Start by marking “Soul Catcher (Dueling with the Devil #1)” as Want to Read:
Soul Catcher (Dueling with the Devil #1)

Soul Catcher (Dueling With the Devil #1)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  24 reviews
What happens to a supermodel who loses her beauty? Angelique Diaz does what any girl from New Orleans would do...make a deal with the Devil.

Angel lives the life of the rich and fabulous, until a heinous car accident mars her face. After thirteen surgeries and losing everything she deemed important, she seeks out the dark forces to salvage her life. In exchange for his help
Published November 2nd 2010 by VPG Publishing and Promotions, LLC (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Soul Catcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Catcher

Deana-Coffee, Books, Life Blog
Sexiness, mayhem and magic…. A kick ass book!!
Angelique (Angel) Dias had the life. She was a top model, she had the car, the money, the clothes and the shoes to go with. I think that Robin Leach would be proud. Until the night a drunk driver hits her car. The accident leaves the one side of face scared from forehead to chin taking away her looks and livelihood. At the point where nothing can medically be done to help her, Angel makes a pack with the Devil. To get her beauty back, she must work w
Maria

The author gave me this book for an honest review.

What a nice start for a paranormal romance series! I didn’t know what to expect from this book when they contact me to ask me if I wanted to review it, but I am so glad I did it because it was a very nice read! Really, it has it all: demons, vampires, werewolves, magic, gods and goddesses, pain in the ass mothers, great siblings (and not so great!) and amazing friends! The story is fast-paced and it kept my interest from the beginning un
Louisa Bacio
Vivi Dumas is a writer after my own heart. After I read the description of her latest paranormal romance, Soul Catcher, I knew that I would be hooked. And, she did nothing to disappoint.

A former top model, Angel Dias gets into a car accident that leaves her face hideously disfigured. She loses her livelihood, the respect of her family and her self-confidence. After visiting doctor after doctor without any hope, Angel does the one thing left to help herself: She sells her soul to the devil.

A soul
Marta Cox
Angel Dias is a Supermodel who has spent most of her life trading on her good looks. Always getting what she wants and used to being treated like a queen but what would happen if she lost those looks? Could she make a life that didn't depend on her looks? Can reality trump a superficial lifestyle? Or would she literally trade her soul to keep them?
Wow a fantastic idea from this very talented author. This magical tale starts with a bang quite literally as the heroine is in a car accident orchestr
LynnMarie
Rachel's Review

When super model, Angel Dias, loses her beauty, she’s left with only one choice, contacting the devil. Selling her soul to Lucifer seems better than living with the scarring that mars the only thing she values, her beauty. But, she doesn’t plan on Satan’s crafty ways and soon finds herself submerged in his role to bring back escaped souls.

The leader of the Legions is left with training the human woman, a task he’s not excited about. Through the trials of training and the battle
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Angelique (Angel) Dias is top supermodel until horrific automobile accident leaves her scarred and burned thus ruining her modeling career. Angel's mom Elise won't accept Angel being disfigured taking her to doctor after doctor unwilling to accept the truth. Angel knows that doctor's can't help her but thinks making a deal with The Devil to restore her beauty is the answer to her problems. Beauty's only skin deep right and Vanity isn't one of the Seven Deadly Sins so what's the harm in making a ...more
Linda

Angel was a supermodel, an epitome of beauty. She was living the life of the rich and famous until she had a terrible auto accident which has marred her for life. She has lost everything she knew: her life, her fiance, her family. Then... one day she calls upon the Lucifer and makes a deal. She gets her beautiful face back but at what cost?

This is the story of Angel and of Lucifer's nephew and Commander of his legions, Jacque.

I liked the originality of the story and of the characters, especiall
Valerie Mcqueen
My review of Soul Catcher by Vivi Dumas

Rating 4****

This book was provided free from the author in exchange for honest literary review.

Angel had it all until a drunk driver stole her life. She walked away with her world turned upside down from the accident. Once a supermodel, whose face graced the covers of magazines worldwide, not she is scarred beyong recognition. After talking with every known surgeon throughout the world she decides to make a deal with the devil.
Through her bloodline Angel
Nawnee
Feb 25, 2012 Nawnee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Readers
Recommended to Nawnee by: Amazon
This was a great paranormal read. It's full of suspense, action, hot demons, and sizzling romance. Angelique Diaz whom everyone calls Angel, is a supermodel that has been in a horrible car accident leaving her permanently scarred and unable to return to her career. After countless Doctor's visits and reconstructive surgery nothing is fixing the scars that mar her once beautiful face. Coming from a family with a long history in voodoo magic, she thinks she has found the answer to her problem in a ...more
Linda
Angel´s life alters all together when she´s in a car crash and scars on her face stops her modelling career. When no one can help her she makes a deal with the devil himself to get back her own self.
This deal turns everything upside down again, when her instructor Jacque awakens feelings she forgotten, and the devil starts collecting on the deal.
Demons, witches, vamps and smutty fluff. Came across (for me) as a bit immature at times with shouting, tantrums and misunderstandings, but a great st
Romance Novels in Color
This was such an interesting and quirky story. There were many different people (well, if you can count the Devil and minions, grandmother coming back to life, the fae and others), but not so huge a number that you needed a cheat sheet to keep track. I enjoyed seeing life from such an interesting point of view (not everyone is just normal, if anyone is normal at all).

Angel and Jacque are characters that play off of one another so well. Just when I would get tired of Angel’s whining, she would do
Beka
WOW! This book was steamy. But REALLY GOOD, amazing actually. I was really impressed. This was a free book from Kindle. So, I tried it... Stayed up ALL night to read it. Any time I stopped to go to sleep. My mind just kept going back to it, so I knew I had to whip my phone off the charger and read till the wee hours, (Like 2 am and I knew I had to get up at 530). But I really hope this book is continued. So if you like the Black Dagger Brotherhood or Sookie.. Read on!
The Pen & Muse
What I liked: She threw the fiery liquid down her throat. “I used to be a model until I got in the car accident last year. Now, I look like something from a carnival freak show.”

Out of options, she was running into the arms of darkness, risking her faith, sanity, and life, but nothing could be worse than the nightmare she currently lived.

There was no turning back after it was done, and there had to be a hefty price to pay.
Ryan Field
This is the first thing I've read by this author, and I'm going to be looking for more. The writing is solid, the characters well-developed, and there are nice, tight descriptive passages that drew me into the story.
Adele - Realm Of Tranquillity
This was mt first free book to download to my Kindle, so i did not know what to expect with it being free. I was not dissapointed, and could not put it down. I loved the characters and the plot, a fantastic read! :)
Cf
In the beginning Angel was bearly tolerable. Her feelings towards Jacque were comical but she redeemed herself in the end. I will continue with series.
Rachel Firasek
This was a great read and I can't wait to read more! You can read my formal review at http://www.heareviews.com
Patty
love the cover cant wait to read it,.,,,
Michelle Guglielmo
STEAMY WITH A GOOD STORY!
Peter Jerry
American Authors Book Vending americanauthorsbookvending@gmail.com

Oct 1 (5 days ago)

to me

Soul Catcher written by Vivi Dumas and published by VPG Publishing.

Two and half Out of Five (Enjoyable)

Soul Catcher written by Vivi Dumas takes the reader to Hell and back again. Because of an accident, Angel Dias is horribly scarred and her life as a supermodel gone. So what can she do when all plastic surgeons say nothing can be done to restore her beauty…make a deal with the devil. Angel Dias’ deal is t
Mistik | I ♥ Monster Fkery |
I picked up this book when I saw it posted in my group.

I like dark male leads so the cover was promising. In fact, I pushed it up my TBR pile for the dark male on the cover. I wished the guy on the cover had wings though.

The first thing that struck me was the sentance structure:
Wheels screeched. The Toyota slammed into the Mercedes. The crushing of metal ripped through the night's silence.

I prefer to read structured sentences that flow with use of comas and whatever else the writer has at dis
Denise
Soul Catcher is a fun and intriguing read with all the components needed for a great new paranormal series. There are demons, vampires, shifters and witches all coming together to blend in and wonderful new world. This is the beginning of the series and we are introduced to Angel and Jacque, as well as the many supporting characters that make this world go round. I enjoyed the storyline, which is well outlined in the synopsis, as well as the unique take on the underworld even though Angel and Ja ...more
Matysha
I totally loved this book! Imagine my surprise when I saw the page count for the price I paid! Vivi did the damn thing with this one! throughout the whole story I was rooting for Angel & Jacque. The book was a thrill ride at its best!!! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Jessie Potts
Soul Catcher was a #throwbackthursday #tbt post this week!

Marion Chavez
Marion Chavez marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Samantha Silver
Samantha Silver marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Blog Tour Giveaway 1 2 Aug 29, 2012 06:58PM
Two Day Free Event 1 2 Aug 12, 2012 09:27PM
Free on Amazon 1 1 Jul 28, 2012 06:58PM
  • The French Detective's Woman
  • Downfall (Cal Leandros, #9)
  • Under Attack (Underworld Detection Agency, #2)
  • Paper Hearts
  • A Cursed Bloodline (Weird Girls #4)
  • Blood Deep (Blackthorn, #4)
  • Murphy's Law
  • Bad Medicine  (The Edge of Texas #1)
  • Warrior's Lady (Stones of Destiny, #3)
  • Fealty of the Bear (Hells Canyon Shifters, #2)
  • Risking Eternity (Timeshifters #1)
  • Shadows of the Soul
  • Gatekeeper (Phantom Lovers #1)
  • Spellbound
  • Lightbringer (Celestial Affairs, #1)
  • Lethal Limits (Spy Games, #2)
  • A Taste of Twilight  (Crimson Carousel, #1)
  • Vampire Seeker (Samantha Carter #1)
Vivi Dumas submerges herself in the dark underworld of the supernatural. To balance the analytical and structured confines of her day job, she unleashes the fiery passions of her imagination in her writing. Although Vivi grew up an Army brat, she calls Louisiana home, but have endured the hot summers and cold winters of Maryland for the last 16 years.
More about Vivi Dumas...
Sweet Revenge (Dueling with the Devil #2) Stolen Innocence (Dueling with the Devil #3) Salvation Her Black Knight (Chasing the Grail)