Start by marking “Come Thirsty: No Heart Too Dry for His Touch” as Want to Read:
Come Thirsty: No Heart Too Dry for His Touch

Come Thirsty: No Heart Too Dry for His Touch

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,446 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Are you a dry sponge? Edgy and rigid? Ineffective? Would you like to be softened up some? Would you like to be more useful in the hands of the One who made you? Then come to the well, says Max Lucado, to receive the four essential nutrients needed by every soul--Christ's pardon, energy, protection, and love.
Paperback, Large Print, 336 pages
Published January 1st 2007 by Christian Large Print (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Come Thirsty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come Thirsty

Diamond Cowboy
Nov 07, 2015 Diamond Cowboy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a program for hydrating your soul. The programdescribes four essential actions:
1. Accept God's work.
2. Rely on God's energy.
3. Trust God's leadership.
4. Receive God's love.
Enjoy and Be Blessed
Diamond
Scott Ray
Aug 05, 2011 Scott Ray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book in regards to the state of your heart. When you have a dry heart it makes you realize how much it is really you moving away from Christ not the other way around. The info is good it makes you realize why you are feeling dry.

My only problem with the book is in the intro. Rather than just makeing an outline he puts it into a prayer. The prayer is said that if you say it every day you will not have a thirsty heart.

I have the same problem with this as I do with other "say a prayer book" it
Lizzy
Aug 11, 2013 Lizzy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, faith
Nothing new, but good reminders.
Some quotes I like:

Religion pacifies but never satisfies.

Most Christians find the cross of Christ easier to accept than the Spirit of Christ.

The Holy Spirit pours the love OF God in our hearts, not the love FOR God.

Are you afraid of a giant? Then recall the lion and the bear. Don't look forward in fear; look backward in appreciation. God's proof is God's past. Forgetfulness sires fearfulness, but a good memory makes for a good heart.

Cast all your care on Him. Not
Smay
I've read several Max Lucado books over the past year, and I'd have to say this is my general impression of his books. Overall, they have great content and are written in an approachable way, but his wordplay and some of his jokes are forced and awkward. I wouldn't normally comment on things like that, but I found it irritating to the point of being disruptive while reading, even soliciting a few eye rolls ... "Do you keep resentments parked in your 'garudge'?" ... "When angels gather in the bre ...more
Stephanie
Aug 06, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Max Lucado is one of my favorite devotional authors. This is another awesome book. I can't read enough of them.
Amanda
Sep 09, 2007 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian readers or anyone trying to find a spiritual relationship with God
Shelves: spiritual
It's only been recently that I've really come into Christianity, but as someone who immerses themselves in things, I dove into this book after a friend recommended Max Lucado as a great writer for Christians.

Lucado likens letting God into your life like drinking water. When you're thirsty, it's hard to take small sips of water. Likewise, when you need faith, God needs to be drank completely and often. Many of the passages are pretty forceful and those who are unsure of Christianity may feel rat
Ruth Ellison
Apr 03, 2015 Ruth Ellison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Max Lucado's books are so wonderful to read. He deals with all of life's sorrows, problems, defeats, disappointments, and joys of life, and shows us how to let God come into our lives to help us through all our ups and downs. He helps us to see God as our personal friend who will always be there for us, and our Father who loved us so much, He sent His Son to come to earth and willingly shed His blood so we can have forgiveness. Lucado writes in plain everyday language that anyone can understand, ...more
Becky
Nov 27, 2015 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! The author has such a great talent and inspires you with such positivity regarding God'svrelationship with you. HIGHLY recommend!
roland zoe
Dec 17, 2011 roland zoe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
Max Lucado, membawa pembacanya mengarungi sumur kasih Allah melalui buku ini. Dengan rangkaian kata-kata yang baik, ia mampu menerjemahkan kerinduan Allah untuk mencurahkan kasihnya (sampai berkelimpahan) sekaligus menyampaikan teriakan-teriakan jiwa yang mengalahi dehidrasi akan kasihnya. Penulis membawa kita mengingat kembali dan membawa kita untuk selalu datang, menghilangkan mitor-mitos kehidupan rohani agar kita senantiasa mereguk air bahkan sampai tenggelam dalam sumurNya atau yang dipopul ...more
Amanda
Dec 18, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been a longtime fan of Max Lucado and his writings. This book is by far my favorite of all I've read thus far.
Cheryl
Life Changing Book, I have read this book many times!
Carol
Mar 12, 2016 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent as all of Max books usually are! Much food for thought.
I felt it contained a lot of similar content to other books of his, but I really appreciated the last chapter that paraphrased countless promises of God into a "letter" from Him.
Jane Glen
Jul 23, 2016 Jane Glen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious-faith
Lucado knocks it out of the park again. In his unique style, he presents profound truths in a simplistic manner. But don't kid yourself- this is deep and life-changing stuff, if you allow it.
Danni
Aug 07, 2016 Danni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
amazing.
Sally
Jul 07, 2014 Sally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very inspirational with a good workbook at the end.
Teressa
Sep 03, 2013 Teressa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Want to know the condition of your heart? This is a great place to start. I am in love with GOD and I am always seeking new ways to glorify HIM but this book put into perspective, for me, the thirst I long for during this point of my spiritual season. This book has a little bit for everyone of all spiritual seasons, so long you read it carefully and not like a novel. Read it with an expectation of gaining something, and if you allow yourself, then you will. :)
Tamara
Jul 08, 2014 Tamara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Lucado! I am enjoying reading all of his works.
Mar 12, 2009 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, christian
There are some beautiful ideas in this book, but overall I found it to be very repetitive and too much like a church sermon. Maybe I got that feeling because I was listening to the audio, and the reader was sometimes overly dramatic. I wondered why whole paragraphs and entire pages were left out of the audio version.....first time I've come across that scenario! I had to go back and read what I missed.
Percevial
Apr 25, 2015 Percevial rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great devotional read. Max Lucado's writing style is brief yet descriptive. There is a practicality to this text that opened my mind to understanding freely walking in God's grace. I have lived most of my life as a Christian trying to be perfect in a futile effort to earn God's love versus just receiving what he freely gives to those who accept the gift of His sacrifice.
Rebekah_moreradiance.com
I really enjoyed this book! some chapters were very applicable, others not so much.
Jan 05, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always get so much out of Max Lucado's books. I just love how he puts things in ways that I might not have thought about. He also manages to add humor and that is very refreshing. I would recommend this book.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2008...
John
Jul 01, 2007 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book the night before I left for Belize. Like all of Lucado's books, it was encouraging. It was probably a good choice just before going off on a somewhat scary adventure. It pretty much is like all of Lucado's books, and all of Lucado's books are pretty much like this one. Still, what he does he does well.
Dena
Aug 14, 2008 Dena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: god-and-faith
I love Max Lucado's daily devotionals and I would have enjoyed this book more if I had approached it in that way. He is an amazing wordsmith and but in a longer book like that seems a little more disjointed. God has given him a skill with analogies and stories that make our awesome God much easier to understand.
Laurie
Apr 22, 2014 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better Max Lucado books.........very thought provoking.....
Brittany
Jul 30, 2016 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed my first Max Lucado read. This was also excellent for adapting to use as a four-week devotional series for a weekly group.
Janet
Apr 13, 2010 Janet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a good book! BUT most amazing of all is God's timing! I SO needed this right now! It was perfect for facing Rogers situation! I highly recommend this book! Of Course Max Lucado is one of the best communicators out there so it would be almost impossible to go wrong!
Jason Arant
Lucado does an interesting job comparing the work of God's Spirit in our lives to the way water refreshes our bodies. Lucado is good at communicating personal anecdotes in a way that seems like snapshots of our own lives. More of a devotional reading than anything else.

Megan
Sep 02, 2012 Megan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like Max Lucado. I really do. He's smart, in love with God but sometimes I find that I just don't enjoy his books.

I don't know if I can articulate it... but I just couldn't get through this book. Maybe one day I can figure out what it was that just didn't work for me.
Susan O'Bryant
Feb 25, 2011 Susan O'Bryant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
In just two days, I gulped down the refreshing book, "Come Thirsty" by Max Lucado. Pardon the pun, but it really fits! This book was a welcome quenching here at the beginning of 2006. I rarely keep books, but this one will stay in my collection and will be read again and again.
  • So You Want to Be Like Christ?: Eight Essentials to Get You There
  • Heaven: My Father's House - In Troubled Times, Looking Forward With Hope To...
  • Rumors of Another World: What on Earth Are We Missing?
  • I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion
  • Jesus Freaks: Stories of Revolutionaries Who Changed Their World: Fearing God, Not Man
  • The Name
  • Lessons I Learned in the Dark: Steps to Walking by Faith, Not by Sight
  • The Ransomed Heart: A Collection of Devotional Readings
  • Twelve Ordinary Men
  • Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life
  • Night Light: A Devotional for Couples
  • Under God
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition, ...more
More about Max Lucado...