Start by marking “Algebra and Geometry: Anything But Square! (Basher Science)” as Want to Read:
Algebra and Geometry: Anything But Square! (Basher Science)

Algebra and Geometry: Anything But Square! (Basher Science)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The best-selling author of Math and Punctuation now turns his attention to the fun and funky characters in Geometry and Algebra. Meet Polygon and Plane, Reflection and Rotation, Odd Number and his buddy Even Number and the three amigos Sine, Cosine and Tangent. Discover the secrets of their world and how they like to throw their numbers about. Bringing his charming ma
Published June 21st 2011 by Kingfisher

To ask other readers questions about Algebra and Geometry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Algebra and Geometry

Jacob
I was curious about this series to see if it really was educational in a way that engages kids. My two or three older kids (ages 3-9) have certainly picked this up repeatedly and looked at it, and even read parts of it. When I read through it to see why they kept checking it out, but never stuck with it for very long, I think I figured it out. The illustrations are pretty interesting and the anthropomorphic interpretations of math concepts are interesting, but then the math related text is kind ...more
Feathertail
Interesting, gives facts, and is a wonderful guide through Math, Algebra and Theory description of elements of Math and their uses..from their respective perspectives. Funny and {I would} well recremend it to all ages.
Zww
I like books that hurt my head. I learned about a bunch of stuff. (age 8)
Amanda
Everyone knows i hate math but this book was actually very useful! It gave so much information in such a simplified easy understanding way.The book defines each aspect of the type of math then gives examples and remembering tools.It also gives fun graphic pictures for each one!
Sally
Basically dumbed down kids' encyclopedias with irrelevant kawaii-style illustrations. Might be useful in a situation where relying on a variety of books/explanations helps bring a difficult point home, but not a very good stand-alone series.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Uses humor and fun to help explain math concepts. Somethings still seemed a bit difficult to understand, but may be me.
Dillon Evans
it was good it taught me what i needed to now for 7th grade and 8th grade its really handy.
Renee
Aug 23, 2012 Renee rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 6th-9th
Shelves: ya-nonfiction
3.5 The illustrations are super cute. The series is Basher Science.
Waits
Waits marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Tracy Peirano
Tracy Peirano marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Lucy Barker
Lucy Barker marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Laura Serrato
Laura Serrato marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Sweetmongoose
Sweetmongoose marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Anu Samrat
Anu Samrat marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Periodic Table: Elements with Style! (Basher Science) Physics: Why Matter Matters! Astronomy: Out of This World! Rocks and Minerals: A Gem of a Read! (Basher Science) Chemistry: Getting a Big Reaction! (Basher Science)