Start by marking “Fatal Network” as Want to Read:
Fatal Network

Fatal Network (Jake Adams International Thriller #1)

When private security consultant Jake Adams is hired by a Portland, Oregon technology company to find one of its missing employees in Germany, Jake figures it will be an easy job. Fly to Germany, find the man shacking up with some fraulein, and report back his findings. But nothing is easy for Adams, a former CIA and Air Force intelligence officer. He quickly stumbles into ...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Salvo Press (first published January 28th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Network, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Network

Jim A
Dec 16, 2014 Jim A rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good entertainment read. Fatal Network is billed as Book 1 of the Jake Adams series, but there were times when the author's depiction of relationships made me feel like I had walked into the middle of a movie. Not sure what had transpired in the past with many of the characters and Jake Scott. I thought that it was rather strange. Maybe further along in the series there will be more backstory with some of those characters.

Trevor
Feb 23, 2015 Trevor rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Trevor Scott book and is the first in the Jake Adams series. This was a good first book and sees retired Military/CIA operative, now self employed, Jake tracking down computer espionage for Teredata International Semiconductors. The story runs on two fronts, Germany and Italy, leaving Jake to try and put the pieces together. The ending was a bit to clean and completed with very little fuss. I will be interested to see how the series builds.
Walt Mccluskey
Aug 02, 2014 Walt Mccluskey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Fatal Network

Good mixing of diverse flows of mystery thriller stories from different approaches to make a truly unique series of solutions that kept me interested and just behind the author. I was able to see the scenes in my mind's eye which seems a sign of good writing. Recommended.
Mike Schneider
It is an O.k. book. My biggest complaint is that it seemed to end abruptly. It left me thinking why author spend so much on this or that to just end the story without ever explaining why this or that was important to spend words on. I suspect it had more to do with the publisher/editor than it did with the author.
Robyn
Sep 21, 2015 Robyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth reading

I had never read this author but after reading some of the reviews decided to read one of his books, was really glad I did as thoroughly enjoyed the book and have already purchased a second book.
Dennis
Mar 23, 2016 Dennis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing read

At first it was hard to follow from the way it skipped from one scene to another. It did all come together in the end. By the time you are 3/4 through the book you will have the ending figured out.
Doreen Murray
Feb 17, 2015 Doreen Murray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
how do I download this book? I have already read the sample

I would like to read the whole book'!!

This is. To what I imagined when I signed up I would like to read the whole book.!
Bob Stephens
Entertaining but plot was a bit thin

An interesting and entertaining read but plot and characters were not well developed. My first exposure to this author and I will probably read at least one more of his books. Did not like the many loose ends left when I finished the book.
Bob
Apr 26, 2015 Bob rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read of Trevor Scott. The price was right and it seemed to be the style for which I was looking. Overall it filed the bill. I will cut some slack since it is the first book of the series. I expect the back story to fill in a bit better as the series continues.
Bob
Mar 31, 2015 Bob rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Average spy thriller

Character development was weak. A bunch of details were either understood or just skipped over. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't drawn in by it. If I run out of everything else to read, I might continue on the series.
Pete Schrader
Ok

Not great not terrible. By the end I was thinking who cares which company ends up with the technology. I'll read book two and see if the series gets better.
Bobbie
Feb 10, 2016 Bobbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read but the story wasn't really very good and it was hard to keep track of who was a good guy and who was a bad guy
Marguerite
not sure about these books i knew "who-done-it" half way through the book and am not sure if that was the idea or not!
'jeri
'jeri rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
May 03, 2013
Joseph T.
Joseph T. rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Jon
Jon rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Robert M. Sullivan
Robert M. Sullivan rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2016
Jpt
Jpt rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2014
Darin Miller
Darin Miller rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Paul Rudy
Paul Rudy rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Frank Cionti
Frank Cionti rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Joe
Joe rated it really liked it
May 24, 2015
Jeff
Jeff rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2012
Michelle W. Cayard
Michelle W. Cayard rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2015
Roxy Stiglingh
Roxy Stiglingh rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Terri Modlich
Terri Modlich rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
James Derwin
James Derwin rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Peter Nebenfuhr
Peter Nebenfuhr rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Quentin Feduchin
Quentin Feduchin rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015
  • Masters of Empire: Great Lakes Indians and the Making of America
  • To-Do List Makeover: A Simple Guide to Getting the Important Things Done (Productive Habits Book 2)
  • Dark Territory: The Secret History of Cyber War
  • Chain of Events
  • Rothstein: The Life, Times, and Murder of the Criminal Genius Who Fixed the 1919 World Series
  • Burke's War: American Sniper Delta Force Mafia Murder Mystery (Burke, #1)
  • Just Another Job (Jonathan Quinn, #0.2)
  • A Killing in Kensington (Patrick Shea Mystery, #2)
  • Rogue Threat (Threat, #2)
  • Fly By Wire (Jammer Davis #1)
  • Twisted Web (Nolan Kilkenny, #3)
  • Scion
  • Gnosis
  • Till the Butchers Cut Him Down
  • The Spy (Jed Walker, #1)
  • Eye of the Storm (Black Eagle Force, #1)
  • Wild Card (Tony Valentine #0.5)
  • Pieces of Eight: A Story of Sex & Love, Trust & Betrayal
Trevor Scott was born in Duluth, Minnesota. He is the author of more than two dozen mystery/thriller novels in the Jake Adams International Thriller Series, the Hypershot Series, and the Tony Caruso Mystery Series. He has a master's in creative writing from Northern Michigan University and a bachelor's in English from the University of Minnesota, Duluth. He served in the U.S. Navy working with ord ...more
More about Trevor Scott...

Jake Adams International Thriller (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Extreme Faction (Jake Adams International Thriller, #2)
  • The Dolomite Solution (Jake Adams International Thriller, #3)
  • Vital Force (Jake Adams International Thriller, #4)
  • Rise of the Order (Jake Adams International Thriller, #5)
  • The Cold Edge (Jake Adams International Thriller, #6)
  • Without Options (Jake Adams International Thriller, #7)
  • The Stone of Archimedes (Jake Adams International Thriller, #8)
  • Lethal Force (Jake Adams International Thriller, #9)
  • Rising Tiger (Jake Adams International Thriller, #10)
  • Counter Caliphate (Jake Adams International Thriller #11)

“● “Walt, the guy” 0 likes