Start by marking “Anne Droyd and the House of Shadows” as Want to Read:
Anne Droyd and the House of Shadows

Anne Droyd and the House of Shadows

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The adventures of Anne Droyd the android and her three human guardians, Gezz, Malcolm and Luke. The plucky foursome enjoy a vacation in the historic coastal town of Whitby, where monsters are on the rampage after dark.
Published October 20th 2008 by Nordic (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Anne Droyd and the House of Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anne Droyd and the House of Shadows

Joo
This is definitely a children's book, but I must be a child as I really enjoyed this.

This is the second book about Anne Droyd and her friends Gezz, Malcolm and Luke. I haven't read the first book, so wasn't quite sure where Anne came from or why she was with Gezz, etc, but to be honest, I just accepted she was there and it didn't detract from the story.

I really liked the character of Anne. Being a robot / cyborg and learning everything as she went along meant she would say exactly what she wante
Gareth
Will Hadcroft's ingenious robot heroine returns for a new adventure. What makes Anne so intriguing is that the author is careful not to anthropomorphosise her. She is not a super-powered little girl, she is an intelligent machine that often sees the world in a very different way to her young human friends. This proves to be a good source of both humour and drama. Plus we find out more about Anne's abilities and new James Bond-esque gadgets hidden within her arms and legs.

Modern day Whitby is mar
John Drew
A most welcome return to Will's robotic heroine. A fast moving tale that wears it's influences on its sleeve, but in a good way. A good read for the young or the young at heart.
Julie-Ann Amos
Julie-Ann Amos marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Robert Ray
Robert Ray marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Bufo Calvin
Bufo Calvin marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Captivated
Captivated marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2012
Antionette Haynes
Antionette Haynes marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2012
I have been writing all my life, but have been a published author for ten years.

My Anne Droyd series for children has a loyal following. It tells the story of three young secondary school kids who become guardians of an android (robot) girl.

Anne Droyd and Century Lodge is the adventure where they discover her and smuggle her into school. Anne Droyd and the House of Shadows is about their vacation
More about Will Hadcroft...
The Feeling's Unmutual: Growing Up with Asperger Syndrome (Undiagnosed) Anne Droyd and Century Lodge The Blueprint Mia and the Woodshed Cats MIA, Mackey and the Outside Cats