogy, and loved this one, too! If you love Ireland, and its history, then I highly recommend this romance series.
  • The Dragon and the Pearl (Tang Dynasty, #2)
  • A Marriage of Inconvenience (The Arringtons and Wright-Gordons, #1)
  • The Pleasure Garden
  • The Perfect Scandal (Scandal, #3)
  • Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel (Highland Warriors, #2)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • Guarding a Notorious Lady (Devine & Friends, #3)
  • Catch Me
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Confessions of an Improper Bride (Donovan Sisters, #1)
  • Seduction & Scandal (The Brethren Guardians, #1)
  • The Bargain Bride
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Her Kind of Trouble
  • Ripe for Pleasure (The League of Second Sons, #1)
  • Notorious (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #4)
  • Desire Me (The Legend Hunters, #2)
Laurel McKee is the pen name for regency romance writer Amanda McCabe.

Amanda wrote her first romance at the age of sixteen--a vast historical epic starring all her friends as the characters, written secretly during algebra class (and her parents wondered why math was not her strongest subject...)

She's never since used algebra, but her books have been nominated for many awards, including the RITA A
More about Laurel McKee...

The Daughters of Erin (3 books)
  • Countess of Scandal (The Daughters of Erin, #1)
  • Duchess of Sin (The Daughters of Erin, #2)
One Naughty Night (The Scandalous St. Claires, #1) Countess of Scandal (The Daughters of Erin, #1) Duchess of Sin (The Daughters of Erin, #2) Two Sinful Secrets (The Scandalous St. Claires, #2)