Start by marking “Three” as Want to Read:
Three

Three

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  26,623 Ratings  ·  1,595 Reviews
The award-winning, best-selling suspense masterwork, now a major motion picture event.

Enter a world where nothing is what it seems. Where your closest friend could be your greatest enemy.

Kevin Parson is alone in his car when his cell phone rings. A man calling himself Slater offers a deadly ultimatum: You have exactly three minutes to confess your sin to the world. Refuse,
Published October 1st 2004 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Three, please sign up.

Ruth Sophia I think the book is good for one really good read. However, if thrillers are your standard fare it might be easier to guess the ending - I'm not sure.…moreI think the book is good for one really good read. However, if thrillers are your standard fare it might be easier to guess the ending - I'm not sure. I definitely enjoyed it & didn't want to put it down. (less)

j
Nov 04, 2010 j marked it as to-not-read-ever  ·  review of another edition
Pamela
Jul 24, 2011 Pamela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I picked up this book because I love thrillers and after reading the synopsis I thought I'd give it a try. What a mistake. I can't figure out how this could be considered a thriller. It was such a boring book but I kept hoping. The book dragged on and on, focusing on details that were not only unnecessary but also dragged out the tale needlessly. You could tell the author was trying to create and build suspense everytime it got around to finding the "bomb", but it was just laughable. About two-t ...more
Robert Beveridge
Ted Dekker, Thr3e (Thomas Nelson, 2003)

Going into this book and knowing it was “Christian fiction”, I really have to admit I didn't expect a great deal (read: anything) from it. There are really, really good Christian writers, but in general, they are writers who happen to be Christian (Madeleine L'Engle is an obvious example, as is Francois Mauriac); as with every other type of message, the really good ones just kind of let the message come through subconsciously and don't beat the reader over
Scarlet Cameo
Lectura conjunta con el grupo 221 b Baker street

Este es uno de los casos muy extraños de un libro que tiene todo para ser excelente pero que al final me hizo sentir que faltaba algo. No se si fuera porque gran parte del tiempo lo sentí como que ya lo habia visto en algun otro lugar o porque Kevin me desesperaba enormemente perono me encanto, simplemente me gusto mucho, pero más que por la trama en si fue por el trabajo que nuestroprotagonisgta se encontraba preparando.

En verdad que ese aspecto,
Franco  Santos
Sep 09, 2014 Franco Santos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
-La maldad está fuera del alcance del Hombre.
-¿Pero puede un hombre ponerse personalmente fuera del alcance del mal?

El primer libro que leo de autoría plena de Dekker. Me gustó mucho. Me hizo acordar a El psicoanalista, de John Katzenbach.

Empieza muy bien. Ya en la primera página el autor nos salpica con el trasfondo del libro: la lucha entre el Bien y el Mal.

Es una novela intensa. Es un libro que me puso nervioso y me hizo sentir la adrenalina que vive el protagonista.

Algo negativo que tengo
Jessica
Aug 24, 2007 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was the first book that I read of Ted Dekker's, and I was so impressed with his knowledge and writing techniques. The story is thrilling and was a perfect page turner for my husband (who isn't an avid reader) and me. And I LOVE the ending...big twist.
Mike (the Paladin)
Mar 08, 2012 Mike (the Paladin) rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: skimmed
Let me open for those of you who don't know me by saying, I'm a Christian. I read a lot and am always on the look out for good fiction. I also like good Christian fiction. Ted Dekker has written several books and is a very popular writer and I wish him the best. If you're his fan and I see he has many more power to you and I'm happy for you. I see many liked this book.

This is the fourth book I've read (tried to read) by Mr. Dekker. I am forced to the conclusion that I'm just not going to be a Te
Nov 24, 2007 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sarah by: members of Mom's book club
Based on reading Thr3e, I'd say that Ted Dekker is an excellent storyteller, but not the greatest writer.

I couldn't put the book down when I was reading it because the story was so intense and gripping. I had to know what happened next... and "what happened next" totally blind-sided me. I never saw it coming. If you're looking for a great suspense/mystery/thriller story that's clean but not preachy, this one does it for the Christian and non-Christian alike.

However, the whole time I was reading
Denisse
Apr 26, 2012 Denisse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the smartest things I've read.
My Dekker-fangirl-heart needs a reread <3
Katie Grace
Jan 29, 2017 Katie Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star
my mind is still spinning over that ending. o.o
Erika Suarez
Mar 08, 2017 Erika Suarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Wow! este libro me recordó porque amo los thrillers. No lo ví venir, si bien el secreto ronda, la explicación del título del libro me encantó. Y la reflexión muy precisa. Recomendado total!
Carla Dente
Dec 21, 2015 Carla Dente rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5
Pueden decir lo que quieran de este libro, pero a mi me encantó!!!!!!!!!!!!! *O* (no leí muchos libros de este género y no puedo guiarme con nada, pero realmente disfruté mucho leyéndolo, los personajes me encantaron, creo que el autor supo desarrollar muy bien la trama y no me venía venir el final)
¡LO AMÉ!
Alondra
Nov 22, 2012 Alondra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
4 Stars

Wow! My brain could not comprehend that ending at all!

This book is purely psychological and keeps you guessing about good and evil to the very end. This is a must read for those who love suspense, because I kept wondering, "What is the secret!!???" And when it was finally revealed, I just sat there with my mouth hanging open. It was hinted at, but too many clues in the book indicated otherwise.

I think I have become a new fan of Mr. Dekker.
Hannah Rodriguez
Wow.
Pure genius. I wasn't expecting the ending.
(All Ted dekker books will be 5 stars from what I see)
S. Harrell
Dec 01, 2010 S. Harrell rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica
Sep 21, 2007 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 16 And Up
READ THIS BOOK!!!
It was thrilling, amazing, edge-of-your-seat thriller!!!! I couldn't put it down, I read it till late at night, and then had trouble sleeping! :D
I can't tell much of the plot, for that would give the story away, but here's a brief bit from christianbook.com:

Imagine answering your cell phone to hear a stranger's voice issuing a chilling threat: You have three minutes to confess your sin, or he'll blow your car to smithereens. You pull over and flee just in time---but the threats
LEIDO PARA EL 2015 READING CHALLENGE: #11 A BOOK WITH A ONE WORD TITLE

Tuve buenos y malos momentos con este libro. Es un buen thriller, que empieza muy bien y muy intenso, pero que a la mitdad del libro decae un poco. Creo que con unas páginas menos hubiera estado mejor.

Aún así, "la resolución" levanta mucho porque cuando crees que resolviste el misterio, hay una vuelta de tuerca más y el escritor demuestra que el dió todas las pistas necesarias, solo que no nos dimos cuenta de lo que realmen
Jesse Blazewicz
Sep 30, 2007 Jesse Blazewicz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I picked this book up because I liked the cover (at the time it was just white with the word Thr3e on it). (Yeah, I judged....) but as soon as I started reading it I was instantly hooked. It was incredibly suspenseful, but not scary. I was on a hunt after I finished for more by him, he is an AMAZING author. I found out later he was actually deemed a Christian book author, and yet I would have never known based on the books. They are not preachy or faith oriented at all, which is a good thing. Gi ...more
Jetzabel
Oct 09, 2014 Jetzabel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Al inicio del libro estaba emocionada porque, ¿qué es mejor que un buen crimen lleno de suspenso? Pero a la mitad me sentí un poco decepcionada porque se estaba convirtiendo en mucho de una sola cosa y solo se repetía y repetía. Hasta pensé que le daría tres estrellas. Los seis últimos capítulos me dejaron con la boca abierta. Un final inesperado, un gran plot twist. Aplausos para el autor.
Jinky
Feb 28, 2011 Jinky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Oh Brenda, oh Brenda at WV Stitcher, you reminded me not to judge a book by its cover. I would have bypassed this book because the cover's too freakin' scary!! But you were so kind to offer it to me and since it traveled over 3,000 miles to get to me and three being one of my favorite numbers, well, I took a deep breath and avoided looking at the cover as much as possible.

Wow, talk about edge of your seat thrilling! I was hooked from the beginning. My heart rate finally went down during the init
French Giant
Oct 15, 2010 French Giant rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can only hope that my one star rating will help nudge this book's overall rating below a 4 because as it stands now (4.02) it is severely inflated and misleading...So much so that initially I had no doubt in my mind that I would find some level of enjoyment in the book. My dear Goodreads friends, this is the first time you have lead me astray.

I'm not a book snob by any means, and typically I can find at least something enjoyable with each book I crack open, but this is by far the worst book I
Sherry
Aug 12, 2011 Sherry rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-2014
I'm struggling writing this book review. I'm struggling with my decision to not finish the book. I wanted so badly to love this book - to even LIKE it, but it failed me. Or I failed it. I'm not sure. The book starts out with a brief and shallow discussion on the nature of evil in mankind. I think this was meant to be a foreshadowing device, but there was nothing profound in the discussion so nothing resonated or stuck with me. Right away we're thrown into some action by immediately being introdu ...more
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Jun 22, 2011 Lisa (Harmonybites) rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those Desperate for a Thriller Without Sex or Swear Words
I read this because it was recommended on The Ultimate Reading List, which I've been working through. It was listed in the "Inspirational Fiction" section (the Christian Fiction) section, but one of the fairly good things about it is it's not at all preachy even though the man-in-peril in this one, Keven Parson, is a seminary student. The bad thing though is that its basically a routine suspense/thriller with a twist--that... Well, I didn't see it coming, but once it arrived I rolled my eyes, be ...more
Mom2triplets04
Aug 02, 2015 Mom2triplets04 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a roller coaster of a ride. The beginning reminded me so much of the movie speed. But that ending I still can't believe it! Great read and I will certainly try another Ted Dekker book.
Janene
my first Ted Dekker novel. I have many on my shelves, but for some reason I never have picked one up. maybe because he's a 'Christian writer'? a member of my book club highly recommended this book and she wasn't wrong. it took me longer to read, and I admit it did drag in parts, but if you like a psychological thriller that keeps you guessing, give this one a try. recommended.

PS: I would never have known he is a Christian writer.
Nthato Morakabi
Sep 14, 2016 Nthato Morakabi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A friend of mine introduced me to Ted Dekker ages ago where I procured The Circle, which didn’t appeal to me much. So I tried Heavens Wager and that was a great book. Thr3e was in the backseat of my car for some weird reason, probably didn’t take it out since I bought it 6 months ago, and I decided I might as well read it. I’m so glad I did.

It begins with quite a philosophical question regarding the nature of man/humans/people. Is man good or evil? Does our capacity to do evil make us inherently
Katie
Jul 21, 2012 Katie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
I have a lot of pet peeves in literature, and this book hits a few:

One is foreshadowing the ending by telling you exactly what it is several hundred pages before it happens. So having a character say "Wouldn't it be crazy if...?!" and then telling you what happens 200 pages before the end just doesn't work for me. yes, that would have been crazy if it came out of nowhere, but it didn't.

PG books with R-rated subjects. Like if there's a dangerous psychopath on the loose with serious anger and cont
Beth
Sep 01, 2012 Beth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
ok to start I had high high hoping going into this and honestly first CD (more on that later) I couldn't stop listening alas here I am.

As going to review I currently have a yearly dose of conjunctivitis that I'm often plagued with but my love of reading isn't effected because (as said about CD) I have this book on audio but four disc's in and I'm sorry but I truly can't take another second.

The guy reading this book has the worse reading voice I've EVER heard, he's reading it in a very low droopy
Katherine
Sep 25, 2016 Katherine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
“¿Qué se cae pero no se rompe? ¿Qué se rompe pero no se cae?”

Este fue un libro empecé sin expectativa alguna, cuestión que no sucede con mucha regularidad. Sin embargo, ya por la página 50 creí saber a dónde quería llevarme: la premisa me recordó a El psicoanalista, de Katzenbach. Continué la lectura pese a que el estilo escueto del autor no terminaba de convencerme y ahora sí, esperaba algo que lo sacudiera todo y me llevara a terminarla de un tirón, pero me temo que Dekker no es especialment
Pudgy
Aug 10, 2015 Pudgy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-read-again
This book gets so many mixed reviews; either you love it or absolutely hate it, no in-between. However I’ve noticed a lot of thrillers/horrors are like that, a hit or miss.

However, when it comes to Thr3e by Ted Dekker, I absolutely loved it. Ted Dekker is one of my favorite authors and most of his publications are well written with more twist and turns than one can imagine. Thr3e is no exceptions, I loved this book because the ending had caught me off guard and spun me like a top. Kevin Par
  • Monster
  • Comes a Horseman
  • Deception (Ollie Chandler #3)
  • Blood of Heaven (Fire of Heaven, #1)
  • Demon
  • The Rook (The Patrick Bowers Files, #2)
  • Never Let You Go
  • Plague Maker
  • Riven
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
More about Ted Dekker...

“And does man simply choose evil, or does he create it?” 24 likes
“Living is about clucking your tongue and enjoying the sound.
~Slater”