Start by marking “Under Cover” as Want to Read:
Under Cover

Under Cover

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  794 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Based on John's live presentation of the Biblical principles he explored in the book by the same title, Under Cover will help you undertake a serious, Holy Spirit led study of God's authority. Your shield of faith will be strengthened by Biblical awareness in order to protect you from some of the most dangerous arrows of the enemy.
Published November 13th 2001 by Thomas Nelson (first published April 10th 2001)

Karen Wong
Aug 24, 2009 Karen Wong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you struggling to submit to leaders at home, work, church or government?
This book will help you understand through scriptures why and how we should submit to authority as God commands.

When reading or listening to John Bevere one cannot go away unchallenged. It is not because he himself challenges us but it is because he presents God’s word as the pure and irrefutable truth.

As Bevere describes in the first section of his book, the purpose of the message conveyed in it is “to reveal to us the
Deborah
Jul 20, 2009 Deborah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dangerous and down right injurious teaching based more on Old Testament hierarchy then the New Testament church structure of Christ as head. Such flawed logic/doctrine, at one point equates the authority of the minister in a church to that of a king. Other equally disturbing stretches and uses of scripture taken out of context.

Robert
Apr 21, 2013 Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians who wants to submit to God completely.
Shelves: 2013-reads
I recommend this to all Christians who lacks submission to God!

I never regret reading this book and give it 5 stars. SUBMISSION TO AUTHORITY is the main focus of this book which was a great thing to ponder especially to those who are reluctant and tough to God's commands. We don't own our life, it's for God not for this world. We have to submit to Him wholeheartedly and also with those who have higher authority over us whether they may be our own parents, employers, church leaders, government le
Misty Broqi
Feb 24, 2010 Misty Broqi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was definitly a God send. It was about how you should honor and obey authority and the consequences if you don't. He provides plenty of examples of those in the bible who did and didn't. This really spoke to me I think God is trying to reveal how much of a rebellious attitude I have had that has begun since I was 3 or 4 and how because of it I have not grown as spiritually as I would like. I'm going to try to be more submissive to Salvador and to those who are over me including my director ...more
Kacicalvaresi
I'm kind of shocked by all the five star ratings. John should leave the writing to Lisa. The book contained some amazing points, but the bulk of what I took away came from the Biblical research I did on my own. After reading the Biblical references in the book I kept going to my Bible and finding that scriptures were used to back up his opinions as opposed to his writing backing up scripture.
Bernadette
Oct 25, 2012 Bernadette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very remarkable on its way of pushing people to hear the voice of God through every word. I would say that every word in this book counts.
I'm only on page 94 but it feels like I'm on the verge of revealing the plot. BUT I have to remember that this is not a story but is a compilation of the author's testimonies.

This is definitely food for my soul. :)
John Sylvert
Jun 25, 2015 John Sylvert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. There is a protection and blessing in follwing authorities, telling as well the sanctions of sins, developing great foundation about intimacy with Christ, Mr. John Bevere thought me of "God will put you to places you really don't want, not because to hurt you but because to give others a chance to know that there is Christ" and salvation is not for us only. It helps me more things about supernatural and spiritual warfare. By the experiences with Mr. Bevere, i learn, with the mistakes ...more
Lindsey
Jan 01, 2009 Lindsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is AMAZING! It changed the way I viewed so many things. This book is packed with scripture and God has really given John Bevere wisdom.
Chesney Schilling
John Bervere teaches on the touchy subject of authority and opens eyes to the blessings you get when you submit.
Adrienna
This book spoke on obedience, subjected under authority, and disobedience and how these factors can have a bearing on your life's decisions and loose out on your very blessings and covering under God. The chapter(s) that spoke the most to me and highlighted or marked up my book, where I was so receptive to its teachings was Chapter 5 and especially Chapter 6 on "the Consequences of Disobedience 1 and 2". I was also able to see my own flaws, faults, and disobedience that may have been overlooked ...more
Shiloh
Jan 05, 2010 Shiloh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shiloh by: Brian and Lisa Skaggs
Excellent
Erin
Sep 02, 2008 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone seeking to understand true spiritual authority
This was an amazing book that God trul convicted me through in the area of submission, and God showed me His truths through it. He showed me just how serious Jesus was in regard to submission and rebellion. God showed me that He also wants us to submit in the family unit-to our parents-regardless if they are saved yet or not. I realized through John Bevere's personal example of being blinded by rebellion towards parents that God truly places His wisdom on them even if they aren't saved. He place ...more
Brian Ming
Feb 24, 2015 Brian Ming rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every church or lay-leader should read this book. It helps any leader with one of the most important lessons of leadership--are you truly submitted to the leadership above you. Many believe they are--like me--until I read this book. Very insightful!
Ruth
Oct 09, 2013 Ruth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The is another excellent book by John Bevere. It explores and highlight the absolute necesity for the Christian to walk in obedience to God. It explains what will happen to those who disobry God and the protection that is freely availible to the Christian who chooses to live a life of obedience to God. The light of God's word exposes deception and discerns the thoughts and intentions of the hearts of men.
On the subject of the consequences of disobedience Bevere says 'He (God) lifts his hand of p
Lucas Cherry
Mar 03, 2014 Lucas Cherry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This may be the book that has impacted me the most other than the Bible. How we deal with authority is so important. If we remove ourselves from that protection we better watch out!
Brett
Jun 29, 2012 Brett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John Bevere brings Biblically sound, practical teaching to a new level in his book, Under Cover. In this book, he shows how one can stay under the covering of God, and also some of the ways Satan uses to strip God's covering from believers without them even realizing it. One example is that speaking against the ruler of one's people causes God to pull His covering away, since a critical, rebellious spirit is being brought against the one God appointed to rule, even if he or she rules poorly. Th ...more
Eddy Perez
Feb 24, 2014 Eddy Perez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
after reading this book change my thoughts at my work place .made me more a servant with a heart
Mark DeJesus
Apr 17, 2014 Mark DeJesus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book that every church needs to read and go through together.
Jeff Miller
Good Biblical principles and insight for those entering any stage of ministry. This is also good for anyone who is under any authority position whether it be ministry or business. There needs to be a caveat to this review, however. I have a hard time believing his sickness was caused by disobedience; and I believe principles in this book--if taken out of context--could mislead church leaders to becoming unintentionally oppressive, causing an abusive situation in the church. This book should be r ...more
CJ Manlapaz
Aug 23, 2015 CJ Manlapaz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Melissa
Mar 31, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm completely surprised by what John Bevere wrote. Not because it is something new but because it is something that most of us Christians--me included--have overlooked.

What I learned from this book is that to be truly under the covering of the Lord, one has to obey His commands which seems easy but actually hard to do in real life. Still there are no buts and ifs with the Lord. It requires total submission to His authority and to the authorities that He has set upon us.

Quite an eye opener.
Holly
Mar 01, 2015 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this slow reading because it was so convicting. It will be one book that I'll want to read several times before all of my walls are down. The author makes a great case for obedience to all authority which is delegated by God (which is ALL authority), like it or not. If you are a Christian, it's a must read.
Faith
Jul 19, 2009 Faith is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is the new book we're reading in my women's group at church. We're up to chapter 3 & 4 and so far I'm really enjoying it. This book is all about being under God's divine authority and how to respect and obey God's delegated authorities in our lives even at times when we think we're right and they're wrong (as long as it doesn't go against God's commands). I'm looking forward to future discussions and reading further through this book and will update this as we go along.
Kerry
Jul 21, 2012 Kerry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must read for anyone wanting to get closer to God. It sheds light in dark areas we may never have realized were a part of us. We are ALL called to be in submission and obedience to God as well as others appointed over us. By reading this, the Holy Spirit has convicted me in some areas that I unknowingly was not completely submitted in. Through my repentance and faith, I will walk in victory in these areas. (Thanks John Bevere for this awesome book)
Anna
Sep 21, 2011 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-2009
Second only to the Bible, the book that has contributed most to my view of God and how coming under that covering is not only essential but desirable, very contradictory to our culture and what I believed/lived before. Each time I read it, God continues to work in me and shave of more of the areas I cling to, and as I strive to walk in obedience He answers with redemption, healing, and miracles I could not have imagined in myself and my family.
Latonya
Feb 09, 2009 Latonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never truly understood the value and the importance of honoring and respecting authority until I read this book. Even if leadership is bad, the Word of God tells us to honor and be respecful. No authority is given accept that which God allows. We may not always understand, but God is sovereign and knows what He is doing. When we submit to authority, we are under God's covering.
David Gillatt
Apr 17, 2015 David Gillatt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book that will help you understand the importance of spiritual leadership in your life. For me it reinforced the faith that I can have in God's sovereignty as I rely on the wisdom, direction, and instruction of leaders that God placed in my life. I can have full faith that God will direct their hearts to direct mine in the right path toward Him.
Dayna
Aug 25, 2009 Dayna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic and taught me how important it is to respect and submit to authority God has put over me so that he can protect me. So often we think life is a democracy (our society is, of course) but my ultimate reality is God's kingdom and there is no democracy there (hence KING).
  • Be Angry But Don't Blow It: Maintaining Your Passion Without Losing Your Cool
  • The God Catchers
  • Christ the Healer
  • A Tale of Three Kings
  • The Three Battlegrounds: An In-Depth View of the Three Arenas of Spiritual Warfare: The Mind, the Church and the Heavenly Places
  • The Holy Wild: Trusting in the Character of God
  • The Worship Warrior
  • The Bondage Breaker
  • Seven Things That Steal Your Joy: Overcoming the Obstacles to Your Happiness
  • In the Eye of the Storm
Marked by boldness and passion, John Bevere delivers uncompromising truth through his award-winning curriculums and bestselling books, now in more than 60 languages, including "The Bait of Satan," "Drawing Near" and "Driven by Eternity." He is an international speaker and co-host of "The Messenger" TV program broadcast worldwide.

John enjoys living in Colorado Springs with his wife, Lisa, also a b
More about John Bevere...