Start by marking “Wedding Cake to Turin” as Want to Read:
Wedding Cake to Turin

Wedding Cake to Turin

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  15 reviews
When Charlotte is sent by her boss to deliver a wedding cake to Turin little does she know what she will be letting herself in for. Torn between feelings for her boyfriend and a new man that she meets at the airport, she embarks on a journey of hilarious situations, finding herself mixing with the rich and famous and the Italian Mafia. Charlotte has to decide just how much ...more
Paperback, 1st, 204 pages
Published November 16th 2010 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Cake to Turin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding Cake to Turin

Kelly
It was a chick lit book which I love as an escape. I bought it because it was a cheap buy for my kindle, but it was funny because it turned out to be British and the main character was afraid her life was turning to crap. Her version of turning to crap was living in the area where I lived in England which British people always make fun of where I lived (Essex) so it was funny that it has such a bad rep that even the author of this book made fun it and the shopping center that everyone living in ...more
Lynda Renham
Dec 17, 2010 Lynda Renham rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
What can say, my fave book of the year, well I did write it. :-) Enjoy
Fiona
Charlotte discovers her boss and boyfriend ( soon to be finance) Nigel having a fling behind her back and tasked with the assignment to deliver a wedding cake from Harrods to a society wedding in Turin gives her time to think about what has gone wrong and if Nigel and her still have a chance. On board the flight she is accompanied by Felicity who will be her PA for the trip and continually gets on her nerves. Before the flight is over she meets Michael a Mafia boss who has fallen in love at firs ...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewer: Stephanie
Source: Provided by author for review

Blurb: When Charlotte is sent by her boss to deliver a wedding cake to Turin little does she know what she will be letting herself in for. Torn between feelings for her boyfriend and a new man that she meets at the airport, she embarks on a journey of hilarious situations, finding herself mixing with the rich and famous and the Italian Mafia. Charlotte has to decide just how much she is prepared to do for love but does the man she love trul
Cate P
Jun 02, 2011 Cate P rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romantic comedy & chick lit readers
Right when Charlotte didn't think things could get any worse something else pops up. At the Our Celebs Christmas party Charlotte is sprung with an unplanned trip to Turin for 2 weeks. Her quest is to deliver a wedding cake for an actor's wedding in the Alps without getting a single knick in the cake or icing. Her flight is scheduled for Christmas Eve so she will be spending the holidays alone.

On the airplane she meets a handsome stranger and her feelings begin to tear over trying to still love h
Cathy
Really fun book from self-published author. Love the cover! A whirlwind of events occur when leading lady, Charley heads to Turin to deliver a cake. She meets a new man but his family ties may be more dangerous than Charley is prepared for. An assistant assigned to Charley specifically fort this trip is causing all kinds of added havoc on her own; and Charley suspects her best friend of sleeping with her boyfriend (and also boss) Nigel. From getting arrested to stealing a painting, the action do ...more
Heather
Having loved Croissants & Jam, I was really looking forward to reading Wedding Cake to Turin!

I have to say I was sadly dissapointed, the whole story seemed so great from reading the blurb and it started off really well... however as the story progressed the less believeable it became.

I managed to read to the end, and there were some funny moments and it did leave me smiling but for me it just wasn't quite in the same league as Croissants & Jam.
Tamera
I was looking for a bit of fluff and ended up with a poorly written, less witty version of Bridget Jones. The characters all seemed contrived and formulaic (womanizing jerk of a boss/boyfriend, rich handsome Italian with ties to the mafia). The book starts out in one direction and then does a 360 part way through which seems even more contrived. Finished it but found myself hurrying so that I could read something else.
Charlene
Wedding Cake to Turin started out as a cute fun read, but took several odd turns. Though these diversions made for an unpredictable story, it also left me looking for a little more. Several of the plot turns lacked detail which would have flushed out the story a bit better and would have perhaps made this book a bit more enjoyable. Overall a good beach book, just pay close attention.
Jan
Dec 17, 2012 Jan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
A very fun book to read...it had me going! I kept thinking, as I read it, 'how did Lynda keep all these plot lines straight?' 'How did Lynda think this up?' 'Lynda is hysterical!' Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, it did. Lynda is a friend of mine, but I would like it anyway, this much, and would still ask the same questions!
Tracey
This is the quickest i've EVER read a book i read it in one day!. i'm not sure if its a good or bad thing. It was hilarious from start to finish and as i've been ill it cheered me up no end.. If your feeling down go buy this book its most certainly a mood lifter
Rachel
Loved it :)
Megan Ratcliffe
Feb 14, 2013 Megan Ratcliffe rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVeryone
Shelves: ebook
Again another really funny story from Lynda. Read it on the plane coming back from holiday, I don't think the person sat next to me was too thrilled with me chuckling all the way home.
Joanne McClean
Like it. Very enjoyable but perhaps not as funny as Croissants and Jam or Coconuts and Wonderbras but an entertaining read. Looking forward to reading more from this author! :)
Siobhan
If I could I would have given 0 stars. Don't touch it with a barge pole!
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Jan 22, 2015
Julie-Ann Amos
Julie-Ann Amos marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lynda Renham has been writing for as long as she can remember and had her first work published in a magazine at age nine and has continued writing in various forms since. She has had several poems published as well as articles in numerous magazines and newspapers. Recently she has taken part in radio discussions on the BBC.

She has studied literature and creative writing and has a blog on her web p
More about Lynda Renham...
Croissants and Jam Pink Wellies and Flat Caps It Had to Be You Coconuts and Wonderbras: A Romantic Comedy Adventure Rory's Proposal