Start by marking “Vampire for Hire (Vampire for Hire #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Vampire for Hire (Vampire for Hire #1-2)

Vampire for Hire (Vampire for Hire #1-2)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Amazon’s #1 Bestselling Vampire Series Together in One Omnibus:

MOON DANCE
Vampire for Hire #1

Six years ago federal agent Samantha Moon was the perfect wife and mother, your typical soccer mom with the minivan and suburban home. Then the unthinkable happens, an attack that changes her life forever. And forever is a very long time for a vampire.

Now the world at large thinks S...more
Published November 29th 2010 (first published August 22nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire for Hire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire for Hire

Anita Clay
Moon Dance is the first book in the Vampire for Hire series. It is about Samantha Moon who has taken multitasking to a whole new level. She is a mother of two, a private investigator and after becoming a late night smack for a hungry vampire, a vampire. She has to balance taking care of her kids, which is really hard when you are allergic to sunlight, running a P.I. business from home and dealing with being newly divorced.

When she is hired by Kingsley Falcrum to find out who had attempted to mu...more
Natalia
Awesome and very entertaining read...I wasn't expecting much because I found it for free on Amazon, but these two books held me and wouldn't let me go until I finished reading.

It was great, Samantha Moon is a hot, kick-ass vampire trying to balance her new undead life with her husband and kids while working as a P.I. There are both sad and funny moments throughout the books, I loved the bitter, kind of sarcastic humor that Sam has as well as the fact that she's slowly learning more about her va...more
Laurel Perkins
Soccer Mom with a mini van by day, vampire private detective by night... This Mom kicks butt..
Margie Doto
I have tried to get into toher Vampire books and just couldn't. These I enjoyed. J.R. is an author that seems so far I like all his books that I have read. This type of book really surprised me that I did like it. The only reason I even tried it was because I loved the other books by him.
Betsy
This author is really good. Makes you want to keep reading. This book is about a housewife who gets bitten by a vampire, but tries to maintain a normal life. She becomes a private investigator, which is a cool job for a vampire. Can't wait to start the next book!
D
Loving the Vampire For Hire series by J.R. Rain. This book contains the first two books in the series and follows Samantha Moon's discovery of some of her talents and the changes taking place in her life and how it affects those around her.
Gef
Gef marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Britt Ellis
Britt Ellis marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Cerisse
Cerisse marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Meg Waters
Meg Waters marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Sean Sutherland
Sean Sutherland marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Becky Goff
Becky Goff marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Zoalantha Gordon
Zoalantha Gordon marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Pam Cooper
Pam Cooper marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Donna Maguire
Donna Maguire marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Colleen Johr
Colleen Johr marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Jennifer Mcneill
Jennifer Mcneill marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Pualani
Pualani marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Kimberlee Deane
Kimberlee Deane marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Carmelita Mikelson
Carmelita Mikelson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
  • Vampires vs. Werewolves (Vampire Love Story, #4)
  • Blood Bound
  • Dark Season: The Complete First Series (Dark Series, #1-8)
  • Dark Moonlighting (Dark Moonlighting, #1)
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
  • Thicker Than Water (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • The Death Series: Volume One (Death, #1-3)
  • Blood of the Son (Skye Morrison, #1)
  • An Oath of the Blood (Island Shifters, #1)
  • Dark Wine & Dark Blood (The Two Vampires, #1-2)
  • Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire, #1)
  • Bound by Blood
  • Skin Deep (DarkWorld, #1)
  • Blood Legacy (Cursed by Blood, #3)
  • Blood Reaction
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • Secret Santa (Secret McQueen #2.5)
I'm an ex-private investigator now writing full-time in the Pacific Northwest, where I live in a small house on a small island with my small dog, Sadie, who has more energy than Robin Williams.

As a kid I was always making stuff: skates, skateboards, skimboards, skis, sleds, clothing, furniture, wood carvings, Easter baskets, comic books, you name it. I was the mother of all nerds. Anyway, I think...more
More about J.R. Rain...
Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire, #1) Vampire Moon (Vampire for Hire, #2) American Vampire (Vampire for Hire, #3) Moon Child (Vampire for Hire, #4) Vampire Dawn (Vampire for Hire, #5)