Start by marking “Pet prijatelja u cirkusu” as Want to Read:
Pet prijatelja u cirkusu

Pet prijatelja u cirkusu (Famous Five #5)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  6,874 ratings  ·  113 reviews
Djeca mogu izabrati kamo će na odmor. Upoznaju dječaka Nobbyja te odlučuju iznajmiti kamper i krenuti za cirkusom. U cirkusu rade Dan i Lou koji su jako neprijateljski raspoloženi prema njima. Odluče otići u planine, ali ni tamo nisu sigurno od opasnog para...
Published 1990 by Mladinska knjiga (first published 1946)

Eustacia Tan
It's official. At heart, I am a big fan of the cozy mystery. While deciding what books I should read for this challenge, I quickly decided on a trip down memory lane, reading what was my favourite childhood mystery series (and my favourite childhood author) - Five Go Off in a Caravan.

The Famous Five (Julian, Dick, Anne, George and faithful Timmy) are on yet another summer holiday (They're always having holidays). This time, they decide to go on a caravan trip and follow the Circus. Of course, it
Denise
After befriending a boy from a travelling circus, the kids decide to tag along behind the troupe in caravans of their own - after all, what's a summer holiday without a little adventure? But it soon becomes clear that they're in for more of an adventure than they intended... Not one of my favourites from the series, but an entertaining read nonetheless.
Annette
One of my favourite Famous Five tales - the awesome improbabilities of it all. Loved it as a kid, still love it.
Rahmi Susiswanti
Seperti halnya cerita petualangan lainnya, pingin segera tahu endingnya seperti apa... Akhir yang menyenangkan tentunya...

Lima sekawan adalah Julian, Dick, George, Anne dan tentu saja Timmy, anjing kecil yang cukup galak milik George. Kemanapun mereka pergi pasti ada petualangan yang seru dan menyenangkan.

Liburan kali ini, karena melihat arak arakan sirkus di depan rumah memakai caravan, lima sekawan memutuskan untuk menyewa dua caravan dan berkemah di bawah bukit dekat rombongan sirkus, mereka
Lisa
This is the fifth of the Famous Five books but I'm reading them in whatever haphazard order the library hold system produces them in. This one is quite sweet and not a little scary - the villains are truly villainous and not above murder and child abuse.

Also, the tiara in the book sounds much prettier than the one on this unfortunate reissued cover.

Enid Blyton's books went through a period of criticism for displaying classism and bullying and such, and I did feel the discrepancies in the class p
Carina
I do think there are only so many of these you can read as an adult and not be overly impressed. A lot of books require suspension of disbelief which, as a child is incredibly simple to do but as adults is a lot harder. This is one of the series which requires a greater amount of suspension than I am willing to provide.

That said, this is a childrens book and I think children will like this, the fifth Famous Five book, much more than some of the earlier ones. This is due to the circus, the perfor
D.M. Dutcher
Five kids with incredibly lax parents are allowed to take a horse-drawn motor home and enjoy a vacation on the lake by themselves. No seriously. I thought at first the caravan would be more like a vardo-a gypsy wagon-but no, it's a regular airstream-style thing with electricity. Anyways, they run into a traveling circus, make friends with a scrappy lower-class sidekick, and get involved in a mystery.

Highlights include the sidekick's pet chimpanzee trying to violently murder in the face the two a
Jake Collins
Standard Famous Five fare with some surly circus folk and a cache of stolen goods.
Dani Noviandi
Berkelana. Itulah judul buku Lima Sekawan nomer lima ini. Sebenarnya judul asli buku ini ialah Go Off In A Caravan. Entah mengapa unsur “karavan” di judul aslinya dihilangkan dan diganti dengan judul Berkelana, yang sama sekali kurang mencerminkan apa dan bagaimana Lima Sekawan kita ini berpetualang.

Ada yang baru di buku ini, Lima Sekawan kali ini berlibur musim panas di kediaman Julian, Dick dan Anne. Ini adalah liburan musim panas ketiga anak-anak tersebut setelah pertama kalinya mereka dipert
David Sarkies
Apr 27, 2015 David Sarkies rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love kids adventures
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: adventure
Darn those meddlesome kids
10 June 2012

This is the first Famous Five book where they do not begin their adventure at, or near, Kirrin Cottage. Neither do Uncle Quentin and Aunt Fanny make an appearance. In fact, this is the first book where we actually meet the children's mother and father, though it is only a short scene at the beginning. They don't actually have names, despite George not needing to refer to them, though I notice she does not address them by any title (and in a way it is probab
Big Book Little Book
Helen for Big Book Little Book

I devoured the Famous Five books when I was a child, so when I spotted this in Oxfam I felt a trip down memory lane was in order. It was very much how I remembered it and I still enjoyed it. Of course my adult eyes do read things a little differently it’s not all as perfect as I used to think, I mean who would let four kids (at least if they are supposed to be between 10 and 14 years old) go off alone in a caravan these days?!

In this story the Five go off on hols i
Kirsti
"Five go off in a caravan" was my absolute favorite Five book. I mean, the kids get to go off on their own in horse drawn caravans, and spend time with a chimpanzee and see all the animals in the circus! They get delicious food from a farm, and go swimming whenever they want! To me, it sounded like the best adventure ever, and I longed to join them.

I always felt so sorry for Nobby, getting beaten by his Uncle Lou. Reading it now, it seems a horrible case of child abuse, but reading it as a child
Emily Smith
The Famous Five:
Five Go off in a Caravan

The famous five is made out of Julian, Anne, Dick, George and Timmy. Julian is the eldest out of all the children, being twelve in the beginning of the series. He’s usually the leader in all of the five’s activities and adventures. Dick is Julian’s younger brother, who’s eleven at the start of the series. He’s very cheeky and is protective of his younger sister Anne. Anne is the youngest out of all of them, being a year younger than Dick and George. She us
Ogheneruno

“ The Famous Five: five go off in a caravan” Book review

The famous five is a series of books written by Enid Blyton about four children and a dog, who go on really awesome adventures. In this series of the famous five, Julian, Dick, Anne, George and Timmy. They go on a caravans to a circus camp that was recomended by a boy called Ned. In the camp, they stumble across two mean circus people; an acrobat and a clown, who were hiding a very big secret! I would recommend this book to either parents
Jamie
Back in the days when kids could wander around unsupervised with a dog. And two horses. Which nowadays would cost more than the caravans...
It's the summer hols and the four cousins and Timmy are bored, then along comes a circus and they hire caravans and decide to follow them to camp.... Of course there a villainous goings on and the five end up smack bang in the middle of all the drama, drinking lots of gingerbeer.
Horribly old fashioned now, but fun to re-read.
I've always wanted to read these books. My mum read them when she was younger and my grandma before her. So when my grandma bought me the box set of 10 for Christmas I couldn't believe my luck!
As always, Julian, Dick, George and Anne go on a holiday in summer. I'm so jealous of what those kids get up to and how mouth-watering their food is! In this book the food isn't described in detail like the previous books but they still sound amazing!
In this book the group of five (including Timmy of cou
Jelyna
This book is a very good one about when five decide to travel in a caravan for their summer vacation. they follow a traveling circus to meet a young boy and his pet monkey. Unfortunately, his uncle and a great gymnast aren't too keen as they are. These men keep mysteriously at night appearing at fives caravan. This book is an interesting one, but it is not my favorite out of al the famouse five series.
Matt Linzey
One of my favourites! Thought I would get in the right mind-set for the upcoming PGCE year by spending a couple of lazy Summer days reading one of my childhood favs! 'Five go off in a caravan' sees the gang spend their holidays on a trip in a caravan when they meet up with a circus. All is not what it seems, especially with a few particular individuals from the circus group, and so begins the gang's adventure!

I found the initial few chapters quite slow, something I remembered from when I was you
Pedro
O livro é um tanto previsível, mesmo na faixa etária a que se destina. As personagens está muito bem construídas e a trama avança a um bom ritmo. É uma leitura agradável e interessante. Mais uma vez as ilustrações interiores dos volumes mais antigos já lá não estão. Pelo menos, acontece o incidente inicial logo no primeiro capítulo.

Recomendo a quem goste de leitura do género.
Karthik
This is a fun read. Blyton excel is circus settings. However here we don't have so much exposure to the circus except for the chimp and the dogs. The chimp is fun. Otherwise typical famous five stories. The descriptions of the stay in the caravan and all are fun - the usual vicarious pleasures in picnics and camping outdoors that is always there in any Enid Blyton story.
Cut
Saya suka banget petualangan 5 sekawan, mengingatkan masa kecil saya dan kemarin saya membaca ulang petualangan mereka. Berkelana salah satu favorit saya. Rasanya menyenangkan berlibur sambil berkaravan. Membaca buku ini membuat saya berfikir masa kecil saya dulu lebih seru dan lebih menyenangkan daripada anak-anak sekarang.
EA
Yet another winner for both my 6yo and 4yo. I do love how independent these kids are, and how well they work together to catch the baddies. The addition of a couple new friends and a beautiful new setting made this adventure particularly enjoyable. And of course the hidden underground tunnels are always fun.
Drishti Ohri
This was my first enid blyton feature and I heartily enjoyed it.It was my first ever novel and she my first ever author.So there is a distinct affection in my heart for this author and her evergreen novels.
Richard
Ideal bed time reading for children at around 7-9 years old, and not as daunting in terms of size as Harry Potter books.
Jenna Mills
A lovely tale that would get 5 stars were it not for the fact that it didn't portray use of animals in the circus as a horrific thing.
Lili
Book I loved and since children and grandchildren adore, everyone of Blyton's books are enjoyable readable and loved by all
Gurnam Sodhi
And one more lovely adventure and finally out of the kirrin island. seemed a bit slow in the beginning but again loved it by the end.
Jane George
always giving these book 5 stars because reading them again with my daughter is like being a kid again!
Div
How I wish I could go on a trip like that in my own caravan, with friends just like these!! Loved it.
  • Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #5)
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
  • Summer Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #8)
  • Jeff Corwin: a Wild Life: The Authorized Biography
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • Uma Aventura na Praia
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

Famous Five (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)
  • Five Have a Wonderful Time (Famous Five, #11)
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)

“I do love the beginning of the summer hols,' said Julian. They always seem to stretch out ahead for ages and ages.'
'They go so nice and slowly at first,' said Anne, his little sister. 'Then they start to gallop.”
27 likes
“A clown needn't be the same out of the ring as he has to be when he's in it. If you look at photographs of clowns when they're just being ordinary men, they've got quite sad faces.” 18 likes