Start by marking “The Paleo Diet Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Paleo Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Beverages” as Want to Read:

At last! The cookbook based on the bestselling "The Paleo Diet"Dr. Loren Cordain's "The Paleo Diet" has helped thousands of people lose weight, keep it off, and learn how to eat for good health by following the diet of our Paleolithic ancestors and eating the foods we were genetically designed to eat. Now this revolutionary cookbook gives you more than 150 satisfying recip ...more
Published November 18th 2010 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Paleo Diet Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Paleo Diet Cookbook

Sarah Jane
I prefer the "Primal Blueprint" diet, which allows me to eat cheese and butter. Eh.
One of my blog followers sent this to me as a recommendation to review. I did. It was interesting as I didn't know anything about it before. But unfortunately as I told my blog readers, I really don't cook and anything I do is by the good grace of whatever guy that is around me who does 100% of the cooking with proper recipes....

So this time, it managed to introduce the concept of Sweet potato chips to my diet for a month or so....and that was the extent of it.

Some people swears by it...but I al
Ruri Gokou
Pretty much goes over what was done in his The Paleo Diet book. It was a nice refresher but to be honest I bought the book because it's a cookbook. Being someone who can't cook well, I was disappointed to find that it didn't include ANY photos for the recipes. Would have been nice to spark interest in the recipe.
Eric Roberts
May 09, 2012 Eric Roberts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This has some really great recipes in it
Mar 09, 2012 Jodi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-books
This book gives a great summary of the Paleo diet that could be very useful for patients that are very ill and cannot read very much.

The author's website contains interesting info about why eggs, capsicum, eggplant and tomatoes should also be avoided. It'd be great if this info had been in the book.

I disagree with the authors very-low salt stance and would advise them to read about unrefined sea salt and the work of Dr Brownstein on the many myths about salt and low-salt diet scaremongering (and
Diane S ☔
As of right now I have one daughter who is Vegan, one who is vegetarian and a son who has decided to follow this diet. The book is great at laying out exactly what the benefits are of this diet, the recipes are fairly easy, and I have made a few and there is one smoothie I absolutely love. That said I could more easily be vegetarian, because in this diet one has to give up potatoes and grains, vegans cannot eat cheese, so it would be easier to just give up the meat. Just saying.
May 07, 2013 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
By far the best paleo cookbook I've seen. I am not following the author word for word as there are some things I just can't eat and others that I refuse to eat but there were a lot of recipes in here I'm planning to try. They are very basic though so may not appeal to many and I won't be using flaxseed oil or red wine or.. Quite a few things. BUT I think it was well done.
Soozie Bea
Good - except I struggle with FODMAP and other autoimmune problems - which cut me out of most paleo books.

If you find the same: The Paleo Approach, Reverse your autoimmune disease, heal your body by PaleoMom, Sarah Ballantyne I found to hold the keys for my healing!
Martha Smith
Nov 07, 2014 Martha Smith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
This book is both an educational text as well as a cookbook. I enjoyed reading the book. The principles in the book have reversed a lot of my health problems. It was well researched. the only downside is there were not a lot of photographs.
This was a good reference, gave some good ideas but the lack of color photographs (literally NONE) really let me down, it's a cookbook, I'm looking for some mouth watering images to get me wanting to cook!
Valerie Kraus
Own several Paleo books, this one lays out the plan & reasons behind it-but as a cookbook it would be much better with photos. It's hard to get excited about cooking something when there are no photos to inspire you.
AdultNonFiction Teton County Library
TCL Call#: 641.5635 CORDAIN L

Madeleine - 1 star
A cookbook with zero pictures = 1 star
I skimmed through the recipes and they seemed rather uninspired as well. I already know to put salsa on salmon.
Aug 14, 2015 Lance rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Got the book at a swap, free. Read some of it. If you are looking for a reason to follow a Paleo Diet this may give it to you. I was not impressed by the information he gave to support the Paleo Diet, or the recipes.
Jun 03, 2013 Jana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No pictures in the book which makes the recipes seem bland before you even start reading.
Uses so many ingredients that are not readily available in Australia.. especially some of the meats... I don't think I will be having Bison for breakfast thanks.

Mar 10, 2011 Devon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, march11
Obvious advice (don't eat processed foods!) paired with dubious historical claims and some icky looking recipes. (Some did look okay and I will try them - thus the two stars.)
Jan 30, 2016 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It had some nice & easy recipes. It also had a great start for a newbie to paleo eating with a two weeks menu plans. There was also a resource for wild game or exotic meats.
Nov 13, 2012 Cinda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paleo
More strick that other books I've read on the Paleo diet. The doctor recommended the diet for our son and we only found a handful of recipes that we might try.
Elaine Mcdonald
It's a cookbook. I think it should have pictures! Looking for some easy Paleo recipes and I know she is supposed to be good. It is just easier to find recipes online.
Jun 01, 2012 Mandy rated it liked it
Good recipe book but could have been better if there are beautiful photos for each recipe that would tempt me to try them.
Jan 31, 2011 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting philosophy about food. Certainly makes a lot of sense and I'm willing to give it a try.
Watch this Paleo intro video:
Audrey Coleman
Mar 11, 2014 Audrey Coleman rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My worst enemies
Shelves: cookbooks, paleo
I tried two recipes, both flops. I think that Dr. Cordain should stick to Exercise Science - he's definitely no cook.
Jan 05, 2015 Micki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food-and-diet
I felt like this book was a bit dated and didn't follow a lot of the currently espoused "Paleo" principles. Plus, not a lot of recipes grabbed my attention.
Jun 30, 2016 Corinne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Nice summary of all I learned in The Paleo Diet book. And tons of recipes. It's a keeper for now.

Edit: got rid of it. I didn't look in once in 3 years.
Toni rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Jon Conley
Jon Conley rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2015
Ian rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Heather rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Ddddd rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2013
Anna Pessagno
Anna Pessagno rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Petra rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013
  • The Primal Blueprint Cookbook
  • Everyday Paleo
  • Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen
  • Make it Paleo: Over 200 Grain Free Recipes For Any Occasion
  • 101 Foods That Could Save Your Life
  • 1,001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back
  • I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!: Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy
  • The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook
  • The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-free Meals the Easy Way
  • BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles
  • The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
  • Paleo Slow Cooking: Gluten Free Recipes Made Simple
  • Well Fed: Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat
  • Conscious Eating
  • The Petite Advantage Diet: Achieve That Long, Lean Look. The Specialized Plan for Women 5'4" and Under.
  • Diet Recovery 2: Restoring Mind and Metabolism from Dieting, Weight Loss, Exercise, and Healthy Food
  • The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results
  • The Protein Power Lifeplan
Loren Cordain, PhD, is one of the world's leading experts and researchers in the area of evolutionary medicine. He is on the faculty of Colorado State University and the author of The Paleo Diet and The Paleo Diet for Athletes. He has been featured on Dateline NBC, in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and other media."
More about Loren Cordain...