Start by marking “The Seer: The Prophetic Power of Visions, Dreams, and Open Heavens” as Want to Read:
The Seer: The Prophetic Power of Visions, Dreams, and Open Heavens

The Seer: The Prophetic Power of Visions, Dreams, and Open Heavens

Join James Goll on an exciting and insightful journey into the visionary world of "The Seer!" on audio MP3. The prophetic movements in church history and in contemporary life are fed by two mighty streams: the prophet, whose revelation is primarily verbal, and the seer, whose revelation is more visionary in nature. You will discover the prophetic power of dreams, visions, ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2010 by Casscom Media (first published September 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Seer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seer

Irene
Mar 13, 2015 Irene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me a few times to get through this book. I had to keep putting it down, letting a few weeks/months lapse, then start again. When I did finally get through it this time around, it was definitely worth the struggle. When I say struggle, it's not in the sense that it wasn't readable or unenjoyable, but more in the sense that it's so full of meat. This is not a quick read; the book is so full of deep information that taking bite-size pieces of this book is the only way I was able to absorb i ...more
Michael
Sep 24, 2014 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
every time I picked up this book I read some serious insights while at the same time laughing out loud at what the Holy Spirit was doing in me as I related to the ideas. cant with integrity give it five stars because im not really sure how to account for all of the content, because I was overwhelmed again and again with how my spirit related to the process of what was being revealed. thoroughly enjoyable book, a rare one in that I will read it at least a second time.
Cheryl
Jun 20, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about the prophetic power of visions, dreams, and open heavens (the subtitle).

The Seer is the most thorough and uncompromising look into this subject that I have ever seen. No need to be afraid of this topic either, as the author includes plenty of safeguards, tests and cautions.

The author starts out by defining terms (including the difference between seer and prophet), includes information on spiritual discernment, and goes into great detail on all sorts of prophetic experiences in
Sandy Soto
Nov 04, 2013 Sandy Soto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sandra-Lin Soto
Mrs. Dunlap
Genre Studies/ Period 3
October 29th, 2013

Book Review

PARAGRAPH 1:
This book has no problems but it does teach you right from wrong. There are a few chapters which really are crazy to read and i had to read those chapters twice to get the full meaning of what it really meant. It will stretch you to a place were you wont know what to do with yourself . It would be an awesome book that I would recommend others to read. As a christian I would take time to soak and pray befor
Sandiie
The Ending of This Book So Amazing. One Chapter From This Book That Called Levels Of Super Natural Visions Really Hits The Spot. It Talks About How Visions Happen. When I First Started Reading The Chapter, It Really Was Telling Me How People Vision While Awake Or While People Are A Sleep. In 1 Corinthians 6:19 It Say That Our Bodies Are Temples Of Our House Which Could Mean The Church Or Building You Go To Have A Church Service In.

I loved how this book really described the meaning of how to see
Katie
Dec 01, 2015 Katie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I liked 80% of the book but the last section was focused on Catholic mystical and contemplative sources of connecting with the Holy Spirit. It is confusing to me how someone who is teaching on the biblical gifts would then in the end promote contemplative and mystical/catholic christianity. These ways of "connecting" with Christ are not biblical. Just not my style.
Suzanne Fernald
May 17, 2016 Suzanne Fernald rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gained a lot of insight from this book. It provides a lot of scripture and examples from the bible and personal experiences in our present time. Its worth reading over and over as your faith deepens.
Kecia Bland-realtor
Great read! I was able to read about and discover the things that are naturally a part of my existence. Made perfect sense and connected the dots.
Anna Fajardo
Jul 12, 2015 Anna Fajardo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
A wealth of information. Definitely going to keep this book for reference.
Shi Hui
Dec 09, 2014 Shi Hui rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ministry-prayer
A lot of concepts to learn. Need to study it and slowly go through
Lavonne Norrils
Jul 14, 2014 Lavonne Norrils rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read! Introduced me to several areas of my talents.
Richard
Jan 18, 2015 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read book.
Melissa
Jun 21, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
There is some parts in this book that were 3 stars, but the amount of practical, applicable, and most importantly biblical information towards the gifts of prophecy and discerning of spirits make this book worth reading for those who tend to see into the spirit realm. I really appreciated that he spent time on the gift of discernment instead of just focusing on the prophetic.
CHARLENE ARCHER
Jan 08, 2016 CHARLENE ARCHER rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will refer back to some of what was mentioned in this book regarding the prophetic and also to revisit the devotional
Joyce Stewart
Jun 22, 2012 Joyce Stewart rated it it was amazing
I loved the overview of this book. It gives you a basic format of how the prophetic, seer and dreamer gifts operate.

I would have love to see this author create an encyclopedia versus this small edible version.

Perhaps, I will keep on the lookout for more indepth knowledge from him.
Mary West
Jul 14, 2009 Mary West rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really incredible...helps if you have dreams and visions and need some Biblical clarity on what you're seeing. Jim really combs through Scripture pulling out all the references to any color or type of dream or vision. It's a good read for anyone.
Sherline
Jul 26, 2012 Sherline rated it it was amazing
This Book explains differest streams of the prophetic with many historical and biblical examples that shed light on it's purpose for the present day prophet and phrophetess. Highly recommended for those trying to understand their gifting.
Kristy Lantang
May 02, 2014 Kristy Lantang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I believe i have a gift too, to see spiritual things, and I'm thankful for that. I pray that someday God may give me the wisdom to interpret the visions that i've been seeing every night, so i can pray for specific people.
Teresa Odden
Apr 15, 2014 Teresa Odden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are interesting in understanding prophets, seers, dreams, and vision from a Biblical perspective you will not be disappointed in this resource. I refer to it many times. It stays in my e-books as a continual reference.
Brandi McPeak
Aug 24, 2013 Brandi McPeak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was chock full of incredible information for the seer / prophet. I have looked high and low and was divinely brought to this book. The author provides plenty of biblical backup for your researching pleasure! Enjoy!
TG Barnes
Jun 29, 2013 TG Barnes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gave great insight into the spiritual realm of discernment and shed light on the history of the understanding of such gifts. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn the basics.
Annamarie Mckoy
Mar 26, 2013 Annamarie Mckoy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome for those who are walking in the Prophetic with mostly visionary. A discovering the powers of dreams, visions and life under the open heavens.
Leslie Yong
Sep 07, 2012 Leslie Yong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is an interesting and insightful book- worth reading and basic understanding for those who would like to pursue the prophetic ministry...
Zandra
Aug 22, 2012 Zandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Jim Golls teaching about the call of a seer and how to operate in purity with this gifting of the Holy Spirit.
Kimmilw
May 13, 2009 Kimmilw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really helped me to find my main calling in the Kingdom. It was an answer to a very big prayer last year!
Sara
Jul 15, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I read this book a few years ago and it really helped to clarify my spiritual gifting and calling. Highly recommend!!!
Tabitha
I've read it before --- reading the NEW, EXPANDED edition :) I have read several of Jim Goll's books.
Nikki Waltrowski
Great book on explaining prophecy, visions, and dreams. I learned a lot. It was very interesting.
Amanda
Apr 19, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helped with understanding my dreams and visions a lot. In a Biblical knowledge! Which I loved.
Connie Batesole
A must for prophetic folks, which is everyone:) A great reference book also.
  • Basic Training for the Prophetic Ministry: A Call to Spiritual Warfare - Manual
  • Growing in the Prophetic
  • The Happy Intercessor
  • The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting
  • Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence
  • The Three Battlegrounds: An In-Depth View of the Three Arenas of Spiritual Warfare: The Mind, the Church and the Heavenly Places
  • Experiencing God Through Prayer
  • The Essential Guide To Healing
  • The Worship Warrior
  • Release of the Spirit: The Breaking of the Outward Man for
  • Power Healing
  • Blessing or Curse: You Can Choose: Freedom from Pressures You Thought You Had to Live With
  • The School of the Seers: A Practical Guide on How to See in the Unseen Realm

“Elisha was a man of vision, a man of revelation, and he never let go of it. What about you? I don’t know what prophetic promise the Lord may have spoken to you. As Christians, we have the biblical promises as well as the current-day revelatory words that are spoken into each of our lives, which come in a multiplicity of manners. Sometimes they come by the quiet, still witness of the Spirit; at other times, through dreams or visions. They may come from God directly to you or through someone speaking to you what they have received from God. Whatever the case, don’t cast away your dream, for it will have a great reward. Don’t take off your dream coat in the presence of your enemy. Keep the vision God has given you before your eyes. Vision is a power that sustains a people.” 1 likes
“without prophecy, without divine revelation or vision, people will cast off all restraint. They will run wild because they have no guidance—no vision. The Word of God—His law—provides vision and guidance for living, and those who follow it are blessed. All people need a vision to sustain them in life.” 0 likes