Start by marking “Affaire Royale (Cordina #1)” as Want to Read:
Affaire Royale (Cordina #1)

Affaire Royale (Cordina's Royal Family #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,778 ratings  ·  58 reviews
A New York Times Bestselling Author

Poor Brie could remember nothing; even her family were strangers to her. With Reeve's prodding, her memory began to awaken. But his warm heart and calming
Mass Market Paperback, 218 pages
Published October 1st 1993 by Silhouette (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Affaire Royale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Affaire Royale

Vision in White by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
148th out of 202 books — 1,058 voters
One for the Money by Janet EvanovichDead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisDark Lover by J.R. WardThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCrocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters
Series with Sass
172nd out of 195 books — 142 voters

More lists with this book...

Manisha
5 royally romantic stars

Her Serene Highness Princess Gabriella Madeline Justine Bisset of Cordina or just Brie has lost her memory after being kidnapped and the only person she trusts now doesn't belong to her family, is rather a stranger, a private detective, a family friend Reeve MacGee.

Reeve is about to start a new life at his farm, leaving a long career behind being a cop and later a detective.
So he has no business getting involved in others's lives to sort it out or otherwise especially B
Caroline
I've been aware for some time of Ms Roberts' illustrious career at the top of the best-seller charts, and her prolific output in several genres.

I don't know why I put off reading one of her books for so long. Perhaps it was a reluctance to open and drink a fine vintage wine.

I'm also not sure why I chose this book as a starter. Maybe it wasn't the best choice, or maybe it's representative of her work.

Whatever the case, I didn't enjoy it at all.

The characters were as anonymous as the models on th
Adriana Fogaça
O Reino de Cordina
Romance Real
Nora Roberts
Harlequin
2013

Bom, não sou fã de estórias onde a realeza está presente.

Prefiro um cowboy a um príncipe. Não tenho paciência pra esse negocio de príncipe e princesa.

Mas muitos de nossas amiguinhas e amiguinhos adoram livros com a nobreza e afins.

Então, para essas pessoas, recomendo, porque no livros tem tudo que eles gostam, como:

O protocolo interminável, o romance complicadíssimo, a vingança completamente sem sentido, a traição de pessoas que até então e
Book Concierge
ZERO stars

Roberts may be hugely popular, and more power to her, but this book is just terrible. The writing is hackneyed; the plot is contrived, makes little sense and doesn’t flow; the characters are one-dimensional; the dialogue is inane.

The premise is that Princess Gabriella Bisset, Princess Royal of Cordina (a principality with a striking resemblance to Monaco), has been kidnapped but managed to escape with her life, but with no memory at all of who she is, who took her, how they did it, w
Lyndi
Edit: I read this book two years ago and rated it three stars. I attempted to reread it and DNF'd it at 27%. I subtracted one star for that. My original "review" is marked at the very bottom.

Dear god, revisiting this one was a mistake. Brie is a horrible female MC and I pity Reeve for having to put up with her. I made it 27% before realizing I've hated this woman since she the moment she woke up with amnesia, her second scene - the first being a terrifying escape through the woods that makes you
Uthie
Menjadi anggota kerajaan tentunya berbeda dengan masyarakat biasaa. Selain kesenangan berupa akses apapun yang tak terhingga, ada juga ancaman serius akan kehidupan anggota kerajaan. Putri Gabriella, anggota kerajaan Cordina telah merasakannya. Ia diculik oleh segerombolan orang dan kini setelah bebas ia malah menderita amnesia.
Agar tidak menimbulkan kepanikan di kalangan masyarakat serta tidak membuat senang para penculik kondisi Gabriella dirahasiakan dari umum. Untuk menjaga keselamatan sekal
Erin
I'm a sucker for love stories about royals hooking up with average Joes. My only complaint was that there was a family tree in the BEGINNING of the book that gave away what happens in this book and both sequels. Come on... I know that they're going to fall in love with the "wrong" person, but let me at least pretend to think it won't happen for a second. :)
Nicole
Wow, reading some of the reviews, the ratings are pretty harsh. They must not be true Roberts fans. I on the other hand loved the book. I was a bit annoyed with all the smoking references. I can't stand Heros that smoke. Then I saw this was originally published in 1986. Things were a lot different then. I thought the story interesting about a girl who was kidnapped and had lost her memory. She wasn't just any girl, but a princess of a country called Cordina. Her memory slowly comes back to her b ...more
Duncan Mandel

With Her Serene Highness Gabriella suffering from amnesia and her kidnappers still on the loose, Prince Armand lost no time in calling his close friend, American detective Reeve MacGee. Poor Brie could remember nothing; even her family were strangers to her. With Reeve's prodding, her memory bega...

Gramedia Pustaka Utama

Ini adalah seri pertama dari trilogi kerajaan Cordina.
Menceritakan tentang Putri Gabrielle yang saat kehilangan ingatan diselamatkan oleh Reeve McGee.Reeve diutus oleh ayah Gabriel untuk menyelamatkannya saat diculik oleh orang-orang tidak dikenal.

Setelah selamat dari penculikan, sayangnya Gabriel kehilangan ingatan sehingga tidak dapat mengetahui siapa orang yang menculik dirinya. Dan untuk tetap melindungi Gabriel, Reeve harus berpura-pura menjadi tunangan Gabriel...dan ternyata ia benar-bena
Aimee
I was having a domestic goddess day at home and decided why not read a Nora Roberts?? lol

quick easy predictable read. I wasn't really a fan of Brie, I thought she was annoying. I think this book could have been better with some better character development.
Paraphrodite
It's interesting how smoking turned from a manly and sophisticated habit to one that's now considered to be deadly and addictive. Sometimes reading these oldies really brings home how the world has changed in the three decades since this book was written.
J.W.
A little shorter than I normally like, not as detailed as she normally makes her stories...

But it was good. I liked Brie and Reeve, and the background. i felt for her with not knowing who she was, how her family felt, etc
anne corman
Romantic mystery

Romantic mystery

this was easy to read and entailed a mystery entwined with romance. you could easily visualiz the characters through the author's descriptive writing.
IronBlossom
Pretty basic little love story. A bit dated, I think it was written in the 80s. Cute little escape after the heavy tragics I've been reading lately, which was exactly what I wanted.
Annette Meier
It was going great with intrigue and wonder as to what will happen . . . until the end. It ended so abruptly that the build-up was wasted. :(
Britta
Her Serene Highness Princess Gabriella de Cordina, known to her friends and family as Brie, was found running along a rural road like a woman possessed before she passed out. Coming back from the brink of death, Brie can’t remember anything. No one around her looks familiar; not her father, Prince Armand, ruler of Cordina, or her brothers Alexander and Bennett. Not even the handsome man who has come to protect her from an unknown danger ...

Read the rest of my review at my book blog.
Sophie
Romance with a twist of mystery thrown in. Gabriella is kidnapped and suffers amnesia - this is about what happens while she gets her memory back.
Angela
Brie is a European princess who was kidnapped, escaped and has lost her memory. Reeve is an American cop hired by brie's father to protect her and investigate who may have taken her.

I found this book in the office at work and have been reading it when it's slow at night. It was alright. A cute love story nothing spectacular but decent to kill time and occupy my mind while waiting for my shift to end.

I'll be reading the next book in the series as its part of this first one. I don't know if I'll
Belle
Why are you hitting on the amnesiac princess? Why does she have no personality? Why was this so slow?
Denise Link
read as part of Cordina's Royal Family. Predictable, easy beach read
Sue
3.5 Better than most royal romances. But I prefer a more spunky royal.
Grace Cieleen
I love you Nora Roberts but what was that?
Celia
Not bad I liked how it all came together
A. Jones
Kind of boring and it didn't have the great dialogue I'm used to from Ms. Roberts.
Shayann
i didnt like the way it ended either.
Dawn
Princess Brie was kidnapped and lost her memory. Ex-cop American, Reeve, is there at her family's request to protect her. They had met before and have never forgotten one another. Brie is willful and does not like the structure of the royal life. She is frustrated through out the whole book and whines a lot. The plot line was fair and of course the guy gets the girl. It was a decent read, but did not suck me in like some of Nora's other books.
Katrina Perolino
It was a good start for the series. I rate three stars, since it was a pretty good book, although the part where Brie had recovered her memory was a little rushed, and Reeve was so kept and so trusting at the same time, I got confused. I read this because it was from Nora Roberts, and since she's a stickler for writing romance, I guess she was on the right track.
Tessie
Adorable! The chemistry was sweet and the steamy scenes were fun but not too over the top. The mystery was intriguing and kept me guessing until the end. The mismatched pair clicked so quickly and fiercely that I really enjoyed watching them dance around it before finally just going for it. I can't wait to read about her brother, Alexander, in the next novel in the series.
  • The Devil's Own (Hellraisers, #2)
  • Diamond Girl
  • The Sicilian Surrender (O'Connells, #2)
  • The Master Player
  • Bachelor Sisters : Menjadi Mempelai - To Become A Bride (Book 2)
  • Call of the Untamed (Call of the Lycan, #2)
  • Belahan Jiwa Sang Playboy (Counts of Calvani , #1)
  • The Disobedient Bride
  • Sang Playboy Paris (The Parisian Playboy)
  • Sakura Card Captors, Volume 1
  • Ein unmoralisches Sonderangebot
  • Kids Is a 4-Letter Word
  • The Royal Wedding Night
  • Ya, Saya Bersedia, Tapi... (I Do, I Do... For Now)
  • The Mating Seduction (Werewolves of Montana, #3)
  • The Magnate's Mistress
  • Raintree: Sanctuary (Raintree, #3)
  • A Royal Baby on the Way (Royally Wed, #1)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

Cordina's Royal Family (4 books)
  • Command Performance (Cordina #2)
  • The Playboy Prince (Cordina #3)
  • Cordina's Crown Jewel (Cordina, #4)