Start by marking “Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)” as Want to Read:
Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)

Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  8 reviews

"Time shall unfold what plighted cunning hides..."
-- William Shakespeare

"The Vulcan Science Directorate has concluded that time travel is impossible."
-- T'Pol

The Starship Enterprise NX-01 has carried its crew farther into the reaches of space than any human has ever travelled. Commanded by Captain Jonathan Archer, they have charted new stars, explored planets, and ma

Mass Market Paperback, 305 pages
Published October 30th 2002 by Pocket Books/ Simon & Schuster (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Shockwave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shockwave

Heather Domin
I stopped at about the 1/3 mark - it's a bit spoon-feedy, and I couldn't stay focused. I'll come back to it later. (If only there was a "Partially Read" shelf, sigh.)
Tammy
As a shuttle from the Enterprise lands on a mining colony, the atmosphere ignites killing all the colonists. All signs point to an engineering malfunction or crew error. The Soval, the Vulcan Ambassador, sees this incident as yet another sign that humans are not ready for space, and recommends the Enterprise be grounded.

This book is a novelization of two part episode of the season one finale and the season two premiere. I don't remember watching the episode although the scene where Hoshi gets vo
David King
"Shockwave" is a novelization of two Star Trek episodes; namely the Season 1 Finale and the Season 2 premier. I have to admit that I found Shockwave to be one of the better stories in the initial few seasons of the show so I was looking forward to refreshing my memory with this novel.

The basic premise of the story is that the Enterprise manages to vaporise several thousand people in a major accident whilst visiting a planet. Then, as the Enterprise prepares to be recalled back to Earth, Captain
Tory
I tend to really like the books based on episodes/movies. They get you into the characters' heads and let you know what's going on inside. They also give additional scenes that were cut. This one was good.
Jerry Hart
I didn't realize until halfway through that this is a novelization of an episode and, therefore, I already "read" it. Man, there are quite a few typos in this book.
Joseph Barnes
What if the Enterprise really screwed things up at the beginning....What ifs...I love what ifs...Time travel is great! Good book!
Shendara
A rather poor novelization for a really good two-partner. The plot is okay, the writing... not so much.
Caprice Procarione
Caprice Procarione marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Odis
Odis marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Sutekh
Sutekh marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Camille
Camille marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Markel
Markel added it
Feb 18, 2015
Jeffrey Harlan
Jeffrey Harlan is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2015
Carlos Eduardo
Carlos Eduardo marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
James
James added it
Jan 19, 2015
David Rhodes
David Rhodes marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Chris
Chris added it
Jan 10, 2015
Gary Mcdonald
Gary Mcdonald marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Brenda Meier
Brenda Meier marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Star Trek Reads: Shockwave 1 6 Apr 07, 2013 11:36AM
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise #6)
  • What Price Honor? (Star Trek: Enterprise #4)
  • The Good That Men Do (Star Trek: Enterprise #11)
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • Last Full Measure (Star Trek: Enterprise #10)
  • A Choice of Futures (Rise Of the Federation, #1) (Star Trek: Enterprise, #15)
  • Shadow of Heaven (Star Trek Voyager, #21; Dark Matters, #3)
  • In the Name of Honor
  • Constitution (Star Trek: My Brother's Keeper, #2)
  • Power Hungry (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #6)
  • Crossroad
  • Well of Souls (Star Trek: The Lost Era, 2336)
Paul Ruditis also writes under the name P.J. Ruditis.

I was born and raised in Philadelphia where I lived a typical childhood with a far more interesting fantasy life. I mean, how many other eight year olds were sticking their Star Wars action figures in Ziploc bags filled with water and putting them in the freezer to recreate the ice planet of Hoth? (Really? That many? Never mind.)

After college, I
More about Paul Ruditis...

Star Trek: Enterprise (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • What Price Honor? (Star Trek: Enterprise #4)
  • Surak's Soul (Star Trek: Enterprise #5)
  • The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise #6)
  • Daedalus (Star Trek: Enterprise #7)
  • Daedalus's Children (Star Trek: Enterprise #8)
  • Rosetta (Star Trek: Enterprise #9)
  • Last Full Measure (Star Trek: Enterprise #10)
  • The Good That Men Do (Star Trek: Enterprise #11)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 3 Love, Hollywood Style Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1 The Four Dorothys Charmed: Season 9, Volume 2