Start by marking “Eureka: Brain Box Blues: Brain Box Blues” as Want to Read:
Eureka: Brain Box Blues: Brain Box Blues

Eureka: Brain Box Blues: Brain Box Blues (Eureka #2)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Even the brightest of Eureka's residents can't read someone else's mind. Then Global Dynamics develops the Brain Box: a device capable of capturing and storing human thoughts. When the Box starts messing with people's minds, Sheriff Jack Carter will have to keep his thoughts to himself if he's going to save the town from going out of their heads.
Published November 30th 2010 by Ace Books (first published October 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Eureka, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eureka

Jenette

I went into this book knowing that it wouldn't be near as good as the show so with low expectations I wasn't disappointed by what it had to offer. In this one things got a little too fringe science with elements of things that felt more like they belonged in a paranormal book than in an (admittedly loose) science fiction one. The mystery surrounding the Brain Box was interesting in an overly involved, got bored somewhere in the middle, kind of way but it was enjoyable enough as something to las
Trevor
I'm a pretty big fan of the Eureka TV show on Syfy so I thought I'd check out Cris Ramsay's tie-in novel Brain Box Blues. The premise was promising, very similar to what one might find in a two-part episode of the TV show.

The story revolves around a device called the Brain Box which can extract the final thoughts/feelings from a corpse. Naturally, the General is involved in the project and forces Global Dynamics to use the Brain Box on a man (presumed to be a spy).

I'll start with the good. Cris
Roxanne
I think I might have liked this book better if it wasn't billed as a Eureka book. Because it revolved around my beloved Eureka characters, I expected a little more banter and humor. There was little of either. There was, however, several character missteps which took me right out of the story. For instance, Henry taking over in a medical emergency when Allison was standing right there, and we all know Allison has the medical background.

From a science fiction standpoint, the story wasn't bad. It
Jessica Hollo
I read a few reviews of this, and was somewhat leery, but I decides to give it a try anyway, becuase it was Eureka.
The reviews were pretty much correct. The plot itself was interesting, morally gave you a bit to think about. But that is not what Eureak is all about. Its about the play of characters and the banter, which I found lacking.
I am glad, given that the series is ending, that there are books to carry on. But it gets confusing with the changes in the show.
May try to read more anyway.
Michael O'Donnell
Poorly written. Lame plot. Science that did not gel. A waste of paper, ink and my time. I suppose folk who had followed the series and new some background might something in it....but I doubt it.
Jesse

Not very impressive. It was ok. I read along with the show and that was alright but on the whole it was unsurprising, unexciting, and pretty boring to read.
Steve
This was ok if you're a fan of the show. If not, it is written for a 4th grader and does not do much character development.
Jeanne Boyarsky
Adebayo
Well written and compliments the series well. Would have liked more character detail but was great regardless.
Kim
The brain box starts messing with people's minds. Carter must once again save the day. I enjoyed this quite a bit.
Carolyn
A guilty pleasure to tide me over until the next season of Eureka starts!
Matt
A quick, light read that came as an accompanyment to my birthday present.
Mike Diaz
decent way to get a eureka fix but not as good as show
Brad Lane
Brad Lane marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Vipula Dissanayake
Vipula Dissanayake marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Dovile
Dovile marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Courtney Phillips
Courtney Phillips marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Tom Held
Tom Held marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
I  Sniff Books
I Sniff Books marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Carl
Carl marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Shawn J.
Shawn J. marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
  • Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever
  • Sins of the Father (Fringe, #3)
  • Primeval: The Lost Island (Primeval, #6)
  • Primeval: Shadow of the Jaguar (Primeval, #5)
  • Primeval: Extinction Event
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 5
  • The Light Fantastic (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Adventure Time Vol. 2 Pixel Princesses Original Graphic Novel
  • Mind Over Magic (Psych, #2)
  • Do No Harm
  • Jump Cut (Criminal Minds, #1)
  • The Assassination Game (Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, #4)
  • Doctor Who: Through Time and Space
  • My Dearest Father (Little Black Classics #51)
  • Skin (The X-Files)
  • Siren Song
  • Spock: The Fire and the Rose (Star Trek: Crucible, #2)
  • Town Boy
Cris Ramsay is the house name for Aaron S. Rosenberg, an American novelist and game designer.

Originally from New Jersey and New York, Mr. Rosenberg returned to New York City in 1996 after stints in New Orleans and Kansas. He has taught college-level English and worked in corporate graphics and book publishing. Mr. Rosenberg lives in New York City with his family.
More about Cris Ramsay...

Eureka (3 books)
  • Eureka: Substitution Method (Eureka, #1)
  • Eureka: Road Less Traveled (Eureka, #3)
Eureka: Substitution Method (Eureka, #1) Eureka: Road Less Traveled (Eureka, #3)