Start by marking “The Dimension Next Door” as Want to Read:
The Dimension Next Door

The Dimension Next Door

13 original stories about the realities just around the corner...

Movements glimpsed out of the corner of your eye, inexplicable sounds, knowledge for which there is no rational explanation, dreams that seem as real as our own everyday lifeproducts of overactive imaginations, or unexpected glimpses into dimensions beyond our own? Join thirteen intrepid writers as they exp

Published July 1st 2008 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Dimension Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dimension Next Door

Paul Genesse
Apr 17, 2009 Paul Genesse rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Susan
Aug 27, 2016 Susan marked it as currently-reading-anthcoll  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anthology, paperback, 2015
The Fourteenth Virtue • [Simon Canderous] • shortstory by Anton Strout
Waiting for Evolution • novelette by Jody Lynn Nye
"The Trouble with the Truth" by Nina Kiriki Hoffman re-read 8/19/2015 and read aloud to Lisa 12/23/2015
AFK • novelette by Chris Pierson
Unreadable • novelette by Steven E. Schend
Not My Knot • novelette by Irene Radford
www.karmassist.com • shortstory by Donald J. Bingle
The Avalon Psalter • shortstory by Lillian Stewart Carl
Shadows in the Mirrors • novelette by Bradley P. Beaulieu
Bitten_by_Books
Feb 07, 2009 Bitten_by_Books rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: virginia
I truly, truly enjoyed this anthology. So much so that I have to give it 5 tombstones. With 13 stories to choose from, it was difficult to only pick a few stories to highlight in this review. I probably could have mentioned each and every one of them and I found something to like in all 13...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of The Dimension Next Door in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.
Cissa
May 11, 2013 Cissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best anthologies I've read in the past couple of years. All of the authors had very different takes on "the dimension next door", and that made it a treat.

While some stories were better than others, they were all very well-written (and in my experience, usually an anthology had at least a couple of duds).

Most of the time, if I keep an anthology, it's because of 1 -3 really good stories, and the rest range from duds to meh. With this one- I really was taken with almost all of t
Roswita
Mar 10, 2009 Roswita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I primarily bought this book because of the Anton Strout story "The Fourteenth Virtue." It's a short back story from his Simon Canderous world, and we learn a little more about the F.O.G.gies and some surprising "facts" about Benjamin Franklin. It's a great story, and a must-have if you are collecting the Canderous series.

The other short stories are terrific as well. Frankly, I haven't met an anthology edited by Martin H. Greenberg that I didn't like. He's definitely the reigning king of antholo
Joseph Young
Oct 16, 2012 Joseph Young rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: revisit
Interesting assortment of stories. Got me to think about scenarios I had never considered before. Would read again.
Didn't get to the book quickly enough; returned it unfinished and overdue to the library after already renewing it twice.
Virginia
Please see bittenbybooks.com for a review of this book.
John Doe
John Doe is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2016
Gabriele
Gabriele marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Rob Leonardi
Rob Leonardi rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Jo Brinn
Jo Brinn marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
James Aaron
James Aaron marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Yochai
Yochai added it
Feb 07, 2016
Katie Byars
Katie Byars marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 19, 2015
Robert Carter
Robert Carter marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Ann Palmieri
Ann Palmieri rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2015
Strina K
Strina K marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Ran
Ran marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Christopher Lunsford
Christopher Lunsford marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Martin Harry Greenberg was an American academic and speculative fiction anthologist. In all, he compiled 1,298 anthologies and commissioned over 8,200 original short stories. He founded Tekno Books, a packager of more than 2000 published books. In addition, he was a co-founder of the Sci-Fi Channel.
More about Martin H. Greenberg...