Start by marking “Three” as Want to Read:

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  22,807 ratings  ·  1,358 reviews
The award-winning, best-selling suspense masterwork, now a major motion picture event.

Enter a world where nothing is what it seems. Where your closest friend could be your greatest enemy.

Kevin Parson is alone in his car when his cell phone rings. A man calling himself Slater offers a deadly ultimatum: "You have exactly three minutes to confess your sin to the world. Refuse
Published October 1st 2004 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Three, please sign up.

Ruth Sophia I think the book is good for one really good read. However, if thrillers are your standard fare it might be easier to guess the ending - I'm not sure.…moreI think the book is good for one really good read. However, if thrillers are your standard fare it might be easier to guess the ending - I'm not sure. I definitely enjoyed it & didn't want to put it down. (less)

Nov 05, 2010 j marked it as to-not-read-ever  ·  review of another edition
Robert Beveridge
Ted Dekker, Thr3e (Thomas Nelson, 2003)

Going into this book and knowing it was “Christian fiction”, I really have to admit I didn't expect a great deal (read: anything) from it. There are really, really good Christian writers, but in general, they are writers who happen to be Christian (Madeleine L'Engle is an obvious example, as is Francois Mauriac); as with every other type of message, the really good ones just kind of let the message come through subconsciously and don't beat the reader over
I picked up this book because I love thrillers and after reading the synopsis I thought I'd give it a try. What a mistake. I can't figure out how this could be considered a thriller. It was such a boring book but I kept hoping. The book dragged on and on, focusing on details that were not only unnecessary but also dragged out the tale needlessly. You could tell the author was trying to create and build suspense everytime it got around to finding the "bomb", but it was just laughable. About two-t ...more
Franco  Santos
-La maldad está fuera del alcance del Hombre.
-¿Pero puede un hombre ponerse personalmente fuera del alcance del mal?

El primer libro que leo de autoría plena de Dekker. Me gustó mucho. Me hizo acordar a El psicoanalista, de John Katzenbach.

Empieza muy bien. Ya en la primera página el autor nos salpica con el trasfondo del libro: la lucha entre el Bien y el Mal.

Es una novela intensa. Es un libro que me puso nervioso y me hizo sentir la adrenalina que vive el protagonista.

Algo negativo que tengo
I really enjoyed this book. It was the first book that I read of Ted Dekker's, and I was so impressed with his knowledge and writing techniques. The story is thrilling and was a perfect page turner for my husband (who isn't an avid reader) and me. And I LOVE the ending...big twist.
Mike (the Paladin)
Let me open for those of you who don't know me by saying, I'm a Christian. I read a lot and am always on the look out for good fiction. I also like good Christian fiction. Ted Dekker has written several books and is a very popular writer and I wish him the best. If you're his fan and I see he has many more power to you and I'm happy for you. I see many liked this book.

This is the fourth book I've read (tried to read) by Mr. Dekker. I am forced to the conclusion that I'm just not going to be a Te
One of the smartest things I've read.
My Dekker-fangirl-heart needs a reread <3
Apr 05, 2009 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sarah by: members of Mom's book club
Based on reading Thr3e, I'd say that Ted Dekker is an excellent storyteller, but not the greatest writer.

I couldn't put the book down when I was reading it because the story was so intense and gripping. I had to know what happened next... and "what happened next" totally blind-sided me. I never saw it coming. If you're looking for a great suspense/mystery/thriller story that's clean but not preachy, this one does it for the Christian and non-Christian alike.

However, the whole time I was reading
4 Stars

Wow! My brain could not comprehend that ending at all!

This book is purely psychological and keeps you guessing about good and evil to the very end. This is a must read for those who love suspense, because I kept wondering, "What is the secret!!???" And when it was finally revealed, I just sat there with my mouth hanging open. It was hinted at, but too many clues in the book indicated otherwise.

I think I have become a new fan of Mr. Dekker.
S. Harrell
Sep 24, 2007 Jessica rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 16 And Up
It was thrilling, amazing, edge-of-your-seat thriller!!!! I couldn't put it down, I read it till late at night, and then had trouble sleeping! :D
I can't tell much of the plot, for that would give the story away, but here's a brief bit from

Imagine answering your cell phone to hear a stranger's voice issuing a chilling threat: You have three minutes to confess your sin, or he'll blow your car to smithereens. You pull over and flee just in time---but the threats
Jesse Blazewicz
I picked this book up because I liked the cover (at the time it was just white with the word Thr3e on it). (Yeah, I judged....) but as soon as I started reading it I was instantly hooked. It was incredibly suspenseful, but not scary. I was on a hunt after I finished for more by him, he is an AMAZING author. I found out later he was actually deemed a Christian book author, and yet I would have never known based on the books. They are not preachy or faith oriented at all, which is a good thing. Gi ...more
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Jun 22, 2011 Lisa (Harmonybites) rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those Desperate for a Thriller Without Sex or Swear Words
I read this because it was recommended on The Ultimate Reading List, which I've been working through. It was listed in the "Inspirational Fiction" section (the Christian Fiction) section, but one of the fairly good things about it is it's not at all preachy even though the man-in-peril in this one, Keven Parson, is a seminary student. The bad thing though is that its basically a routine suspense/thriller with a twist--that... Well, I didn't see it coming, but once it arrived I rolled my eyes, be ...more
French Giant
I can only hope that my one star rating will help nudge this book's overall rating below a 4 because as it stands now (4.02) it is severely inflated and misleading...So much so that initially I had no doubt in my mind that I would find some level of enjoyment in the book. My dear Goodreads friends, this is the first time you have lead me astray.

I'm not a book snob by any means, and typically I can find at least something enjoyable with each book I crack open, but this is by far the worst book I
Oh Brenda, oh Brenda at WV Stitcher, you reminded me not to judge a book by its cover. I would have bypassed this book because the cover's too freakin' scary!! But you were so kind to offer it to me and since it traveled over 3,000 miles to get to me and three being one of my favorite numbers, well, I took a deep breath and avoided looking at the cover as much as possible.

Wow, talk about edge of your seat thrilling! I was hooked from the beginning. My heart rate finally went down during the init
Wow what a roller coaster of a ride. The beginning reminded me so much of the movie speed. But that ending I still can't believe it! Great read and I will certainly try another Ted Dekker book.
ok to start I had high high hoping going into this and honestly first CD (more on that later) I couldn't stop listening alas here I am.

As going to review I currently have a yearly dose of conjunctivitis that I'm often plagued with but my love of reading isn't effected because (as said about CD) I have this book on audio but four disc's in and I'm sorry but I truly can't take another second.

The guy reading this book has the worse reading voice I've EVER heard, he's reading it in a very low droopy
I have a lot of pet peeves in literature, and this book hits a few:

One is foreshadowing the ending by telling you exactly what it is several hundred pages before it happens. So having a character say "Wouldn't it be crazy if...?!" and then telling you what happens 200 pages before the end just doesn't work for me. yes, that would have been crazy if it came out of nowhere, but it didn't.

PG books with R-rated subjects. Like if there's a dangerous psychopath on the loose with serious anger and cont
I'm struggling writing this book review. I'm struggling with my decision to not finish the book. I wanted so badly to love this book - to even LIKE it, but it failed me. Or I failed it. I'm not sure. The book starts out with a brief and shallow discussion on the nature of evil in mankind. I think this was meant to be a foreshadowing device, but there was nothing profound in the discussion so nothing resonated or stuck with me. Right away we're thrown into some action by immediately being introdu ...more

Tuve buenos y malos momentos con este libro. Es un buen thriller, que empieza muy bien y muy intenso, pero que a la mitdad del libro decae un poco. Creo que con unas páginas menos hubiera estado mejor.

Aún así, "la resolución" levanta mucho porque cuando crees que resolviste el misterio, hay una vuelta de tuerca más y el escritor demuestra que el dió todas las pistas necesarias, solo que no nos dimos cuenta de lo que realmen
Lyric Powers
Feb 11, 2009 Lyric Powers rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
If I could give this book 0 stars, I would. It was given to me in a box of random paperbacks and I'm very glad I didn't pay for it. I can say without doubt that this is the worst book that I have ever read. The writing is substandard and the plot is entirely predictable and completely unoriginal. Like other reviewers, I read it all in one night, but not because I found the book compelling or gripping, it was just plain easy to read and I was bored. And I was even more bored when I finished. I wo ...more
J.S. Bailey

How does Ted think of these things? My head is still spinning. And spinning and spinning and spinning.

I won't go into plot details here since I'm sure other reviewers already have, but let's just say that I did NOT expect the ending to be what it was. I highly recommend Thr3e to those who love gripping suspense. Actually, I don't think "gripping" is a strong enough word. I read this thing in two days, and it usually takes me a week or so to get through a novel. Whew.
N.N. Light
This was my first book with Ted Dekker even though I have heard about his masterful storytelling for years. I loved the premise behind this book.

Kevin Parson is driving in his car when a man calling himself Slater calls his cell phone. He threatens Kevin and tells him he has exactly three minutes or his car is going to blow up.

Thus begins one of the best thrillers I have ever read. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and with each plot twist, my reader heart trembled. Who is Slater? Why
La historia es entretenida y, como la mayoría de los thrillers, me mantuvo interesado en la lectura hasta el final, intentando adivinar cuál sería

Mi problema con el libro es que lo sentí mal escrito. Primero pensé que sería algo atribuible a una mala traducción, pero ya leí aquí en Goodreads otras reseñas en inglés comentando que la prosa no era mayor cosa.

Aunque más allá de la prosa y diálogos entre niños hablando como adultos (la conversación entre Kevin y Samantha sobre Balinda cuando acabab
This is a great suspense book with many twist and turns. It constantly has you on the edge of your seat and you never know what is going to happen next. Its one of those books that has you thinking about it over and over even after you have finished the book. Great writing and great suspense. I highly recommend it.
Janie Johnson
I read this book about 2 years ago, and I think it is time for a reread. This is a Ted Dekker classic novel! Has a great twist that you would never suspect. I love that about Dekker. He is able to throw in the twists and make them totally exasperating!
Huda Ahmed
Unexpected novel events.
That's what i liked about it.
Although it wasn't that breathtaking horror i wanted and i felt bored in the middle, but i liked the idea so much. Actually it is brilliant !
My first English novel :)
Katie Herrin
This book was full of twist, turns, and plotting! Very entertaining and I wish Dr. Nate would hurry up and read it because i'm going to need it back by the end of this month!
edited. such gimmicky. much dan brown-ish. but i still remember the excitement so yeah...
Megan Smith
Thr3e will grip you from the very beginning. It pulls you into the story, running for your life. As the game continues, you puzzle along with Kevin about the mysterious riddles, wonder who Slater might really be, and who will figure it out.

It was a fascinating read, and the end was not what I had expected in the least! It took me completely by surprise.

In a lot of ways, this book was disturbing, but not always in a bad way. It challenged me to think deeply.

Ted Dekker is a very talented author
  • Monster
  • Dominion (Ollie Chandler #2)
  • Never Let You Go
  • The Knight (The Patrick Bowers Files, #3)
  • Shoofly Pie (Bug Man, #1)
  • Comes a Horseman
  • Demon: A Memoir
  • Waking Lazarus
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
More about Ted Dekker...
Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle, #1) White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle, #3) Red: The Heroic Rescue (The Circle, #2) Green: The Beginning and the End (The Circle, #0) Blink

“Living is about clucking your tongue and enjoying the sound.
“And does man simply choose evil, or does he create it?” 18 likes