Start by marking “Come Thirsty: No Heart Too Dry for His Touch” as Want to Read:
Come Thirsty: No Heart Too Dry for His Touch

Come Thirsty: No Heart Too Dry for His Touch

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  2,016 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Are you a dry sponge? Edgy and rigid? Ineffective? Would you like to be softened up some? Would you like to be more useful in the hands of the One who made you? Then come to the well, says Max Lucado, to receive the four essential nutrients needed by every soul--Christ's pardon, energy, protection, and love.
Paperback, Large Print, 336 pages
Published January 1st 2007 by Christian Large Print (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Come Thirsty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come Thirsty

Scott Ray
Good book in regards to the state of your heart. When you have a dry heart it makes you realize how much it is really you moving away from Christ not the other way around. The info is good it makes you realize why you are feeling dry.

My only problem with the book is in the intro. Rather than just makeing an outline he puts it into a prayer. The prayer is said that if you say it every day you will not have a thirsty heart.

I have the same problem with this as I do with other "say a prayer book" it
Elizabeth
Nothing new, but good reminders.
Some quotes I like:

Religion pacifies but never satisfies.

Most Christians find the cross of Christ easier to accept than the Spirit of Christ.

The Holy Spirit pours the love OF God in our hearts, not the love FOR God.

Are you afraid of a giant? Then recall the lion and the bear. Don't look forward in fear; look backward in appreciation. God's proof is God's past. Forgetfulness sires fearfulness, but a good memory makes for a good heart.

Cast all your care on Him. Not
Stephanie
Max Lucado is one of my favorite devotional authors. This is another awesome book. I can't read enough of them.
Amanda
Sep 09, 2007 Amanda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian readers or anyone trying to find a spiritual relationship with God
Shelves: spiritual
It's only been recently that I've really come into Christianity, but as someone who immerses themselves in things, I dove into this book after a friend recommended Max Lucado as a great writer for Christians.

Lucado likens letting God into your life like drinking water. When you're thirsty, it's hard to take small sips of water. Likewise, when you need faith, God needs to be drank completely and often. Many of the passages are pretty forceful and those who are unsure of Christianity may feel rat
roland s
Max Lucado, membawa pembacanya mengarungi sumur kasih Allah melalui buku ini. Dengan rangkaian kata-kata yang baik, ia mampu menerjemahkan kerinduan Allah untuk mencurahkan kasihnya (sampai berkelimpahan) sekaligus menyampaikan teriakan-teriakan jiwa yang mengalahi dehidrasi akan kasihnya. Penulis membawa kita mengingat kembali dan membawa kita untuk selalu datang, menghilangkan mitor-mitos kehidupan rohani agar kita senantiasa mereguk air bahkan sampai tenggelam dalam sumurNya atau yang dipopul ...more
I felt it contained a lot of similar content to other books of his, but I really appreciated the last chapter that paraphrased countless promises of God into a "letter" from Him.
Sally
very inspirational with a good workbook at the end.
Teressa
Want to know the condition of your heart? This is a great place to start. I am in love with GOD and I am always seeking new ways to glorify HIM but this book put into perspective, for me, the thirst I long for during this point of my spiritual season. This book has a little bit for everyone of all spiritual seasons, so long you read it carefully and not like a novel. Read it with an expectation of gaining something, and if you allow yourself, then you will. :)
Tamara
Another great read by Lucado! I am enjoying reading all of his works.
There are some beautiful ideas in this book, but overall I found it to be very repetitive and too much like a church sermon. Maybe I got that feeling because I was listening to the audio, and the reader was sometimes overly dramatic. I wondered why whole paragraphs and entire pages were left out of the audio version.....first time I've come across that scenario! I had to go back and read what I missed.
Snorkle
I always get so much out of Max Lucado's books. I just love how he puts things in ways that I might not have thought about. He also manages to add humor and that is very refreshing. I would recommend this book.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2008...
John
I finished this book the night before I left for Belize. Like all of Lucado's books, it was encouraging. It was probably a good choice just before going off on a somewhat scary adventure. It pretty much is like all of Lucado's books, and all of Lucado's books are pretty much like this one. Still, what he does he does well.
Dena
I love Max Lucado's daily devotionals and I would have enjoyed this book more if I had approached it in that way. He is an amazing wordsmith and but in a longer book like that seems a little more disjointed. God has given him a skill with analogies and stories that make our awesome God much easier to understand.
Laurie
One of the better Max Lucado books.........very thought provoking.....
Janet
This was such a good book! BUT most amazing of all is God's timing! I SO needed this right now! It was perfect for facing Rogers situation! I highly recommend this book! Of Course Max Lucado is one of the best communicators out there so it would be almost impossible to go wrong!
Jason Arant
Lucado does an interesting job comparing the work of God's Spirit in our lives to the way water refreshes our bodies. Lucado is good at communicating personal anecdotes in a way that seems like snapshots of our own lives. More of a devotional reading than anything else.

Megan
I like Max Lucado. I really do. He's smart, in love with God but sometimes I find that I just don't enjoy his books.

I don't know if I can articulate it... but I just couldn't get through this book. Maybe one day I can figure out what it was that just didn't work for me.
Susan O'Bryant
In just two days, I gulped down the refreshing book, "Come Thirsty" by Max Lucado. Pardon the pun, but it really fits! This book was a welcome quenching here at the beginning of 2006. I rarely keep books, but this one will stay in my collection and will be read again and again.
Starla Gooch
Lucado is an amazing storyteller. Being the first book of his I've read, I was very impressed with his writing style and am eager to read more. This book is filled with great metaphors and incites that encourage a thirst-quenching relationship with God.
Jill
A lot to digest. I may have to read it again in the future. This was recommended during our Ladies Bible Study. The point Lucado makes about drinking in the Lord is so true. If I do not continually drink from the everlasting fountain, I get very dry!!
Monica
You can be standing waist deep in the river, and still die of thirst...just like you can be surrounded by Gods blessings, but if you never take the time to accept him, you will still die and never see the gates of heaven.

A must read.
Eric
This was my first Max Lucado book. I found the topic simple but he has a great way of making God's word be simply applied. This is a great book to remind you of how God would like us to approach him and the benefits of doing so.
Georgia Herod
Using Jesus’ invitations to come to Him for spiritual nourishment and refreshment, Lucado illustrates the importance and necessity of quenching our hunger and thirst for God with Jesus. Typically well written, fresh, easy to absorb.
John
This is the first book by Max that I read and the one thing that stuck in my heart from this book is to not worry. A must read.
Mary
Used this book for a weekly study with a few friends. Max Lucado's questions at the end of each chapter led to some interesting discussions and helped in our spiritual growth.
Kate Lowery
I remember that this book impacted me so much that I felt changed. Then I lent it to someone else to read and never saw it again. Max Lucado is an amazing author and teacher.
Diana
Lucado always does a good job of touching the heart where it needs it most. This was just what I needed to draw me out of the dry wastelands that I felt I had gotten lost in.
Trias
Hadiah ulang tahun kedua-puluh dari CG 3 :D
Buku bagus. Sebenarnya membaca buku ini sambil diselingi buku Namaku Matahari. Malah duluan selesai Namaku Matahari.
Vanessa Mays
A wonderfully inspirational Christian story. Lucado is great writer who is able to translate the bible and it's meaning into everyday language that we can understand.
Elissa
Don't attempt to read the audio book version. The reader made even the amusing parts sound bland. I know I would have enjoyed this book much more in print.
  • So You Want to Be Like Christ?: Eight Essentials to Get You There
  • Rumors of Another World: What on Earth Are We Missing?
  • I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion
  • Twelve Ordinary Men
  • Why?: Trusting God When You Don't Understand
  • When God Doesn't Make Sense
  • Believing God
  • Jesus Freaks: Stories of Revolutionaries Who Changed Their World: Fearing God, Not Man
  • Epic: The Story God Is Telling and the Role That Is Yours to Play
  • Lessons I Learned in the Dark
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition, ...more
More about Max Lucado...
You Are Special He Chose the Nails Facing Your Giants In the Grip of Grace: You Can't Fall Beyond His Love Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear