Start by marking “Norma Jean, Jumping Bean” as Want to Read:
Norma Jean, Jumping Bean

Norma Jean, Jumping Bean

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Illus. in full color. "Kangaroo child Norma Jean loves to jump. The problem is that her jumping gets out of hand, causing accidents and some ruffled feelings among her friends, and Norma stops her jumping entirely. But when the school's field-day games come up, Norma Jean is coaxed back into action long enough to win ribbons. Light, popular fare for beginning readers."--Bo ...more
Published April 21st 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published April 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Norma Jean, Jumping Bean, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Norma Jean, Jumping Bean

Hope Johnson
This is a cute easy book for a student who is beginning to read. It teaches a lesson that there is a time and a place for your actions and the time and place is not always at school. It would be a great book for a guided reading book to talk about using quotations in writing.
Paula

Norma Jean, whose love of jumping might be a bit excessive, stops her favorite activity after her friends complain, but participation in the school Olympics proves there is a time and place for jumping.
Randie
Norma Jean loves jumping but sometimes her friends do not. Norma Jean learns that she can be a jumping bean without upsetting her friends. Nice book for promoting individuality.
Kristen Collins
A sweet story about being yourself. I know a few kids that really could've benefitted from reading this book at a young age.
Candice Snow
I used to read this book so much when I was little that now the spine is nothing but a strip of tape.

The story follows a kangaroo named Norma Jean, who (naturally) loves to jump. However, she finds out the hard way that there is an appropriate time and place for everything.

It is a great story for kids to learn that their rambunctiousness can be best utilized by focusing it on their passions.
Peggy
Norma Jean has been a favorite in our house for several years - first with my oldest son and now with my youngest. This is a beginning reader book, but is an excellent picture book in it's own right. I believe it deserves classic status right along with Frog and Toad and Little Bear!
Shannon
Never has there ever been such an accurate book depicting me and my life.

I support independent bookstores. You can use this link to find one near you or order NORMA JEAN, JUMPING BEAN on IndieBound: http://www.indiebound.org/book/978039...
jacky
This book was a gift to me. Its an early reader about a hyper little girl kangaroo. The name of the story has stayed with me because its cute, but I don't remember the plot and I don't think it was meant to tell me to be more calm as a kid either.
Tyler Caudill
Apr 12, 2013 Tyler Caudill rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any kid before 8 years old
Recommended to Tyler by: my Sister
I read this book at least 100 times when I was 4 or 5. I loved it..it teaches kids there is a time and place for what fun things you love to do, but don't let that get in the way of the responsible things you need to do in life.
Allie
Everyone should remember the first book they read on their own and this is mine. Thank you Mrs. Wallace at Dowell Elementary!
Molly
I loved this book growing up. It was a cute story, with cute pictures.
Kimberly B.
I remember reading this book over and over again when I was little.
Nasreen
This was my very first book, given to me by my 1st grade teacher. :)
Erin
This was the first book I ever read!
Rachel
I liked it. ⭐⭐⭐
Cws
May 14, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR2-Col
Melissa Sue
Melissa Sue marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Kanishka
Kanishka marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Brenda
Brenda added it
Nov 17, 2014
Chris Meier
Chris Meier marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Marie
Marie added it
Oct 04, 2014
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Dilnoza
Dilnoza marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Joanna Cole who also writes under the pseudonym B. J. Barnet is an author of children’s books who teaches science.

She is most famous as the author of The Magic School Bus series of children's books. Joanna Cole has written over 250 books ranging from her first book Cockroach to her famous series Magic School Bus.

Cole was born in Newark, New Jersey, and grew up in nearby East Orange. She loved scie
More about Joanna Cole...
The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus, #3) The Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System (The Magic School Bus, #4) The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor (The Magic School Bus, #5) The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs The Magic School Bus Sees Stars: A Book About Stars